Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Speaking of Relocation....., Moving to NYC area in a few months
Georgina
post May 15 2004, 02:52 PM
Post #1

Bastard Child of New Jersey

Group: AT Certified
Member No.: 138

As the title says, I an or should be moving to South Orange, NJ in the comming months, I gues the NYC crew can show me what's up in the city cause I've never been out of the train station. *is scared* Not really, but I don't know my way arround, and it is only $4 to get to Penn station form my school. I think that I need a guide to show me the cool shizz in New York. I heard that there was abunch of tall buildings and stuff too...........

I am supposed to be there on the 7th of Sept for my first day of class on the 8th. Which happens to be my birthday beigesmile.gif

Well, I don't know, just letting you all in on secrets.

guns.gif buttrock.gif sniperer.gif

--------------------
Hume Female: Bastok Rank 5, Windy Rank 3

Ranger 44, Warrior 33, Samurai 18, Ninja 24, White Mage 22, Bard 45, Summoner 10
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 7)
Astrid
post May 15 2004, 07:54 PM
Post #2

Hyper Frame

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 67

The city's much like Bastok, haha. Bring a gas mask and don't plant trees: the oxygen would kill the locals.

No, really, there are some cool places to go. We'll show you around.

--------------------
"So this Zealot comes to my door, all glazed eyes and clean reproductive organs, asking me if I ever think about God. So I tell him I killed God. I tracked God down like a rabid dog, hacked off his legs with a hedge trimmer, raped him with a corncob and boiled off his corpse in an acid bath. So he pulls an alternating-current taser on me and tells me that only the Official Serbian Church of Tesla can save my polyphase intrinsic electric field, known to non-engineers as 'the soul.' So I hit him. What would you do?" -- Warren Ellis, Transmetropolitan

+Quote Post
Dorian
post May 16 2004, 02:07 PM
Post #3

Local 804

Group: Associates
Member No.: 66

Oh snap, bring a gasmask or you'll be come mutated from the polution. Haha. In my opinion New York is rather dull, all it is is a bunch of really loud and obnoxious people all jammed into one city.

But, we'll show you a good time. Persionally what I like to do, is murder homeless people.

+Quote Post
Astrid
post May 16 2004, 02:56 PM
Post #4

Hyper Frame

Nah, I disagree, Dorian. There are plenty of things you can do in the city. For instance, if I had enough money, I'd go see all the plays. The unfortunate thing is that most of the entertainment there was made for people who have a lot of RL gil to spare, so that's definitely something you'd have to keep in mind. The village can be entertaining for a while, but it's mostly a shopping area.

You can always see famous tourist attractions like the Empire State Building or the Statue of Liberty, if that floats your boat.

--------------------
"So this Zealot comes to my door, all glazed eyes and clean reproductive organs, asking me if I ever think about God. So I tell him I killed God. I tracked God down like a rabid dog, hacked off his legs with a hedge trimmer, raped him with a corncob and boiled off his corpse in an acid bath. So he pulls an alternating-current taser on me and tells me that only the Official Serbian Church of Tesla can save my polyphase intrinsic electric field, known to non-engineers as 'the soul.' So I hit him. What would you do?" -- Warren Ellis, Transmetropolitan

+Quote Post
AC9breaker
post May 16 2004, 03:06 PM
Post #5

Soul Hunter

Group: Magister
Member No.: 23

You can't also forget about all of the art museums. The Metroplitan for one is really good. There theres the ever tiring Googenheim. ( I'm pretty sure I spelled it wrong crash.gif ) *Hint start from the top up.

Theres so many things to do and see in the city I cant even recall any thing properly to type. @.@ Or if you ever get tired of NYC just hop on down to NJ and let me give you a tour of our many wonders. =/ I actually live like 30 mins away from city too. beigebigeek.gif

--------------------
"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

--an Excerpt from a Night Lords Novel Void Stalkers Chapter X: Revenge

+Quote Post
Omar
post May 16 2004, 07:00 PM
Post #6

Soul Frame

Group: Associates
Member No.: 108

well on august 28th ill be going to rutgers up in new brunswick which isnt to far from NYC...

i personally hate NYC... its way to crowded.. way to much traffic.. if you ask for help.. you need a translator because half the workers can hardly speak understandable english...its very expensive out there... or very cheap.. depends...

if your moving to NJ check out NJ first ;) heheh their arent many great things.. but try the beaches or something... though north jersey is just as bad or worst than NYC (which is why i kinda dont like rutgers.. but my campus is nice and quiet)

woot!

+Quote Post
Knightsword
post May 16 2004, 07:09 PM
Post #7

Mistress of Red Magic

Group: Arbiter Caste
Member No.: 53

Best of you to your endevors

+Quote Post
Astrid
post May 17 2004, 12:20 PM
Post #8

Hyper Frame

QUOTE (AC9breaker @ May 16 2004, 03:06 PM)
You can't also forget about all of the art museums. The Metroplitan for one is really good. There theres the ever tiring Googenheim. ( I'm pretty sure I spelled it wrong crash.gif ) *Hint start from the top up.

Theres so many things to do and see in the city I cant even recall any thing properly to type. @.@ Or if you ever get tired of NYC just hop on down to NJ and let me give you a tour of our many wonders. =/ I actually live like 30 mins away from city too. beigebigeek.gif

Oh! How could I forget the Met of Art? I used to spend hours upon hours in that place. Yeah, that one is definitely awesome.

We also have a Modern Art museum, if you're into that sort of thing.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th May 2024 - 09:03 PM