IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

disturbing thought.. =., what's your take?
DivA
post Jun 20 2003, 08:59 PM
Post #1

Deus-Ex MachinA

Group: Neophyte Caste
Member No.: 44

question.. =.

who controls who in this day & age - human or machine? *ponders* i've been thinking about this one today after seeing koyaanisqatsi earlier today; it's true that humans brought the machine into existence, but will the machine surpass & control our lives - especially in the future? do we still have control of our future? -.O *shivers* well, i'll toss this one out there for ATHQ to play with - what's your take on this?

useless fact: koyaanisqatsi translates as - life out of balance (fascinating film btw - highly recommended for those curious to learn how civilization is currently working...behind the scenes style, of course.. ^.-)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Mute
post Jun 21 2003, 04:12 PM
Post #2

Sunbro

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 25

QUOTE (DivA @ Jun 21 2003, 12:07 PM)
hmmm, this is the classic argument - machines cannot be programmed to feel & know emotion; but, it's possible to program them to make limited decisions.. it all goes back to the program, it could be said that our genetic code is a program, a program for life - if that's so, then we are doing nothing more than behaving exactly what has been programmed into us on a genetic level..

Eesh, I didn't think about it like that. Deep, DivA... real deep...
>_<

--------------------
PSN ID: USF_Tailgater
Xbox Live: USF Tailgater
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th May 2024 - 08:20 PM