IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Modern Warfare 3, Pretend like you didn't see it coming.
Crushinator
post May 13 2011, 07:27 PM
Post #1

Holding these random memories

Group: Magister
Member No.: 8

So after a shitload of leaks earlier today (by Kotaku of all places? WTF?), IW and #fourzerotwo officially confirmed MW3, and showed the reveal trailer early because the cat's already out of the bag.

Lots of leaks regarding the campaign story, but I've avoided them to keep it fresh.

The multiplayer (supposedly) has 20 maps in the list, although some could be DLC. Map names point to locales such as Mogadishu, Brooklyn, Paris, and others.

Spec Ops mode is back, HEL YEH, along with a "horde" survival type mode.

I'm officially all aboard the hype train, damn the torpedoes, even if IW is a shell of what it was before... I fucking love me some Modern Warfare.

Casual Bro Gamer status: confirmed.

--------------------

Steam: MrCrushin PSN : MrCrushin XBL: Mr Crushin
I'm not a playa I just crush a lot.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Crushinator
post Sep 3 2011, 05:55 PM
Post #2

Holding these random memories

Group: Magister
Member No.: 8

Details of the CoD Elite subscription service have been revealed.

PR blob regarding the benefits follows:

• First, subscribers will get a year's worth of downloadable content for Modern Warfare 3. That is over 20 pieces of new content, he says, spooled out over monthly content drops. That content will include new maps, new game modes and more, with a total cost of over $60 if purchased separately.
  • Call of Duty Elite subscribers will have access to daily and weekly competitions and events, which will offer both real and virtual prizes.
  • Subscribers will be able to level up their clans in competition (though simply creating or joining a clan is still a free option).
  • Subscribers will have "eight times" more video sharing capacity than standard users.
  • Subscribers will have access to "expert strategy and analysis," including tips on guns, maps, and perks, which Hirshberg said would be updated and maintained by "real humans."
  • And finally, subscribers will get to watch "Elite TV," a service of "premium episodic entertainment" themed around Call of Duty. None of that content is yet created, but Hirshberg suggested that two shows would begin the service: "Friday Night Fights," produced by Ridley and Tony Scott, which will pit real life rivals (like Democrats and Republicans or policemen and firefighters) against each other in Call of Duty matches; and "Noob Tube," a series produced by Will Arnett and Jason Bateman that will feature the stars "smack talking" over user-created videos from the game.

The other stuff like TV shows and online video stuff isn't too appealing, but given that I'll probably bite at all the map packs anyways (@ $15 a pop 4x this year) I'll probably get this anyway.

All these features are in addition to the bungie.net-esque stat tracking, clans, heatmaps, and such that are free for all MW3 players.

The Hardened Edition of the game has also been detailed, biggest feature being it comes with a full year of CoD Elite. It's priced at $99, so paying $40 more for the game to get the $50 subscription I'm going to buy anyway seems like a good deal.

--------------------

Steam: MrCrushin PSN : MrCrushin XBL: Mr Crushin
I'm not a playa I just crush a lot.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th May 2024 - 05:17 PM