Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

The Art of Swearing, What ST does and does not censor
unitself
post Sep 24 2003, 09:33 AM
Post #1

green and square

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 49

Last night, after a grueling round of trying to obtain the elusive white ring (third time is NOT a charm btw), I decided to stop by the lobby and say 'hi' to a few friends. Well, my quick stop turned into me, 'rinn and DivA played a game of "Stump the Censor!" Now I know this is probably old news to most of you, but I was amazed at the words they bleeped out. I know some words in Europe mean different things than in America. For example, "poof". Anyway, the 10 yr old in me, and I hope them, found all of this quite amusing. I guess we all did 'cause we did it for almost an hour. beigelaugh.gif

You guys should try it! It's quite fun. Be creative! You'll be surprised!!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
DarkEpyon
post Sep 24 2003, 12:05 PM
Post #2

Revolution to the Destruction

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 21

The word "dago" in ice staff dagon is censored, because it's a racial slurr for those of Italian or Spanish descent. The term "wop" falls in the same category (for Italians). "Jap," of course, is the derogatory term for the Japanese, just as "chink" is to the Chinese. However the word chink has several non-offensive meanings compared with other slurs. A "coolie" is an unskilled worker in or from the Far East that's hired for dirt cheap.

The word "pedophile" is censored for obvious reasons. The same could be said for man goo as well.

--------------------

"Computers are incredibly fast, accurate and stupid. Human beings are incredibly slow, inaccurate and brilliant. Together they are powerful beyond imagination."
-Albert Einstein
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th May 2024 - 03:33 PM