Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

final fantasy crystal chronicles
Alisha
post Feb 12 2004, 01:53 PM
Post #1

Monk Princess

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 11

did anyone else get this i picked it up tuesday and so far i love it and have about 20 hours so far a lot of magazines try to say single player is boring but i disagree ive been having a blast in single player it plays like the secret of mana games but its a lot better than legend of mana and the more i play it the more i wish i had more gba's to play multiplayer

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Crushinator
post Feb 14 2004, 07:54 PM
Post #2

Holding these random memories

Group: Magister
Member No.: 8

Holy shit game is AWESOME in mulitplayer. We hooked it up 4 players and were screaming at eachother, and matching up our timing for combo attacks and shit. Problems stared to arise when EVERYBODY TOOK THE GOOD PRIZES at the end of the match, and were purposely making me lost my "objective" so I couldn't get the best prize...but that was just more fun and yelling I guess.

I played for a bit, solo after everyone fell asleep, and I gotta say the game doesn't quite have as much pizazz. You don't get as many cool items from the monsters, and the battles change from a frentic combo-fest to you using the same attack and/or spell over and over again until the boss dies. It's easier to go through the towns though, and using the REAL GC controller is a plus.

Here's my impressions so far:

+Multiplayer is way enjoyable, co-op is always great, in any game.
+The combos are really cool, and how you can join spells together for Firaga, Gravity, Holy, etc makes for some great teamwork.
+The graphics and voices are excellent.
+The gameboy screen thing is actually useful, as it keeps the game pace flowing while you flip around your spells and use items.

-Single player mode is blah compared to mulitplayer. I probably won't play this game solo much, but will defintely hook it up on the weekends.
-Playing with a GBASP is about the worst long term controller you could possibly hold. Stupid corners and tiny D-pad sucks ass after playing for 4 hours.
-Stupid character creation on the GBA that doesn't let you see what your guy looks like until you create him, and then you gotta go back and do it all over again if you picked a dorky look.
-The story is completely pointless, and just slows the game down. We were more interested in getting to the next level than watching some dumbass scene where some generic NPCs blather on to our characters.
-No sorting on the item menu makes finding stuff a pain.

If you already have enough friends with GBAs to hook it up mulitplayer, then drop the 10 bones each on a GC>GBA link cable and pick this game up. Its solid gold multplayer entertainment. However, if you can't get your friends together (or are a lonely loser) then I would only give it a passing recommendation. Its a lot like PSO, where the pizazz is in the multiplayer and human interaction, not the solo gameplay or story.

--------------------

Steam: MrCrushin PSN : MrCrushin XBL: Mr Crushin
I'm not a playa I just crush a lot.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 08:47 PM