IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Phantasy Star Universe Closed Beta, Starting this thurs!
Akukame
post May 13 2006, 09:00 PM
Post #46

Frame

Group: Associates
Member No.: 146

Wow, I haven't posted here since uh... that ep3 tournament... where I got owned in the finals by two indi belra. EDIT: Actually, looking back on it, I had signed up here so I could enter that tourney since I played with you all in ep3. Oh well, you get flooded with my pics anyways.

Oh well, I posted this a couple other places to try to get people into the game, but here are some pics, with how crappy it runs on my comp.

So, my journey began with me being shafted entrance to the beta. Over a week went by, and I got no acceptance letter to the closed beta. So, using a hacked version of the client, I atleast played with the character creator.
user posted imageuser posted image

But, due to Kyori's acquaintance needing to prepare for e3, I was given a chance to play for a week. Here's me finally making it out of the newbie area.
user posted image

But that new area owned me like you wouldn't believe. So I ran back to the newbie area. But I still ended up encountering some things that looked distinctly new (atleast when compared to PSO). Heres my first weapon drop, which didn't even happen till I was level 12! I also bought a Bow, because bows are cool. And even encountered a funky looking healing circle. Not that I needed healing. I also began using an earth elemental spell that was not in PSO (this is radigga, there was also a digga).
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Being poor sucked. But I needed something to aspire to! So I went window shopping, tried on some clothes in the dressing rooms. But it was all so expensive. x.o A new shirt cost 40k! I was only making like... 4-5k per hour!

I ended up partying with some japanese people. Actually, I partied with japanese people alot. Got some decent japanese practice in. Though I had to make sure to start conversations with "Kanji yomemasen ^^;;" Yes I included the smilie when I said that. Though I really tried to just be quiet, unnoticed, and say the normal "yoroshiku" at the beginning of every mission and "otsukaresama" at the end of every mission. Heres also a picture of a cast doing an SUV. Its like... a robot super move.

Another english speaking person needed to level (Skidean), so a few of our higher level friends came to help us. It ended up being a 4 FOnewearl party of craziness. Level 30 was the max level for the beta btw.
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Look, I bought some new clothing :D (Put me out almost 40k too. I also bought glasses and green lipstick) Then I ran to group up with some more people, and I found that midori and radix communicate in alien speak.

You know that place I wandered into when I was level 9? Well, it was pay back time. I got a party together, and we went to go kill the boss of the area! But wait a minute, whats this!? I died!? Oh well, I'll just get another group together and go kill the boss! Wait, what the hell!? I died AGAIN!? Actually, over the course of maybe the 7 times I fought that boss, I only managed to stay alive the entire fight once. And between the other 6 fights... I probably died about 20 times. Its not my fault he deals like 1200 and my max hp is barely over 500.
Kyori's perspective:
http://www.taleschannel.org/PSU/psu20060509_234209_022.png
http://www.taleschannel.org/PSU/psu20060509_234631_025.png
http://www.taleschannel.org/PSU/psu20060510_000824_026.png (just before boss)
http://www.taleschannel.org/PSU/psu20060510_000933_027.png
http://www.taleschannel.org/PSU/psu20060510_000952_028.png
http://www.taleschannel.org/PSU/psu20060510_001317_032.png (different perspective of me dead)

We decided to finish the second to last day by beating the first dungeon again. It was a massacre. But we got a nice group shot there at the end.
user posted image
Kyori's perspective.
http://www.taleschannel.org/PSU/psu20060510_002927_038.png (dancing outside of mission area)
http://www.taleschannel.org/PSU/psu20060510_003601_039.png
http://www.taleschannel.org/PSU/psu20060510_004410_041.png
http://www.taleschannel.org/PSU/psu20060510_004738_045.png
http://www.taleschannel.org/PSU/psu20060510_005055_046.png (group shot)

And finally came the last day, one last run through the final boss. Yes, I ended up dieing. But they gave us free money on the last day, so everyone could res. We got some final group shots, including some nekkid posing in front of the onsen. Also, note I changed to a ranger instead of a force for the last day. Guns instead of Magic.
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Riel
post May 13 2006, 09:13 PM
Post #47

Guardian Armor

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 14

Good stuff Aku,thanks for sharing...as you can imagine we are all pretty anxious to play this game this fall,hope to see you on board then also beigesmile.gif

--------------------
============================

+Quote Post
Akukame
post May 13 2006, 09:38 PM
Post #48

Frame

Group: Associates
Member No.: 146

I might be, who knows. Really depends on if I have enough time to play when its released. To tell you the truth I had kind of forgotten about you guys until I noticed Alisha posting on psow. And then after speaking with Kyori I was like " Wait a minute, DarkEpyon was AT too? beigebiggrin.gif " And looking back, Nisshoku was in ep3 and that tournament... wonder if its the same one <.< Probably is, that doesn't seem like a common name >.>

+Quote Post
DarkEpyon
post May 14 2006, 01:42 PM
Post #49

Revolution to the Destruction

Member No.: 21

I had no idea you were registered here, Aku. Guess that low post count says it all then. But yeah, I've been here a while.

--------------------

"Computers are incredibly fast, accurate and stupid. Human beings are incredibly slow, inaccurate and brilliant. Together they are powerful beyond imagination."
-Albert Einstein

+Quote Post
Henge
post May 15 2006, 11:04 AM
Post #50

OpSec

Group: Dark Templar
Member No.: 2

I've been trying since the beta started to put a finger on just what the clothes remind me of, Akukame's pics helped me to finally nail it on the head, Bladerunner!

+Quote Post
DarkEpyon
post May 17 2006, 10:24 PM
Post #51

Revolution to the Destruction

Member No.: 21

Read 'em and weap, folks.

Sega pisses on us "filthy gaijin" yet again.

--------------------

"Computers are incredibly fast, accurate and stupid. Human beings are incredibly slow, inaccurate and brilliant. Together they are powerful beyond imagination."
-Albert Einstein

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post May 18 2006, 12:42 AM
Post #52

Holding these random memories

Group: Magister
Member No.: 8

What is there to "weep" about in that article? Besides PSOW's incessant dick-sucking of course.

Good to hear that the JP and US servers will be seperate, that way we will at least have even ground when the game launches. It's stupid that there is no Challenge or Battle mode built in from the start though, you'd think that would be a no-brainer to add (or should I say 'keep in').

I also like the prospect of riding on fire-breathing dinosaurs beigelaugh.gif

--------------------

Steam: MrCrushin PSN : MrCrushin XBL: Mr Crushin
I'm not a playa I just crush a lot.

+Quote Post
Retehi
post May 18 2006, 04:13 AM
Post #53

Show-off

Group: Arbiter Caste
Member No.: 10

Oh well, so we can't play with the JP, it's not like they are superhumans, and make everything better when we're in their presence.

I like the customization of vehicles.

I'm not going nuts over the game, but I am as sure still gonna pick me up a copy when it gets here, whenever that is.

Till then, I have lots of things to keep me occupied. beigesmile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alisha
post May 18 2006, 11:38 AM
Post #54

Monk Princess

Member No.: 11

i think its retarded that us and japaneese servers will be sperate. due to my playtimes i know for a fact id be sol on ffxi without jp players.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Henge
post May 18 2006, 12:11 PM
Post #55

OpSec

Group: Dark Templar
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (Alisha @ May 18 2006, 11:38 AM)
i think its retarded that us and japaneese servers will be sperate. due to my playtimes i know for a fact id be sol on ffxi without jp players.

Yeah, well, hopefully you won't need 6-18 people every time you step outside the city like you do on ffxi. beigerolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
Knightsword
post May 19 2006, 12:56 AM
Post #56

Mistress of Red Magic

Group: Arbiter Caste
Member No.: 53

Takao Miyoshi: At this time, the servers are going to be separated for the US and Japanese versions of the game. Unfortunately, the release dates will be very different between Japan and the US. However, we are thinking of updating everything equally for players in both Japan and the United States. The updates will probably be based on the release dates. So, say Japan receives the game three months before the United States, updates will be on an automatic three month delay for the US version, or something along those lines. We can't give you the exact intervals for how long the delays will be just yet.

I think DE was refering to the above.

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post May 19 2006, 08:38 PM
Post #57

Holding these random memories

Group: Magister
Member No.: 8

I wouldn't normally have a problem with playing with the Japanese, but it looks like they will have this game at least 5 months before we get our hands on it. So it will be a lot like the situation when FFXI started, where the game was already filled with people that were leagues better than you and had everything "figured out."

It will be a lot more fun to discover the game from the beginning with everyone else in America. It should also cut down on the "jp are so awesome and skilled and honorable" dick sucking that was so bad in the PSO community.

--------------------

Steam: MrCrushin PSN : MrCrushin XBL: Mr Crushin
I'm not a playa I just crush a lot.

+Quote Post
Alisha
post May 20 2006, 07:16 AM
Post #58

Monk Princess

Member No.: 11

i got my hands on the psu beta and a hacked exe that lets you mess around with character creation so heres what you might see me looking like beigesmile.gif

user posted image

--------------------

+Quote Post
Frosty
post May 20 2006, 10:21 AM
Post #59

King Lyrical

Group: Neophyte Caste
Member No.: 116

Hmm...looks pretty cool...I ca't wait x_X

--------------------
Even though I haven't reached lyrical perfection,
I'm still vibing through my words and artistic expression,
I took the wrong path, I needed some correction,
I haven't reached my goal, but I'm headed in the right direction

~lyrical.dreams A.K.A. Frosty

My vision fades out and I start to dream,
It brings realizations that things aren't necessarily what they seem,
Me, myself, and I all head this one-man team,
I'm here to gain knowledge, not all that C.R.E.A.M.

~lyrical.dreams A.K.A. Frosty

Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Phantasy Star Online Levels for Lyrical
.::Frosty (HUcast)::......:34+::.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:42 AM