Reply to this topicStart new topic
Fan Art: Haruhiko Mikimoto
Layrinn
post Dec 23 2003, 12:53 AM
Post #1

Grand Armor

Group: Associates
Member No.: 15

I've taken to browsing the web for anime style artwork during FFXI downtime... I came across one particular site entiled "Images That Don't Suck" ~ I figured that sounded pretty promising. ^.~

The owner of this site has amassed a HUGE collection of anime style artwork... and indeed, most of it does not suck. It's very well organized, and the site is fast and reliable ~ I should know, I've been abusing his bandwidth for the last couple of weeks. ^^;

Anyhow... one picture in particular stood out to me. The artist is Haruhiko Mikimoto. Perhaps it was from seeing Last Samurai recently, or maybe from my adventures in Vana'Diel... whatever the reason ~ this picture inspired me, and I felt like sharing it.

Enjoy!

user posted image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Azrael
post Dec 23 2003, 01:07 AM
Post #2

Busy In Hell

Group: Neophyte Caste
Member No.: 51

That's a pretty good piece of art. buttrock.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PSO BB:PSO BB Chars: Fred lv77 HUnewearl
Aquarius-X lv10 RAmarl
Watch DScc in action at DScc Vision Az

+Quote Post
DarkEpyon
post Dec 23 2003, 06:57 AM
Post #3

Revolution to the Destruction

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 21

This just reminds me of how badass a fully-armored samurai looks. (well, almost full in this case) Thanks for the badass pic rinn. king.gif

--------------------

"Computers are incredibly fast, accurate and stupid. Human beings are incredibly slow, inaccurate and brilliant. Together they are powerful beyond imagination."
-Albert Einstein

+Quote Post
AC9breaker
post Dec 29 2003, 04:40 PM
Post #4

Soul Hunter

Group: Magister
Member No.: 23

Hmm Ive been wondering this for awhile. Do you think this piece was done by water colors? Thats what im getting looking at the style it has. It also looks to be more of a contemporary artist too, since the faces have a kinda anime-ish feel to it. It kinda reminds me those old school japaniese scrolls. None the less this picture rocks. It replaced the samus one i had for my desktop. spinning.gif

--------------------
"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

--an Excerpt from a Night Lords Novel Void Stalkers Chapter X: Revenge

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:56 PM