Reply to this topicStart new topic
A bit of disappointing news...
Mute
post Jun 4 2003, 10:20 AM
Post #1

Sunbro

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 25

In case you were interested in Star Wars Galaxies for PS2 or XBox, you may not wanna hold your breath. I got this tidbit of news from the Magic Box the other day:

LucasArts has discontinued the development of the MMORPG Star Wars Galaxies for PS2 and Xbox, the reason is that they want to concentrate on the PC version, it is still undecided whether the console version will resume after the PC version is completed.

Quite disappointing if you ask me. I don't own a PS2 nor an XBox, but I have quite a few buddies that have been waiting for this game for a while.

On a side note, Konami's is releasing an updated classic, Lode Runner (to be called Famicom Collection Vol. 1 Cubic Lode Runner) for GameCube. I really hope this makes it to North America. Lode Runner was crazy fun back in the day, and I'm sure this one will be just as fun.

--------------------
PSN ID: USF_Tailgater
Xbox Live: USF Tailgater
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Layrinn
post Jun 4 2003, 10:46 AM
Post #2

Grand Armor

Group: Associates
Member No.: 15

Well, I can't say that's all that surprising. Either way, I've only been moderately interested in this game. I've never really been able to get into these kinds of huge MMORPGs, and the fact that this one will carry the largest monthly fee in the history of the genre is a big turn off. I'd probably just want to play it so I could make some hottie double-saber swingin' Jedi chick... and, well... I've got one of those already on PSO. ;) Besides, from what little I've read, actually becoming a Jedi in that game is going to be insanely difficult.

I'd be really interested to see that Lode Runner game. Heheheee... talk about nostalgia... I played the original game a looooooooong time ago when my dad bought a Commodore 64 computer for me and my brother. I think I was like...8 or 9 years old. beigebiggrin.gif We're talking pre-NES days here, folks. ;p Hehe, yeah... I'd definitly check that out. =)

+Quote Post
Zorya
post Jun 4 2003, 12:24 PM
Post #3

Tears for Fears

Member No.: 13

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

SCREW YOU LUCAS, SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEW YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU *shakes fist*

--------------------
<center>IPB Image

<center>Red
<center>1981-2007

+Quote Post
DarkEpyon
post Jun 4 2003, 12:37 PM
Post #4

Revolution to the Destruction

Member No.: 21

This game never interested me from the beginning. I've been burned by the video game/Hollywood mix in the past. Neither side seems to have learned from their mistakes.

--------------------

"Computers are incredibly fast, accurate and stupid. Human beings are incredibly slow, inaccurate and brilliant. Together they are powerful beyond imagination."
-Albert Einstein

+Quote Post
Bryn
post Jun 4 2003, 12:38 PM
Post #5

Nothing but the rain.

Group: Arbiter Caste
Member No.: 5

Blegh...the news on Galaxies gets more dreary with each passing month. cry2.gif When I first heard about this game (seems like forever ago) I was really excited, but I was also hoping for the XBox version, considering that if it was something both Dive & I got into heavily it wouldn't be too insanely expensive to get a second system.

I guess we'll just have to pick up the PC version and try to share. beigelaugh.gif

+Quote Post
Sheik
post Jun 4 2003, 01:04 PM
Post #6

☆タルタル、かわいい☆

Group: Neophyte Caste
Member No.: 33

QUOTE (Mute @ Jun 4 2003, 09:20 AM)
On a side note, Konami's is releasing an updated classic, Lode Runner (to be called Famicom Collection Vol. 1 Cubic Lode Runner) for GameCube. I really hope this makes it to North America. Lode Runner was crazy fun back in the day, and I'm sure this one will be just as fun.
[/color]

Wow, I owned Lode Runner on a Apple IIe way back when. It was a cool and should I say additcive game. I think I have a updated PC version around here too that I saw and picked up. This is something that I will have to check out when it comes in.

--------------------
Level
+ neola - Lv109 HUcaseal - Oran
+ Sheik - Lv056 FOnewearl - Viridia
Challenge
+ neola* - HUcaseal - Whitill
+ kali* - FOnewearl - Whitill
+ neola** - HUcast - Green

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Jun 5 2003, 07:11 PM
Post #7

Holding these random memories

Group: Magister
Member No.: 8

Oh no, a star wars game cancelled. Watch as Crushinator does not care.

--------------------

Steam: MrCrushin PSN : MrCrushin XBL: Mr Crushin
I'm not a playa I just crush a lot.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 01:45 AM