Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Paul W.S. Anderson sucks.
Wiryu
post Jan 27 2007, 12:52 AM
Post #1

This is my custom member title.

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 121

This is the man who brough you movies like Resident Evil, Resident Evil: Apocalypse, Alien VS Predator, and Dead or Alive. I have a huge issue with the fact that he managed to get the rights to a Castlevania movie. In his better days, he brought us Event Horizon, and Mortal Kombat, but since then his movies has been shit, and I fear heavily he will continue his streak. Allow me to go into frustrated detail.

Resident Evil: An ok survival horror movie, with cheesy one liners, action, and decent effects which introduced new characters, and put a twist to the series. An ok survival horror flick, but a bad resident evil flick.

Resident Evil Apocalypse: An attempt to have sex with the series by having characters from the movie interupt and interact with characters from the resident evil game story. I'm all for chicks kicking ass in movies, but they were just like, "Fuck it, let's make alice a god of combat!" I cringe that they plan on making a third movie with alice interacting with more of the games characters, and likely story.

Alien VS Predator: Three predators, the most badass hunters ever, rush in to take on some mean nasty aliens, and make them their bitches. Unfortunetly we barely got to see anything with the constant flashing of lights and extreme close ups during the fight. Executed way poorly. Oh yah, two of the three predators die about 4 minutes into the movie, and then the last one decides to make a weapon for, and "team up" with the lonely little human. Predators are proud hunters, they don't need the help of a fucking human. The ending showed room for a sequel! Joy! The director is different, but the writers are the same, let's hope for better results.

Dead Or Alive: I didn't even watch this piece of shit. The previews sucked, and the three people I got reviews from said it was just a cheap copy of Charlies Angels.

Castlevania is one of my favorite gaming series of all time, and already he has the badass invincible chick to save the day once again. Introducing Sonia Belmont! Why can't this guy ever stay canon to the fucking series he's making a movie of? He's getting worse than Uwe Boll. I can't wait to see him fuck up yet again, another great series, along with his 7 sequels to follow.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Wiryu
post Jan 29 2007, 11:42 PM
Post #2

This is my custom member title.

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 121

Explosions, holy water balloons, cheesy dialogue, and a hero who will come off as a bitch because of the way mr. anderson creates his femalee stars onscreen. I have no hope for this film.

If he follows the story, I suppose there can be a glimmer of light, however, I won't get my hopes up. According to the wiki info, alucard had a lot to do with sonias timeline as well, where it leaves open a sequel to go into the Hector(Draculas Disciple, from Castlevania:Curse of darkness)/trevor belmont time. The choice of alucard could help make or break the film before it's even released. beigebigrazz.gif

Sonia Belmont lived during the Late Middle Ages in a remote part of Transylvania. In 1451 her grandfather was killed by Dracula's minions. She took up his ancestral whip and intrepidly ventured into Castlevania. Within the castle, she encountered Alucard, the half-vampire son of Dracula. She had met him some time before and the two had formed a romantic relationship. Alucard was intent on dissuading Sonia from her goal, planning to stop his father alone. When Sonia would not yield, he challenged her to a battle to test her abilities. After she defeated him, Alucard was confident that Sonia could overcome Dracula and he resumed his self-imposed sleep. Sonia went on to be the first Belmont to defeat Dracula, and spared Europe from his evil influence for a time. (For more information on Sonia's removal from the official timeline, see the Castlevania timeline article.) Soon after Dracula's defeat, Sonia bore a child who "would carry on the fate and tragedy of the Belmont family, and the bloodline of dark ways."
- Wikipedia

Sounds like the VK will also be included.

The ending of Legends implies that Sonia's child was Trevor Belmont and was fathered by Alucard. (As a result, all the Belmonts would be descendants of Dracula.)

Just something I found interesting.

Sonia Belmont Wiki info.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:27 AM