Retehi
post Sep 21 2007, 06:05 PM
Post #1

Show-off

Group: Arbiter Caste
Member No.: 10

I'm just gonna guess every single person here has heard of this by now, if not,
http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/11808/medium.html

Anyway I thought I'd share this, someone posted it on another forum, saying he got it off Ain't It Cool or whatever. Saved it to AT so I wouldn't leech his photobucket, a picture of the possible monster no one knows squat about yet (I'm guessing fanart, but pretty nifty still):

You guys are probably tired of all the speculation, and all that stuff, but I think it's a fun mystery, I love creative marketing like this. It sure as hell has me excited to see it, haha.

There was supposed to be a new trailer out today with Resident Evil, but I didn't go to watch.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Knightsword
post Sep 21 2007, 07:09 PM
Post #2

Mistress of Red Magic

Member No.: 53

I'm still hoping for Cthulhu as the monster and other forgotten ones as minions and not giant mutant whales.

+Quote Post
AC9breaker
post Sep 22 2007, 12:56 AM
Post #3

Soul Hunter

Group: Magister
Member No.: 23

WTF, isn't that the monster from final Fantasy 10? SIN.

Anway, I saw the trailer for this when I went to see transformers and it had me into it from the very first frame I'm definetly digging the way they're pushing the movie and quite frankly, we haven't had a good huge Monster destroying shit movie in awhile. Its good to see these type of films again and I eagerly awaiting to find out more about this. The monster looks pretty sweet!

--------------------
"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

--an Excerpt from a Night Lords Novel Void Stalkers Chapter X: Revenge

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Sep 22 2007, 01:16 AM
Post #4

Holding these random memories

Member No.: 8

There wasn't a new trailer for it at the theater I saw RE:E at. :/

That picture looks cool though, CRAB PEOPLE CRAB PEOPLE. Crabs rock total.

--------------------

Steam: MrCrushin PSN : MrCrushin XBL: Mr Crushin
I'm not a playa I just crush a lot.

+Quote Post
Retehi
post Nov 21 2007, 01:58 PM
Post #5

Show-off

Official site is now up, with a new kickass high quality trailer for your viewing pleasure:

http://www.cloverfieldmovie.com/

You get a quick glimpse of the monster (nothing extraordinary, but you do get to see how big it is), hints of smaller, parasitic creatures, and some kind of chestburster-esque scene going on a bit past the middle. Also, the awesome scene with the Army going after the monster.

Seriously, this movie looks badass, I can't wait. trophy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Nov 21 2007, 03:12 PM
Post #6

Holding these random memories

Member No.: 8

I saw the new trailer this weekend at Beowulf (Which sucked grendels taint btw, don't waste your time.)

Even more hyped for the movie now! They also had a new one for "I am Legend", which I've been psyched for over a year now.

--------------------

Steam: MrCrushin PSN : MrCrushin XBL: Mr Crushin
I'm not a playa I just crush a lot.

+Quote Post
Wiryu
post Dec 24 2007, 11:11 AM
Post #7

This is my custom member title.

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 121

http://cloverfieldclues.blogspot.com/

join the game.

+Quote Post
Riel
post Dec 24 2007, 02:12 PM
Post #8

Guardian Armor

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 14

I saw that trailer also on the PS3 last week and man it looks awesome...i like the camera view or something,makes it look like a Roadie type angle with better quality or something hehe...anyway it looks awesome.

--------------------
============================

+Quote Post
Retehi
post Jan 18 2008, 08:41 PM
Post #9

Show-off

Goin' tonight, will give a solid impression when I get back.

I been giddy all day. >_>

--------------------

+Quote Post
Scan_Man
post Jan 18 2008, 09:21 PM
Post #10

Grand Armor

Group: AT Certified
Member No.: 71

Just got back from seeing. It was entertaining. The visuals and sound was excellent. I was left wanting more, and a bit dissappointed because there won't be more, just rip offs from here on. I also wish the ending was not so "Blair Witch" too. But at least you know what happend and not standing there like WTF! Here its more like "maaaaaaaaaaan, did we win or what? I can't tell" and then someone says over your shoulder says "I think we lost." Sure it had a good story, and excuted it well for the type of direction the film took, but I believe all loose ends should be tied up by the end.

Maybe we get some type of DVD extra, or a website that tells us more about what just took place down the road.

This post has been edited by Scan_Man: Jan 18 2008, 09:22 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Retehi
post Jan 19 2008, 02:33 AM
Post #11

Show-off

Shit sucks, gave me a crazy ass headache too.

4/10

--------------------

+Quote Post
AC9breaker
post Jan 19 2008, 03:39 AM
Post #12

Soul Hunter

Member No.: 23

Details???
I'm planning to go see it later this week.

--------------------
"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

--an Excerpt from a Night Lords Novel Void Stalkers Chapter X: Revenge

+Quote Post
Retehi
post Jan 19 2008, 04:03 AM
Post #13

Show-off

Ok my headache is dissipating, so I guess I can write some more. SPOILERS:

The problem was this; to me it was nothing more then a cheesy love story deep down. Rob is pretty much on a quest to rescue some broad he nailed across a city being rampaged by the monster.

You really have no idea what's going on with the movie unless you checked all the little websites, clues, etc. circulating the web. The main character is apparently vice president of something (I'm guessing Tagruato. . again, something only people who played detective would know about), but in the movie there is no mention of that at all, just "Rob is going to Japan, blah blah blah".

The first 20 minutes of the movie are so INSANELY boring, it's nothing more then a cheap party full of irritating people. They could of seriously used this part of the movie to shed some light on what company Rob was ACTUALLY working for, but it was just so boring. Then it just turned to 10 minutes of gossip about how Rob had the one night stand with the before mentioned chick.

So the monster comes out of no where, and starts rampaging across NYC. The awesome parts were seeing the army attacking the monster. . but even those parts lasted a grand total of 5 minutes or so. Also there ARE parasite like creatures that fall off the monster, but they rarely got any screen time. All I know is they made one chick explode after biting her.

But after all that, all it really was, was an irritating "I must go back and rescue that chick I screwed once, maybe I'll score again!" story. I was seriously thinking this movie wouldn't be like every other crappy movie as of late with that sort of story, but I was wrong.

But I'll give it this, the monster was seriously badass, along with the weird little crab things that were shedding off it. Too bad they weren't in a better storyline. Maybe I'm being too hard, but like Scan said, theres just too many open holes at the end (like who the hell got ahold of the video camera?). A sequel would seriously turn this to a pretty sweet movie series. Stuff like the whole deep sea drilling thing could come into play, and what happened to NYC afterwards. If not well . . meh.

If you can get someone to buy your ticket, go for it. Just be careful afterwards, my headache was rather nasty after the movie, and I felt somewhat nauseas (from the janky camera work).

*Edit* See, stuff like this is just so freakin' awesome (3 videos within the link in different languages), but none of it is mentioned, or explained in the movie:

http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/01/06/video-...ired-by-slusho/

Somehow it seems more thought was put into the whole Tagruato/ocean drilling platform thing, rather then the film.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Scan_Man
post Jan 19 2008, 04:35 AM
Post #14

Grand Armor

Group: AT Certified
Member No.: 71

I agree. Though I thought the part with the party was entertaining, but that is more so because I used to hang around people like that. To me it was pretty "real" and drew me in. And the part in the subway station and the camera guy being a bit insensitive to the situation with the "Guy lighting homeless people of fire." Lmao. I would have mention the same things like that if I were in that situation. So I had a bit of a personal attachment to the charactes, which is why I enjoyed the film a little more than others.

But thinking about it a little more the story should of wraped up differently. Like you said it was a love story and trying to rescue the chick. And since the film shows moments with those two characters before this happen and the action is recording over that, with some parts that not being recorded over. I think if that was the story the Rob and the girl reuniting after a horrific event, and add the video camera shooting it, then I think it would of made a better ending if the final part of the tape was the two's wedding. That would have given closure to the whole thing. You will know the actions of the characters meant something. But it seems they risked it all for nothing, and the girl was a whiney bitch. Using her cell phone to ask for help after she blew him off, and then again with the helicopter crash. I said "shut up, its all your fault!" That is what I did not like, it should of closed the story.

This post has been edited by Scan_Man: Jan 19 2008, 04:36 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
donkeybeatz
post Jan 19 2008, 11:54 PM
Post #15

McDonald's!

Member No.: 32

Yea man the camera work sucked more than Blair Witch Project. I walked out for a few minutes during the movie because I wasn't feeling so good. I wouldn't say it was a bad movie. Maybe if they didn't use the "home-made" video so much it would be a bit better. The monster was pretty cool and those little creatures that was falling off of it was pretty neat but overall it coulda been better.

Or maybe I was expecting too much...

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 02:28 AM