Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Sega Dreamcast 10th Anniversary
donkeybeatz
post Aug 24 2009, 11:51 PM
Post #1

McDonald's!

Group: Magister
Member No.: 32

With the anniversary of the Dreamcast coming up, we are going to have a special Dreamcast episode. A Dream"cast" perhaps? Anyway, we're going to talk about all things Dreamcast. From favorite features of the system to how much you had to work to buy one.

So what are you guy's most memorable moments during the golden years of the Dreamcast? Most favorite? Worst? Favorite game? Peripheral? Segata Sanshiro? Favorite developer? Whatever you can think of. We'll discuss everyone's posts during our special Dreamcast show next month.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Retehi
post Aug 25 2009, 04:43 PM
Post #2

Show-off

Group: Arbiter Caste
Member No.: 10

I remember walking down to the Game Crazy down the street, and buying a refurbed DC for a hundred bucks. Got Quake III Arena with it. I thought I was just buying another game console, but boy was I wrong.

We couldn't afford a computer in those days, so when I found out my DC came bundled with a web browser disc, I was pretty excited. I actually used that more than most of the games I played when I think about it. Even used it for IRC a lot of times. Had no idea how much the internet (before it's 4chan infected state) would influence me in a lot of things in years to come.

Hell, even some of my posts here from when the site was first established, have that strange margin after every sentence, like I was typing a haiku or something.

Game wise, my personal favorites were Jet Grind Radio, Alien Front Online, and Quake III (played that at school most of the time though.) And I think PSO goes without saying pretty much, you can only praise that game so much. Honorable mentions are MDK 2, Unreal Tournament (another I played at school mostly), and Illbleed (WEIRD game, and annoying controls, but it was like a Japanese B horror movie, so it had it's charm.)

So yeah, pretty innovative little machine. Who knew it'd lead to so much more for me. Too bad I don't know where the got dang thing is right now. I let a friend borrow it, and he just disappeared. <_<

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:32 PM