IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Screw you sony., PS3= no more food for you.
AC9breaker
post Sep 7 2005, 08:00 PM
Post #1

Soul Hunter

Group: Magister
Member No.: 23

BLU RAY drives for the Playstation 3 will cost Sony a small fortune. It turns out that at the release of the console in the first half of 2006, Sony will have to pay more than $100 per drive it builds in Playstation 3. This is a lot of money, because even in retail you can buy a DVD +RW drive for less than $50 now. This means that Microsoft can get it much cheaper than $50, maybe even half that price, due to the enormous quantity it needs to buy for millions of XboX 360 consoles.

theinquirer.net

I've heard rumours that the ps3 will run close to the 500 range. Also that this Blu tooth technology apperantly will fry your ps3 if some pirated game is detected so you can't use your ps3 again. I'm having a hard time believing it, and really doubt that this will happen but who knows. With gas on the rise and maybe inflation in our future, I don't see myself purchasing any of the new consoles the first year they hit.

I'm enjoying my brothers Xbox,Gamecube, and my playstation 2, and don't see myself stopping anytime soon especially with ps2 coming soon. I really think they are pushing these next-gen consoles too early. The cost of hardware need to make the next gen consoles is enough to prove that they are.

--------------------
"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

--an Excerpt from a Night Lords Novel Void Stalkers Chapter X: Revenge
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 08:24 PM