Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

why do people spazz over twin daggars?
Alisha
post Dec 9 2006, 12:09 AM
Post #1

Monk Princess

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 11

jesus thay are good but they arent THAT good.... is there something about online that makes them better that i dont know about? i much prefer twin sabers,double sabers, and twin claws for there utility. twin daggars cant knock enemies back until the 3rd combo at lvl 21+. all twin sabers hits either knock enemies up or back. double sabers trip and knock back enemies and dual claw knock enemies up with the second combo. twin daggars are also the weakest of the twin weapons. the strongest ones you can get offline kubara daggars of serafi have like 200 atp. similar ranked twin weapons of other types easily have 300.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 13)
Knightsword
post Dec 9 2006, 12:43 AM
Post #2

Mistress of Red Magic

Group: Arbiter Caste
Member No.: 53

perhaps due to twin dagger PA spamage doesn't eff up force group techs?

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Dec 9 2006, 12:50 AM
Post #3

Holding these random memories

Group: Magister
Member No.: 8

The only person I can see spazzing out is you.

What I like about the twin daggers is that you get the whole "whirlwind of death" thing going on. BECAUSE it doesn't knock the monsters back you can keep nailing them over and over. When you're online and you have actual humans watching your back, and not some meathead NPC, then you can take a hit or two if it means dealing massive damage to the enemy's weak point.

Why do you even care if "everyone" else is using twin daggers? Use double sabers and stand out from the crowd even more. I know you love going against the grain and garnering attention for doing it.

Online people use the whole gamut of weapons, I personally like and favor Spear, Sword, and Fists the most, but that doesn't mean I don't also use twin daggers, sabers, etc when the situation calls for it. Every weapon has its use, being versatile and taking advantage of all of them is hallmark of a smart player.

If the opinions of the online community in PSU are giving you this much stress, I'd recommend not reading about online mode anymore till you can actually get online and test things out for yourself.

--------------------

Steam: MrCrushin PSN : MrCrushin XBL: Mr Crushin
I'm not a playa I just crush a lot.

+Quote Post
ZioII
post Dec 9 2006, 01:08 AM
Post #4

Armor

Group: Associates
Member No.: 206

I can't fucking sell the ones i sell in my shop lol.

--------------------
World of Warcraft (Medivh Server) - Retired
Zioe - Lv 60 Human Mage (Male)
Zeia - Lv 70 Human Priest (Female)

Phantasy Star Universe - Retired:
Zio II - Caseal - Lv 76+ - Fortegunner Lv 10, Fortefighter Lv 10, Fighgunner Lv 10.

+Quote Post
Alisha
post Dec 9 2006, 01:39 AM
Post #5

Monk Princess

Member No.: 11

QUOTE(Crushinator @ Dec 9 2006, 01:50 AM) [snapback]26141[/snapback]

The only person I can see spazzing out is you.

What I like about the twin daggers is that you get the whole "whirlwind of death" thing going on. BECAUSE it doesn't knock the monsters back you can keep nailing them over and over. When you're online and you have actual humans watching your back, and not some meathead NPC, then you can take a hit or two if it means dealing massive damage to the enemy's weak point.

Why do you even care if "everyone" else is using twin daggers? Use double sabers and stand out from the crowd even more. I know you love going against the grain and garnering attention for doing it.

Online people use the whole gamut of weapons, I personally like and favor Spear, Sword, and Fists the most, but that doesn't mean I don't also use twin daggers, sabers, etc when the situation calls for it. Every weapon has its use, being versatile and taking advantage of all of them is hallmark of a smart player.

If the opinions of the online community in PSU are giving you this much stress, I'd recommend not reading about online mode anymore till you can actually get online and test things out for yourself.

damn you know me better than i know myself... i dont even do that consiously >.>

i only like knockback effects to knock leaders away from a group,or to stun big monsters. i like popup effects because it gives me an opportunity to hit with a normal combo without getting interupted,or as another stun. i think one of the reasons i dont favor daggars is because i badly want to like swords but the 2 pa's are kind of in conflict. oh and it's not stressing me out it's just when ones opinions are not alined with my own i want to understand why. despite how i may come off sometimes my intention is more often than not is curiosity.

--------------------

+Quote Post
AC9breaker
post Dec 9 2006, 01:45 AM
Post #6

Soul Hunter

Member No.: 23

I think everyone knows you better you know yourself.

You gotta remember people are crybabies. So like if I do a PA's that send opponenats flying all over the place like ping-pong balls they're gonna be all mad a and shit cause they gotta keep running to get the enemy or forces gonna be mad cause they're most likly gonna miss and gotta move to cast their slow ass powerful techs. Thats why I can't wait to get me a Grenede Launcher! :D

--------------------
"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

--an Excerpt from a Night Lords Novel Void Stalkers Chapter X: Revenge

+Quote Post
Wiryu
post Dec 9 2006, 07:32 AM
Post #7

This is my custom member title.

Member No.: 121

I was expecting blood here, and now i'm dissapointed because there is none.

+Quote Post
ZioII
post Dec 9 2006, 01:28 PM
Post #8

Armor

hehe i synthed a 7* g-launcher last night, 57% success rate but it worked :O.

--------------------

Zio II - Caseal - Lv 76+ - Fortegunner Lv 10, Fortefighter Lv 10, Fighgunner Lv 10.

+Quote Post
AC9breaker
post Dec 9 2006, 02:54 PM
Post #9

Soul Hunter

Member No.: 23

QUOTE(ZioII @ Dec 9 2006, 02:28 PM) [snapback]26153[/snapback]

hehe i synthed a 7* g-launcher last night, 57% success rate but it worked :O.

Aww man, what level is your PM? I want one of those so bad. Did you think about getting the other more expensive 8 star one?

--------------------
"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

--an Excerpt from a Night Lords Novel Void Stalkers Chapter X: Revenge

+Quote Post
ZioII
post Dec 9 2006, 03:28 PM
Post #10

Armor

well i had about 110k at the time i purchased the board so i would have had to spend all my money x_x. My pm has 90 range and 10 strike so its pretty good at synthing ranged stuff.

This post has been edited by ZioII: Dec 9 2006, 03:29 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Henge
post Dec 10 2006, 12:36 PM
Post #11

OpSec

Group: Dark Templar
Member No.: 2

If you're obsessing over the online mode discussions at PSOW or something, like crush implied, really... don't... this game isn't that complicated, do what you like and you will get along just fine.

Then again I recall many, many an argument about hucast + mechguns, so i'm not so suprised here.

Personally i like daggers because, you can cause a very large ammount of damage in a tight area of effect in very short order, the attacks are quick, and they don't take that long to recover from, like say, the longsword.

Still i have to say the spears are my favorite thus far in PSU, just because they're so much different than the old school polearm weapons, and they do massive damage.

i'd like to see the recent new weapon additions in action, but be damned if i can afford the boards, especially with a gimped PM which i happen to have, haha.

Failing Four/Five-Star boards pisses me off enough skullcross.gif

Why are you spazzing out?!
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Oddies da Nerfed
post Dec 10 2006, 11:03 PM
Post #12

Pray for Mojo.

Member No.: 165

Might I suggest this game, if you cannot handle PSU.

+Quote Post
Knightsword
post Dec 10 2006, 11:06 PM
Post #13

Mistress of Red Magic

Member No.: 53

haha what a game

+Quote Post
Retehi
post Dec 10 2006, 11:08 PM
Post #14

Show-off

Member No.: 10

QUOTE(Oddies da Nerfed @ Dec 10 2006, 09:03 PM) [snapback]26165[/snapback]

Might I suggest this game, if you cannot handle PSU.

IPB Image

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 04:51 AM