Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tony Hawk Underground, Free skate!
unitself
post Oct 30 2003, 02:27 PM
Post #1

green and square

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 49

Since Claymore's thread was about SSX, I decided to move this into it's own thread.
So, whatcha think, fellow skaters? So far, after about two hours of play, I find it pretty fun. The areas are a bit cramped though. I bet that'll fix itself after I get better though. Maybe i am just used to the larger worlds of the previous games also.
I can already tell that I am going to be in way over my head on having to remember which button combo does what. Not to mention the rarely used (for me) button for getting off of your board. On the Xbox, it's the black button.
So... thoughts?

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
drunken_chibi
post Oct 30 2003, 02:47 PM
Post #2

San d'Orian Evil

Group: Associates
Member No.: 69

haven't got it yet, actually i'm off to the store to pick it up right now.. hehe.. the soundtrack alone make the game a must buy.. i'm psyched.. although i think it'll get much less game play than ffxi for awhile.. good pre-work skate around for 15-20 minute game.

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Oct 30 2003, 03:17 PM
Post #3

Holding these random memories

Group: Magister
Member No.: 8

I saw the commercial today while I was installing FFXI...looks pretty cool, and a nice departure from the previous style of THPS games.

--------------------

Steam: MrCrushin PSN : MrCrushin XBL: Mr Crushin
I'm not a playa I just crush a lot.

+Quote Post
Bri-N
post Oct 31 2003, 01:10 AM
Post #4

Armor

Member No.: 40

I bought the game the day it came out, the game is awesome, I like the way that you have to leave your town lol. I've been playing it on normal and now I can't beat the last chapter. cry2.gif

+Quote Post
unitself
post Oct 31 2003, 09:30 AM
Post #5

green and square

I too am playing it on Normal mode. It took me like 15 tries to get enough speed to jump the bridge. Now I can't do the very first challenge. My grinding skills sux.
Being the impatient gamer that I am, I rarely read the manual before playing... like most of you I am sure. So, I never new about the various ways to raise your stats. I would just skate around and pull some trick and then BAM the screen would say Stats Increased. I just found the menu last night which told me all of the things I have to do to improve my stats. So, that's what I have been working on.
I still can't grind worth a crap though. I can pull of small ones, but five seconds... not yet.
I found that the more I play, the more I like this game. It seemed that my neighborhhod was really small at first. Then after exploring a bit last night, I found some cool areas. I even found the secret tape!

--------------------

+Quote Post
drunken_chibi
post Nov 22 2003, 09:30 AM
Post #6

San d'Orian Evil

anyone else have problems with their THUG disk? mine seems to load incorrectly at times.. i solve the problem by reinserting the disk, but what a pain in the ass. i'm thinking of sending it in for a replacement.

but when it's working, it's a great game. love the sound track, although i do turn the hip hop crap off.

+Quote Post
Afroforce
post Nov 29 2003, 09:17 AM
Post #7

DAT ASS.

Group: AT Certified
Member No.: 103

QUOTE (drunken_chibi @ Nov 22 2003, 09:30 AM)
anyone else have problems with their THUG disk? mine seems to load incorrectly at times.. i solve the problem by reinserting the disk, but what a pain in the ass. i'm thinking of sending it in for a replacement.

I did for a bit, then I found out the lens to the laser was dusty, I tend to blow in there only to have mass amounts of dust fly at me. But I'm stuck anyway, not like it matters. *kicks the police officer*

--------------------

+Quote Post
unitself
post Dec 2 2003, 05:12 PM
Post #8

green and square

yo afro... are you stuck on the - Grind around the round median for three times?
If so, I was stuck there for awhile too. I gave up and skated around town grinding on everything I could trying to build up my stats. After I got the first one (grind for 10 seconds or however long) I was able to do it. Not in one grind, mind you. But falling off every 3/4 the way round and then quickly jumping back on to grind some more.
If I am wrong about what you were refering to, then ... nevermind. beigesmile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
drunken_chibi
post Dec 2 2003, 06:14 PM
Post #9

San d'Orian Evil

i'm currently stuck in manhattan trying to learn muska's funky moonwalk grind over the telephone pole wires across the water.. hard hard hard..

+Quote Post
unitself
post Dec 2 2003, 07:23 PM
Post #10

green and square

chibi, that is exactly where I am stuck too.
I mean wtf? That wire is like 1/4 of a mile long! I can't grind that! Much less even hit the damn thing!

!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
drunken_chibi
post Dec 2 2003, 08:48 PM
Post #11

San d'Orian Evil

since the trick is optional, i think i'm gonna skip it for now and build up my stats, then when i've got better grinding and balance go back and tackle it.

+Quote Post
Afroforce
post Dec 2 2003, 10:57 PM
Post #12

DAT ASS.

QUOTE (unitself @ Dec 2 2003, 05:12 PM)
yo afro... are you stuck on the - Grind around the round median for three times?
If so, I was stuck there for awhile too. I gave up and skated around town grinding on everything I could trying to build up my stats. After I got the first one (grind for 10 seconds or however long) I was able to do it. Not in one grind, mind you. But falling off every 3/4 the way round and then quickly jumping back on to grind some more.
If I am wrong about what you were refering to, then ... nevermind. beigesmile.gif

You ROCK! That's exactly what I was stuff on...thanks for the help!

--------------------

+Quote Post
unitself
post Dec 3 2003, 10:12 AM
Post #13

green and square

Cool, glad I could help.
If you think that one is annoying, the next one is a super bitch!
I won't spoil the surprise for ya. All I can say is, "Damn KID! I'd like to grind off yo damn head!"

The hardest thing for me to remember is that you can stop, get off your board, and walk around. I have found lots of cool things just by climbing up onto signs and rooftops and crap like that.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Afroforce
post Dec 3 2003, 07:12 PM
Post #14

DAT ASS.

Man, Grinding REALLLLY sucks when you suck AT it...must...regain..balanc-AHFUCK! *falls*

--------------------

+Quote Post
drunken_chibi
post Dec 3 2003, 08:50 PM
Post #15

San d'Orian Evil

when using the analog stick for balance, fight the urge to push too hard to one side or the other, even if your character is losing balance heavily to one side. the analog controls are very sensitive. unlike previous THPS games, it's best to ease on the joystick to correct yourself. you'll notice much longer grinds and slides once you get it down. a little goes a long way.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:56 AM