Reply to this topicStart new topic
ep3 tactics.. =., observations..
DivA
post Dec 3 2003, 01:27 PM
Post #1

Deus-Ex MachinA

Group: Neophyte Caste
Member No.: 44

~ok, just to be clear on this - if i am understanding this correctly, then that means that while the ARKz use the baddies for battle ~ the heroes use weapons as their baddies...so as an ARK, my purpose would be to destory their weapons & ultimately eliminate their personal HP guage, oui? also, i notice that for moving & such - it takes away action points during one's turn; the role of the dice determines what i get, but i notice that the highest number of the role becomes the action amount one gets for their turn? i also notice that as i near victory ~ if a role shows 6, i end up with 8 for action - is that like a bonus for winning? that's slightly confusing to me.. =/

&, if a defense card has an image of a ranger dodging the line of fire, does that work with the cursed flower baddies? thus far, my flowers keep getting hit when i use that card in conjunction with them...then again, flower baddies are pretty weak, even in this game.. =.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
donkeybeatz
post Dec 3 2003, 03:19 PM
Post #2

McDonald's!

Group: Magister
Member No.: 32

QUOTE (DivA @ Dec 3 2003, 01:27 PM)
~ok, just to be clear on this - if i am understanding this correctly, then that means that while the Arks use the baddies for battle ~ the heroes use weapons as their baddies...so as an Ark, my purpose would be to destory their weapons & ultimately eliminate their personal HP guage, oui? also, i notice that for moving & such - it takes away action points during one's turn; the role of the dice determines what i get, but i notice that the highest number of the role becomes the action amount one gets for their turn? i also notice that as i near victory ~ if a role shows 6, i end up with 8 for action - is that like a bonus for winning? that's slightly confusing to me.. =/

&, if a defence card has an image of a ranger dodging the line of fire, does that work with the cursed flower baddies? thus far, my flowers keep getting hit when i use that card in conjunction with them...then again, flower baddies are pretty weak, even in this game.. =.

Oh my so many questions....
Yes you have to destroy their weapons/shields in order to hurt them.
If you do damage that is more than the HP of the weapon,
the weapon breaks AND the Hero loses 1HP [or more.. I haven't seen any more than 1HP].
[EDIT: Actually, all you had to do is break the weapon to damage the opponent]
Next question: Yes moving AND attacking takes up ATK. Choices, choices, choices. hehehe.
I do notice that the highest number gets to be the ATK. So I guess you're right there.
As for having an 8 for your ATK:
Did you ever notice that everytime you destroy a weapon/enemy you get like a +2 EX.
Well that goes towards your dice bonus. If that fills up, you get dice bonus, which adds to your dice.
So if you get 6/5, add 1 and you get 7/6. The most I ever had was 2 =T.
So yes its a bonus.
Next one: If you look closely, she is dodging a projectile.
So if someone shoots you, you dodge it. Otherwise you get hit.
That's from my observation... It works everytime someone shoots me, so I guess that what it does.

--d-_-b

--------------------

+Quote Post
DivA
post Dec 4 2003, 02:29 PM
Post #3

Deus-Ex MachinA

~got'cha.. ^^ ok, so i'm into the 9th battle & right at the beginning ~ my opponent (a RAmarl that is on borrowed time..) launches a card at me that causes an affect.. =/ it's not going away & is attached to my chosen avatar, so i'm curious as to whether or not cards exist to negate status ailments - maybe an assist card?

a description of what to look out for ~ it a card that has an image of a stone that is shaped like a pentahedron that is glowing red upon a sea of fire.. Oo there are sapphire orbs protruding from it & the pentahedron is free floating in space ~ looks menacing though; i'll see if this is a temporary enchantment, but i gots the feeling that this match is going to be a struggle.. =.

to be continued ~ i christen this card - the Orb of Woe.. ;p i'll try to forum hop to get the exact name..

+Quote Post
DivA
post Dec 6 2003, 05:24 PM
Post #4

Deus-Ex MachinA

12-06
~something of note: i am noticing that as i play one of the particular paths (heroside & darkside..). if i choose heroside, then my chances for earning creature cards is better; same with darkside ~ i get more weapons cards..

+Quote Post
DivA
post Dec 7 2003, 04:03 PM
Post #5

Deus-Ex MachinA

~question - the folks at PSO World are saying that we gots meseta in the game; also that we can purchase cards? is this true?

+Quote Post
donkeybeatz
post Dec 8 2003, 02:00 PM
Post #6

McDonald's!

QUOTE (DivA @ Dec 7 2003, 04:03 PM)
~question - the folks at PSO World are saying that we gots meseta in the game; also that we can purchase cards? is this true?

You can win meseta in tournaments.
And yes you can buy cards with them.. online.

--------------------

+Quote Post
DivA
post Dec 8 2003, 04:57 PM
Post #7

Deus-Ex MachinA

~ah *smacks head* so that's why...i must have spoken & re-spoken & re-re-spoken with every single person in both lobbies for something that relates to purchasing cards ~ doh!! -.@ online......so i take it that selling cards is also part of it then? i've been battling enough that i'm now getting many clones of cards i don't need (not to mention want..) ~ some cards are absolutely useless.. =P if the game had a selling station, then that would be cosmic.. =.

is there trading between players online as well, or is that something that is not part of the game? i would be surprised if that feature were not included.. =.

+Quote Post
donkeybeatz
post Dec 8 2003, 07:01 PM
Post #8

McDonald's!

QUOTE (DivA @ Dec 8 2003, 04:57 PM)
~ah *smacks head* so that's why...i must have spoken & re-spoken & re-re-spoken with every single person in both lobbies for something that relates to purchasing cards ~ doh!! -.@ online......so i take it that selling cards is also part of it then? i've been battling enough that i'm now getting many clones of cards i don't need (not to mention want..) ~ some cards are absolutely useless.. =P if the game had a selling station, then that would be cosmic.. =.

is there trading between players online as well, or is that something that is not part of the game? i would be surprised if that feature were not included.. =.

I don't know about selling cards but you can toss them away at the card booth thingie by the check room.
I suggest you keep those extras as they can evolve into another card [!]
Sources say that cards level up but I haven't really seen any of my cards do that.
[I might have but I wasn't paying attention... usually I just hurry up and see what new cards I have]
I had a whole bunch of canes at one point and when I received another one,
it began to glow and lo & behold, I was a proud owner of a red slicer.
You can trade but only certain cards can be traded.
S & E rank cards cannot be traded, ect., etc...

--------------------

+Quote Post
unitself
post Dec 9 2003, 10:00 AM
Post #9

green and square

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 49

ACK! You people are killing me!!! beigelaugh.gif
I remember when I first heard that PSO was going the card route and I thought wtf? Now, I can hardly stand the wait!!!

Glowing cards! Buying cards! Throwing them away! Bartles shooting Zonde! MADNESS!!!! AHHHHH!!!!!
*runs into wall and short circuits*

--------------------

+Quote Post
DivA
post Dec 9 2003, 11:24 AM
Post #10

Deus-Ex MachinA

QUOTE (DJ_Donkey @ Dec 8 2003, 07:01 PM)
Sources say that cards level up but I haven't really seen any of my cards do that.

~it looks as though they do; at heroside, i gots a standard hunter's blade card that started off with 1 pt - a basic card that i never used.. yesterday afternoon, the card gained a point ~ now worth 2...but i gots 5 of those cards in total; i wonder if the card levels because i possess them & progress through the game or i just gots a lot of them, meaning that the card levels with the amount of cards earned after matches.. =.

an idea anyways, i needs to see if my hildebear cards leveled any since i gots maybe 5 by now.. =. *walks to scu & repairs its circuits.. at-emote1.gif*

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 08:45 AM