IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Where I've been, Wondering where Oneida/Amiens has been?
Oneida
post Jun 14 2003, 03:20 AM
Post #1

Returned from the early days of AT

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 39

Hey folks, just a little note to tell ya'll where I've been.

Lately, all my free time has been taken up with playing Uplink, developed by Introversion.
It's a game where you play as a hacker for a corporation who provides hackers for hire.

I swear, it's like a lower form of crack from PSO.
Not to mention the hacking stuff really appeals to me *wink* lol

I'm trying to finish some of the storylines, as they're starting to become interesting (evil corporations, viruses, anti viruses, framing people... ah, the life of a hacker =)

Eitherway, I apologize for missing from PSO for a bit, but I'm just too entwined with Uplink right now lol

I should be back on within a week =)

--------------------
Current GC Characters:

Amiens lvl. 51 FOmar
Zefira Wolfe lvl. 8 RAmarl
Oneida lvl. 5 HUnewearl

DC Characters:

Oneida lvl. 175 FOmarl
Layla lvl. 81 HUnewearl
Falstaff lvl. 62 RAmar
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mute
post Jun 14 2003, 06:44 AM
Post #2

Sunbro

Member No.: 25

Wow that game sounds pretty groovy. What kind of scenarios are you put into in Uplink? I may just have to look into it. Anyhow, no worries, Oneida. I've been a bit busy myself and haven't been able to play as much PSO as I would like lately. Maybe it's a good thing (breaks are nice from to to time). I also found Metroid Prime for only $19.99 new, so I may just have to pick that up. If so, I may be MIA for a few days longer. beigebigrazz.gif

--------------------
PSN ID: USF_Tailgater
Xbox Live: USF Tailgater

+Quote Post
Oneida
post Jun 14 2003, 11:07 AM
Post #3

Returned from the early days of AT

Member No.: 39

QUOTE (Mute @ Jun 14 2003, 08:44 AM)
I also found Metroid Prime for only $19.99 new, so I may just have to pick that up. If so, I may be MIA for a few days longer. beigebigrazz.gif

Oh Metroid Prime is awesome. I remember the agony I had when it first came out... I couldn't play it b/c I had broken my wrist about a week earlier so I had to wait 6 weeks!!!

Needless to say as soon as I could use my wrist again I rushed out and bought the game. Great stuff. $20?! Definitely pick it up!

So far in Uplink, examples of what I've had to do are:

1. Destroy data on servers
2. Steal Data
3. Plant programs and execute them (viruses)
4. Trace Bank Transfers
5. Hacked into a Bank and stole $1.5 million from a rich guy (this wasn't a mission, I just did it to see if I could, and I pulled it off! so now I have lots o money to play with *smiles*)
6. Clear criminal records
7. Frame other people for crimes
8. Destroy someone's whole life (hacked into the Global Crime Database, added a whole bunch of crimes to his record, linked his computer to a bunch of computer crimes, emptied his bank account... kinda feel bad for the guy.... *evil look* nah =)
9. Traced other hackers

And more, all while password hacking, decyphering, bypassing proxies, firewalls, monitor programs, avoiding traces, and even calling up bank managers so that I could record their voice and analyze it so I could reproduce it for the voice recognition system in order to gain admin access to their bank =)

Pretty nifty stuff.

--------------------
Current GC Characters:

Amiens lvl. 51 FOmar
Zefira Wolfe lvl. 8 RAmarl
Oneida lvl. 5 HUnewearl

DC Characters:

Oneida lvl. 175 FOmarl
Layla lvl. 81 HUnewearl
Falstaff lvl. 62 RAmar

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:08 AM