IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Keyboard adapter update, the HFB gets a facelift!
Layrinn
post May 26 2003, 02:56 PM
Post #1

Grand Armor

Group: Associates
Member No.: 15

Well, it's been about five months since the first Happy Fun Box keyboard adapter came online... and I'm happy to bring you the first major revision to the design.

I won't bore you will all the intricate details of why this new design kicks the old one's ass. I'll just tell you what it means to you, the user.

1. The adapter now has vastly improved compatibility. It should now work with every PC PS/2 style keyboard. So far, every keyboard we've tried has worked... from the cheapest old thing we could pull off the junk heap all the way to my Logitech cordless model.

2. Support for five different regional layouts. PSO supoprts five different language settings: English, Japanese, French, German, and Spanish. My adapter now functions correctly with keyboards from those regions. Granted, this doesn't mean much for you US players... but you can make a bunch of funky symbols! =D And you can set the game's language to JP and the keyboard mode to JP and type in the funky font you see all over Pioneer II.

3. Quite possibly the coolest addition: You can record and play back keyboard macros. Use them to automate setting up team names or mag feeding. Press one button to search every card on a page.

Since there are so many adapters and stuff available on the market now, I probably won't be doing any more major distribution. But, as always, I'll build them for AT members and publish the design on my web site. Those of you who already have one of mine, don't worry I haven't forgotten about you! The good news is I'll upgrade your adapter for free. The bad news is about the only feasible way to do this is for you to send it back to me. =/ I know this kinda sucks 'cause of the down-time associated with it, so if I can come up with another way of doing it I'll let you know. In the mean time, PM me if you're interested.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd May 2024 - 02:24 AM