Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Sega Dreamcast 10th Anniversary
donkeybeatz
post Aug 24 2009, 11:51 PM
Post #1

McDonald's!

Group: Magister
Member No.: 32

With the anniversary of the Dreamcast coming up, we are going to have a special Dreamcast episode. A Dream"cast" perhaps? Anyway, we're going to talk about all things Dreamcast. From favorite features of the system to how much you had to work to buy one.

So what are you guy's most memorable moments during the golden years of the Dreamcast? Most favorite? Worst? Favorite game? Peripheral? Segata Sanshiro? Favorite developer? Whatever you can think of. We'll discuss everyone's posts during our special Dreamcast show next month.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
donkeybeatz
post Sep 7 2009, 07:28 PM
Post #2

McDonald's!

Group: Magister
Member No.: 32

As the anniversary approaches, I dig out my Dreamcast (the working one) & the SegaNet keyboard, hook them up to play some Typing of the Dead. It's pretty sad that they don't really make games like these anymore. Sure, there are some gems here and there but back then it was good to know that SEGA wasn't afraid to experiment with different things (even if it meant their ultimate demise in the hardware market).

The Dreamcast was the first console I ever bought with my very own, hard-earned money. I pre-ordered mine from Babbages (which is a GameStop now). I remember the day pretty clearly. My friend took me to the mall to go pick it up. I came out of there all smiles with a Dreamcast console, extra controller, Sonic Adventure, and a VMU. I was a huge Sonic fan back then so I was happy to see a real 3D Sonic game since they didn't have a proper Sonic game on the Saturn. Shortly after, I got Soul Calibur and honestly after that, it was just non-stop gaming.

The Dreamcast was also the first to introduce to me online gaming with Phantasy Star Online. I will probably go on forever about PSO but to make it short, it was an awesome ride and there haven't been a game that matched it in terms of gameplay. I love it so much that my Dreamcast kicked the bucket while "bursting" into a game. I immediately bought another one and switched out the GD-ROM drive.

There were a handful of other games that I really enjoyed but I guess I can save that for the show. All in all, the Dreamcast was a great system and it was sad to see SEGA abandon it in the midst of everything.

--------------------

+Quote Post
HC82
post Sep 9 2009, 08:09 AM
Post #3

Badass Billionaire Extraordanaire

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 4

Time to bust out the original PSO and see how much things really haven't changed in gaming.

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:07 AM