Reply to this topicStart new topic
Fallout 3
AC9breaker
post Jan 28 2009, 12:21 PM
Post #16

Soul Hunter

Group: Magister
Member No.: 23

Woot, Fuck yeah. Time to do this with my neutral Ninja Character.

--------------------
"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

--an Excerpt from a Night Lords Novel Void Stalkers Chapter X: Revenge
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AC9breaker
post Jan 29 2009, 09:15 PM
Post #17

Soul Hunter

So Gausss Rifle is glitched. :(

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Scoped_Gauss_Rifle#Bugs

--------------------
"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

+Quote Post
AC9breaker
post Feb 1 2009, 05:49 PM
Post #18

Soul Hunter

Triple post!

Sweet haxing tips!

When I played Oblivion, my motto always was "When in doubt, there's a glitch." The immense freedom offered in the game mechanics often allowed me to circumvent some annoying limitations and exploit some cool things. I am glad to see that I can do the same in Fallout 3, and I have found a way to keep ALL of the items that you have in the simulation. Bear in mind this is geared towards the X-Box 360, since PC users can just use the all-powerful console to obtain the armor.

First and foremost, you NEED to not have entered the simulation. This requires a bit of setup before you even enter it.

To start, you need to kill one of the outcasts (preferably one of the unnamed ones). If you don't want everyone to attack you, then use the Mesmetron and hope that it causes one of them to go berserk. You can then kill them with no consquence whatsoever.

Next, activate the simulation pod to open it. DO NOT get into the pod. Using the grab button, move the corpse up onto the chair. You want it positioned so that, when you sit down, you will be looking right at the body and can access it as a container while looking at it. This may take a few tries to get right; sitting on top of it won't cause it to move, but the pod closing as the simulation starts may shift it around. So move the body, save, and then sit in the pod to see the results. If it moves too far away, then you need to reload until you get it positioned right. Please note that once you get in the simulation pod, you go into "cutscene mode", so your cursor will disappear and you won't be able to tell if it could be selected from your current viewpoint. If it's right in front of where the cursor should be, then it likely will be fine.

From there, play through the Operation: Anchorage simulation like normal. Collect as many items that you want to bring into the real world as you can. Many of the items are unique, retextured versions of old weapons, with VERY high health (so that they won't break for a very, very, long time). If you want a second suit of the winterized combat armor, kill the quartermaster after you've obtained your weapons from him (you can also obtain a second set of weapons by selecting a different weapon form, dropping all of your current weapons, and then talking to him to "trade"). Unlike the other bodies, he does not disappear once killed (although Sergeant Montgomery may attack you if he sees it - happened to me once). I don't know if it is possible to loot Chinese Uniforms (maybe by reverse pick-pocketing an enemy unawares, but the only thing to do that with is the Combat Armor, which was the whole point of coming up with this glitch).

Once you get to the end of the simulation, you will see a load screen before you reenter the real world. As it turns out, the inventory you have in the simulation is NOT removed until after you are back in the real world, and a few seconds AFTER you regain control of your character's functions. As soon as the black loading screen appears, start tapping A rapidly. Once the map loads and your vision goes white, if you push it fast enough, you will select the Brotherhood Outcast's corpse you left earlier, and activate it. From there, dump EVERYTHING from your inventory into the Outcast's corpse. Once you've done so, exit the inventory. The game will then remove whatever's left (if anything), and add your previous inventory back to your character. Once you exit the chair, loot the body of all of the items you just stored on it.

Congratulations; you now have several nigh indestructible toys to waltz around the Capital Wasteland with.

I can't guarantee that this will work properly for everyone the first time they try. I was lucky and only had to do this once. The body may glitch and move right when you reenter the real world, it may not be positioned right the first time, you may not be fast enough with the A button... Just be sure to keep a save BEFORE the simulation in case you screw up. I can guarantee that this HAS WORKED for me at least, and I am the proud owner of 2 gauss rifles, 2 sets of the winterized combat armor, and a bunch of pristine pre-war weapons that degrade VERY SLOWLY.

I hope this has been helpful, and that I explained it thoroughly enough.

You can also use Gary 23 instead

--------------------

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Feb 1 2009, 06:51 PM
Post #19

Holding these random memories

Member No.: 8

Thats an awesome trick, ALSO another crushinator fallout 3 shame admission:

Just like how i didn't even know you had a flashlight till after i had beaten the entire game...

Until reading this i didn't know you could "grab" shit and pick it up. I was like "wtf you mean grab" and then i went to the control scheme options menu... and lo and behold, click the RS to grab shit beigelaugh.gif . I can't believe i've played this game for almost 100 hours and never knew that.

--------------------

Steam: MrCrushin PSN : MrCrushin XBL: Mr Crushin
I'm not a playa I just crush a lot.

+Quote Post
tanshin
post Feb 2 2009, 07:40 AM
Post #20

Drunken Ninja Master Thug

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 80

QUOTE(Crush the Blunderer)
Thats an awesome trick, ALSO another crushinator fallout 3 shame admission:

Just like how i didn't even know you had a flashlight till after i had beaten the entire game...

Until reading this i didn't know you could "grab" shit and pick it up. I was like "wtf you mean grab" and then i went to the control scheme options menu... and lo and behold, click the RS to grab shit beigelaugh.gif . I can't believe i've played this game for almost 100 hours and never knew that.

WTFFFF M8!!!! This, coming from a guy who rocked both Oblivion AND Morrowind!? Hahaha. Wheew, priceless.

--------------------

dueling, remade for modern audiences

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Feb 2 2009, 07:31 PM
Post #21

Yeah, when i started the game I was like "wtf why can't you pick shit up like in oblivion? oh well i guess they cut that feature out." beigelaugh.gif beigelaugh.gif beigelaugh.gif . I feel so retarded, haha.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Feb 20 2009, 09:03 AM
Post #22

Welcome to the Pitt.

Description: The Pitt allows you to travel to the post-apocalyptic remains of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and become embroiled in a conflict between slaves and their Raider masters. Explore a sprawling settlement ravaged by time, neglect, nuclear radiation, and moral degradation. The Pitt is filled with morally grey choices, shady NPCs, new enemies, new weapons, and much more.

Story:
The Pitt opens with a desperate radio message, and a meeting with its sender, an escaped slave named Wernher. Wernher claims that the leader of “The Pitt” has created a cure for mutations… and he needs you to go in and retrieve it. From there, the player can proceed in a number of ways, in true Fallout 3 style. Do you fight your way in, or disguise yourself as a slave? Ally with the slaves, or join their Raider overlords? The Pitt is very morally ambiguous – there’s no real right or wrong, just choices to be made, sides to be chosen, and a mystery that could send shockwaves throughout the entire Wasteland.

Key Features:
  • Explore an entire new area – the post-apocalyptic ruins of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, known as The Pitt!
  • Find and use new weaponry, such as the AutoAxe, a new melee weapon with a powerful, serrated rotary blade hungry for flesh.
  • Discover new side quests and subtle plot elements and determine your path in this place where nothing is “right” or “wrong.”
  • Exclusive new perks and achievements!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Retehi
post Feb 20 2009, 10:02 PM
Post #23

Show-off

Group: Arbiter Caste
Member No.: 10

I'm a little late to the party I guess, but I just got ahold of the game a while ago, and been playing it to death for the past few days.

Holy hell I never had so much fun, haha. I'm gonna check out the DLC after I finish up what I can quest wise.

--------------------

+Quote Post
AC9breaker
post Feb 21 2009, 10:30 AM
Post #24

Soul Hunter

Jawesome! Welcome to Next gen gaming Retehi. I'm glad I made a Melee, oriented char now. That Buzzsaw axe looks like its gonna be killtacular.

What kind of character you playing Retehi?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Retehi
post Feb 21 2009, 07:11 PM
Post #25

Show-off

I made myself a good protector-of-the people vigilante character. Being my first character, I sorta had no plans for his stats, so I'm a bit all over the place, other than making sure he was efficient with all handgun/rifle type weapons. Also, he looks awesome:

I dunno if there's a way to get rid of all that HUD bs, probably a key I should just press huh?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Feb 21 2009, 07:14 PM
Post #26

I know you can slide the opacity on the HUD to make it less intrusive, and i'm sure there's PC mods to remove it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Mar 5 2009, 03:58 PM
Post #27

More Pitt screens:

--------------------

+Quote Post
AC9breaker
post Mar 5 2009, 11:23 PM
Post #28

Soul Hunter

"What the FUCK are those!"
Upgraded Ghouls?

Steel armor is pretty cool but inferior in terms of most other armor, especially Power Armor. Wonder if they'll be making some Rare ones.
That thing in the middle looks like one of those tree doods from lord of the ring. Looking good!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Mar 6 2009, 03:04 AM
Post #29

That monster is actually a "Trog", basically hillbillies that survived the bombs by hiding in caves. They mutated and are now feral and afraid of the light, and hunt in packs supposedly.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Retehi
post Mar 11 2009, 11:24 PM
Post #30

Show-off

I guess my game didn't like the modified mini-nuke mod I installed:

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:55 AM