IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Starcraft 2, (Relatively) Open beta access!
Crushinator
post Aug 19 2010, 02:11 AM
Post #46

Holding these random memories

Group: Magister
Member No.: 8

Posting this replay from one of my and Donkey's games last night for some pro-tip critique.

Yeeeeeeaaaaaah

--------------------

Steam: MrCrushin PSN : MrCrushin XBL: Mr Crushin
I'm not a playa I just crush a lot.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Oddies da Nerfed
post Aug 19 2010, 08:54 AM
Post #47

Pray for Mojo.

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 165

Crush, good start build order. Though having a terran to wall you off, going fast core and pumping stalkers may have been a good choice rather than early forge.
DB: could have sent initial scv that built wall a lil earlier, otherwise still good there. Quick factory is good. Queuing units at rax is bad. You had enough minerals tied up for a second barracks for over a minute.

No scouting did leave you vulnerable. Quick tech to tanks and banshee would have hurt you bad.

Crush, you would chronoboost your nexus, a probe would finish and youd forget to start another one wasting several seconds of boost. Good cannon placement at the ledge.
DB: let energy build up a bit too much on orbital. Burn that asap on mules unless you absolutely need a scan. They are worth approx 300 minerals each full duration.

Use of tower on route good. I would have put a marine or zealot at second tower just to see whats coming. SCV/Probe good as well, specialy for proxy pylon and warpgate. zealot surround and range support hitting teal was perfect.
Warpgate wasnt researched right off the bat and it needs to be. Chrono it at least twice.

Expanding when you killed teal would have been perfect.

Money built up during your push. Do not forget to macro (hotkey them barracks and such).

All in all some solid improvement from both of you. Obviously still room for more, but that is true of us all!

Idle factory = sad panda.

Quick +1 for zealot good.

Heavy zealot with charge + donkey MMM ball would have been devastating.

Too many sentries imo, specially without FF usage. Overlapping shields does not help only 1 counts, so careful wasting energy.

Second push that hit their base4 hard, should have gone toward worker line quicker. Take out terrans tech labs etc. they have some of the lowest hp and ruins terran hard.

No warp gate = sad, very sad.

Close to full sat on both mains is good. another 6 workers or so been solid. Natural was only half saturated. =(

Worker production slumped a bit when you attacked, macro macro!

Forgetting to build depots etc while attacking hurt as well.

No upgrades for Donkey = sad panda. Not only dmg etc, but if using MMM stim is a must, shield is great and concussive shells is a must as well.

Great blink to keep up with the flying CC.

Seriously, no warpgate = bad. =p

End of game orbital was 200/200 energy =( Nexus was 89/100 =/

Donkey had a good number of production facilities for one base. Crush you could have added on another 3-4 gateways upon taking expansion. Had enough money at game end to build 4 gateways and 26 zealots.

+Quote Post
Oddies da Nerfed
post Aug 20 2010, 10:56 AM
Post #48

Pray for Mojo.

Forum based guides, good infos!

Terran: not one yet =(
Protoss: Guide
Zerg: Guide

+Quote Post
Naba
post Aug 22 2010, 08:41 PM
Post #49

Frame

Group: AT Certified
Member No.: 239

Woah, hey I posted something. This loss is so embarrassing I'm passing it on to as many people as possible so I never do this shit again... I had this win in the bag and I noobed it the fuck to hell. I'm sure oddies can give me a few PROTIPS too.

a little back story, I had been playing with this guy for 3-4 previous matches and he was learning "S" so we decided I would go air and he would go ground. This was the result. (before this match it wasn't even a thang, we were steamrolling everyone even though he is slow as hell and I'm not much faster.)

=( <--- replay here.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Oddies da Nerfed
post Aug 23 2010, 09:34 AM
Post #50

Pray for Mojo.

Honestly this game more or less shows why voids need a nerf stick again.

Didn't expand.

No scouting, specially early at rocks to ensure nothing was coming.

No map control.

Too few unit structures.

No warp gate or no extra gateways to help in case you need to defend in a hurry. (stalkers do bonus dmg vs voids)

Didn't run probes away during initial rush, never properly re-saturated bases. Not even enough probes at the 25 min mark to saturate a single base.

25 min mark when you began your push, enemies had same number of voids as you (13) while also having a far larger ground force (11 DT to your 0, 7 stalkers to your 0, 13 lots to your 2, 5 immortals to your 1, while you had 9 colossi which would have probably all died just to their immortals). They also had about 60 more workers than you combined.

No speed boost for voids. No shield upgrades.

Ignored enemy army and went for base trade, while the enemy had a far superior force, specially in regards to destroying structures.

Ally at 25 min mark had enough resources + costs of the current colossi to have built approx 35 stalkers. 35 blink stalkers could damn near destroy both enemy armies. While the 11 colossi or so would have died horribly taking out maybe the zealots and some stalkers.

While you claim you had the win the in bag, I beg to differ. Force size and composition you were inferior. Purple had tech swapped to voids but supply capd, another 5 min you would have had less voids than enemies combined while still having almost no ground force compared to theirs. Economic wise just one of the enemy crush both of you combined at end game. All they had to do was send their ground forces split between your bases and use their air force to tie up yours till they produced more reinforcements and they would have won in a far more major way.

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Aug 25 2010, 01:13 AM
Post #51

More replay fun, a 2v2 with Crushinator (S), Kazicht (N) vs Naba (S), Tanshin (G).

I got scared and thought Naba was going to rush to mothership to back up his void rays! Luckily that didn't happen, because it took me forever to get observers, like an idiot.

Kaz, you gotta get those medivacs up faster if you're gonna do a marine/marauder attack! Then stimpack those bitches.

Download Here

--------------------

+Quote Post
Oddies da Nerfed
post Aug 25 2010, 08:02 AM
Post #52

Pray for Mojo.

Naba: They did have a superior force prior to the base trade. Deciding factor was that they were dumb and moved their entire army to your bases and split it between the two. Had they moved the mom, voids, stalkers and sentries to engage your voids in their base they would have probably won that fight. Their lots, DT and immortals could have trashed your base up in the process.

The entire game hinged on being quicker at base trade (which they were), or destroying your air force (had they not been dumb, they could have). The colossi cannot do anything against air, and do sub-par damage to structures. They could have been killed by a single phoenix, albeit slowly. They threw away any advantage they had when they spread their forces out and ignored your army.

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Aug 28 2010, 12:42 AM
Post #53

More replays! First up is a Naba vs Crush match, wherein naba somehow has a superior army but loses anyways.

Naba v Crush Practice

Then three 3v3 matches where we learn some hard lessons. 2 losses and one win.
3v3 01
3v3 02
3v3 03

Any BRO-tips appreciated. I know i fucked up HARD on that 3rd one by not building detectors. If i have cloaked units, they can have cloaked units. I thought I was unstoppable.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Aug 30 2010, 10:31 PM
Post #54

My first placement match, lulz ensue.

YEEEEEH

--------------------

+Quote Post
Oddies da Nerfed
post Sep 1 2010, 07:43 AM
Post #55

Pray for Mojo.

Mrcrushin vs myself. PvZ replay

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Sep 1 2010, 10:30 PM
Post #56

Fuckin davey crockett of space.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Naba
post Sep 1 2010, 10:51 PM
Post #57

Frame

Group: AT Certified
Member No.: 239

It was a really hard battle.... almost epic... but after putting up the longest fight, and mining out every min and gas, I squeaked out victorious.

edit: great I landed in platinum 1v1 :( I blame this match here.

--------------------

+Quote Post
donkeybeatz
post Sep 2 2010, 09:19 PM
Post #58

McDonald's!

Member No.: 32

Harassin'
I could've did way better but I was too busy harassing the other dudes lol. And it also helped that they didn't do anything when I was all up in their base.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Sep 3 2010, 12:27 AM
Post #59

Amazing 3v3 we just did. Kaz, Donk, and myself. Match starts off with a good harass that turns into a base wipe agains the zerg player, but then the other 2 terran players assault kaz with reapers almost elminating him. The battle drags on and on, and it looks like all is lost, but with master teamwork and micro we fucking BEAST the dudes into rage quitting.

AT LEADS THE FUCKIN WAY

--------------------

+Quote Post
Oddies da Nerfed
post Sep 3 2010, 11:13 PM
Post #60

Pray for Mojo.

AT 5 player ffa, long 1h.

AT 3v3

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd May 2024 - 10:09 PM