Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Jul 11 2009, 09:57 PM
Post #17

Holding these random memories

Group: Magister
Member No.: 8

I don't know what the fuck an Anplum Umbra is, but Dark Falz was the shit.

Maybe some later PSO/U bosses were more complicated and harder, but Falz was just shocking and amazing when you first fought him.

How many of us can remember the first time we scraped our way through all 3 zones of Ruins online, TP'd before the boss gate to stock up on supplies.

"OK guys, man up, this is it. We can do it!"

"~~~~Ole!
> Everybody"

"Don't steal my CALIBUR+7 if I get killed, OK?"

Then you warp into the gate, and everybody BAM dies right away from those buzzsaw things! You could NEVER be prepared for that.

"What the F UCK just happened?"
"Did you bring any scapes?"
"Shiiiiiit"
"I hate NIS Countries
> Crushinator"

Nothing beats that experience.

--------------------

Steam: MrCrushin PSN : MrCrushin XBL: Mr Crushin
I'm not a playa I just crush a lot.

+Quote Post
AC9breaker
post Jul 11 2009, 11:33 PM
Post #18

Soul Hunter

Member No.: 23

Don't forget to add to the part where he totally has 3 forms on hard + difficulty. You're totally blindsided by that after you take him on normal and play on hard the first time and he wtf steals your soul and you end up killing yourself.

Anplum Umbra I believe is the last boss from Episode 4. On the metor crater thing. He's pretty huge and you can ride him I believe in part of the fight. Still, I agree with Crush. Falz is the OG.

--------------------
"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

--an Excerpt from a Night Lords Novel Void Stalkers Chapter X: Revenge

+Quote Post
donkeybeatz
post Jul 12 2009, 11:31 AM
Post #19

McDonald's!

Member No.: 32

QUOTE(AC9breaker @ Jul 12 2009, 12:33 AM) *
Don't forget to add to the part where he totally has 3 forms on hard + difficulty. You're totally blindsided by that after you take him on normal and play on hard the first time and he wtf steals your soul and you end up killing yourself.

Anplum Umbra I believe is the last boss from Episode 4. On the metor crater thing. He's pretty huge and you can ride him I believe in part of the fight. Still, I agree with Crush. Falz is the OG.

Amplam Umbra ("The Germ") is the very last boss of Episode III after you fight Pollux/Castor.
I don't think this is a very epic fight as its just a towering creature thing that doesn't really do anything interesting other than cast meteor from time to time. I find fighting the Leucon Knight and the twins way more intense.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Oddies da Nerfed
post Jul 14 2009, 09:33 AM
Post #20

Pray for Mojo.

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 165

+Quote Post
Alisha
post Jul 15 2009, 06:27 PM
Post #21

Monk Princess

Member No.: 11

DF didn't become epic to me until much later on. like when your hp gets to the point that you begin to fear his rafoies and rabarta's. olga and gal gryphon however were always epic.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Jul 16 2009, 06:08 AM
Post #22

I guess we can't all be stat tracking PSO masters, so scrubby bosses such as Dark Falz will still amaze us riff raff.

Regarding the Cyberdemon: remember how right before each boss in Doom/Doom 2 they'd OVERLOAD you with powerups and weapons and shit?

Whenever you saw a huge bonanza of items like that, you KNEW you were in for an ass pounding.

--------------------

+Quote Post
HC82
post Jul 16 2009, 08:40 AM
Post #23

Badass Billionaire Extraordanaire

Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Alisha @ Jul 15 2009, 06:27 PM) *
DF didn't become epic to me until much later on. like when your hp gets to the point that you begin to fear his rafoies and rabarta's. olga and gal gryphon however were always epic.

Gal Gryphon was pretty fucking epic in Episode 2 Challenge Mode, only because we couldn't equip useful guns. Otherwise, he's a fucking pansy

+Quote Post
Oddies da Nerfed
post Jul 16 2009, 09:48 AM
Post #24

Pray for Mojo.

Member No.: 165

Could argue on game types for these, but fuck it.

+Quote Post
AC9breaker
post Jul 16 2009, 12:53 PM
Post #25

Soul Hunter

Member No.: 23

To keep the conversation going I always found the mid-boss in this video start at 2:03 to be a bitch! Harder then final boss of the game. He was such a cool looking boss too and destroying him felt sooo satisfying.

--------------------
"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

--an Excerpt from a Night Lords Novel Void Stalkers Chapter X: Revenge

+Quote Post
Wiryu
post Jul 16 2009, 01:35 PM
Post #26

This is my custom member title.

Member No.: 121

That was a mid-boss? wtf man, that dude was crazy!

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Jul 16 2009, 03:22 PM
Post #27

Haha, yeah that "Gorilla" boss was rough. I think its a combination of his unpredictable patterns, and the fact that the boss keeps shifting depth, so unless you're experienced fighting him you don't know if you can safely fly under his legs or past his arm, etc.

And Diablo has kinda the same thing going that Dark Falz does; the first time you fight him, you think you're ready, then RAPERAPERAPE. Although at least with Diablo you could teleport back to town and keep nipping at him till he eventually died.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alisha
post Jul 17 2009, 05:59 PM
Post #28

Monk Princess

Member No.: 11

QUOTE(HC82 @ Jul 16 2009, 10:40 AM) *
QUOTE(Alisha @ Jul 15 2009, 06:27 PM) *

Gal Gryphon was pretty fucking epic in Episode 2 Challenge Mode, only because we couldn't equip useful guns. Otherwise, he's a fucking pansy

i never did get to finish ep2 c-mode i did the last one with ac9 and donk but we wiped at olga =/ i also remember getting a freaky time glitch on one of the first ep2 c-modes.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mecca
post Jul 23 2009, 09:06 PM
Post #29

Frame

Group: Associates
Member No.: 3794

MILTANK from Pokemon Crystal. Absolutely Impossible unless you know its coming and have been told what to do. Warnings don't help, just ask Vitamin D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjckU7_MdU8

+Quote Post
Vitamin D
post Jul 24 2009, 11:36 AM
Post #30

IS MAHVEL BAYBEE!

Group: Arbiter Caste
Member No.: 35

Hahaha too true. Miltank was and always will be a beast. Like Mecca said, even if you know it's coming it won't save you.

My brother and I had Japanese versions of Pokemon Gold and Silver back in the day. We used to have this gaming store that had imports for pretty cheap. Anyway, we chalked getting annihilated by Miltank up to the game being in Japanese. So when the US version came out we were like "ok, Miltank, fu!" Yeah STILL owned. I'll even go as far as to say that if there's some kid out there who claims they beat Whitney on their first try, THEY'S A DAMN LIE!

Want proof? Even Ash Mf'in Ketchum lost to Miltank! I actually HOPE I lose to Miltank again when Heart Gold and Soul Silver come out haha.

--------------------
<center>
"You Need The D? Then You Need Me!"

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 09:40 PM