Reply to this topicStart new topic
TV back from shop, 7 long weeks
unitself
post Aug 22 2003, 10:26 AM
Post #1

green and square

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 49

I'm not sure if I mentioned this to anyone here, but in case I didn't let me tell you all a little story. Gather 'round everyone.
Hot cocoa?
Good.

About 7 weeks ago, my TV broke. It wouldn't turn on. It would just make this clicking sound and then, nothing. So, I looked online and found an authorized Sony TV fix-it place that was right around the corner. Literally. Horrah! I thought. So, I drive it over and the guy says that repairs usually take about 5-7 days. Cool, I think to myself, knowing that it would most likely be more like two weeks but I am cool with that. Three weeks go by and still no phone call. I call up and the guy says that they are still waiting for a part. Hrm... ok. So, another week goes by and still nothing. Damn! So, I call back the guy says that something must be wrong and now he is going to order the part from a different place that he knows has it in stock. (4 weeks now) So, another two weeks go by and we get a call. This time the part came but it's missing it's connectors and we must wait another week. (6 weeks now). This morning, one week later, we finally get a phone call that says it's ready. That's seven weeks without a regular sized TV. Luckily for us I am a huge pack rat and never throw anything away. I had an old Amiga monitor that had all sorts of connectors in the back. I could hook it up to my old VCR and watch TV thru that with an antenna. We don't have cable so we watch regular TV anyways.
I really don't understand what the problem was here. It's a sony TV, not some wierd no-name brand. Things break, I understand that. I just assumed that major brand parts would be more readily available than that.

Thank you for listening. I can't wait to get back into video game playing again. I had to put everything off except the games that I knew backwards and forwards (PSO, for example) because I could barely see the small screen on the monitor. Did I mention the monitor was about 12"? No, it is. Our regular TV is 25". Huge difference. Now, I can get back to RE and rally driving and pick up KOTOR.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Icaras
post Aug 22 2003, 12:07 PM
Post #2

crazy in the coconut

Group: Neophyte Caste
Member No.: 16

There ARE new parts readily available.

They're inside a NEW TV.

problem solved. 1 hour.
I beat your time by about six weeks, six days, 23 hours. (roughly)

+Quote Post
unitself
post Aug 22 2003, 12:12 PM
Post #3

green and square

you = ass

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mute
post Aug 22 2003, 06:31 PM
Post #4

Sunbro

Member No.: 25

Well it's good to hear you get your TV back scu. I haven't seen you on PSO since I got back, but hopefully we'll be able to catch up sometime soon.

--------------------
PSN ID: USF_Tailgater
Xbox Live: USF Tailgater

+Quote Post
DivA
post Aug 25 2003, 07:10 AM
Post #5

Deus-Ex MachinA

Member No.: 44

QUOTE (Icaras @ Aug 22 2003, 01:07 PM)
There ARE new parts readily available.

They're inside a NEW TV.

problem solved.  1 hour.  
I beat your time by about six weeks, six days, 23 hours. (roughly)

lol beigelaugh.gif

he may have a point, SCU.. ;) in this day & age, it's far more economical to purchase new & improved than worrying about old & busted.. ^.-

+Quote Post
unitself
post Aug 25 2003, 09:33 AM
Post #6

green and square

Yeah... old and busted was less than three years old. That just sucks. I bet each and everyone of our grandparents still have their TV from like the 60's. Sure, it's a big as a car, but it turns on every time and it still looks great.
On another Sony update... our DVD player also decided to die over the weekend. Yes sir, another fine Sony product. It too was about 2 years old.
Sony can kiss my ass. Never again will I buy another one of their products.

--------------------

+Quote Post
DivA
post Aug 25 2003, 12:33 PM
Post #7

Deus-Ex MachinA

Member No.: 44

awww ~ that's unfortunate.. =/ though i wonder, is it the company's fault or is it because high standards are not met in many products of the present day? you're right ~ Made in USoA used to mean something once - quality...like the cars of yester-year, automobiles back then could be driven through a building & one could walk away unscathed.. ;p nowadays, a product sold at the USoA could have parts made at China, assembled at Jamaica from materials imported at Russia.. O.o

faster & cheaper ~ but the lasting part is lessened; though to make up for that, there is quantity...if it breaks, then buy another.. -.- if i had a choice, then it would be the former ~ i likes things that last.. =}

+Quote Post
AC9breaker
post Aug 25 2003, 02:35 PM
Post #8

Soul Hunter

Group: Magister
Member No.: 23

QUOTE (unitself @ Aug 25 2003, 10:33 AM)
Yeah... old and busted was less than three years old. That just sucks. I bet each and everyone of our grandparents still have their TV from like the 60's. Sure, it's a big as a car, but it turns on every time and it still looks great.
On another Sony update... our DVD player also decided to die over the weekend. Yes sir, another fine Sony product. It too was about 2 years old.
Sony can kiss my ass. Never again will I buy another one of their products.

Its a goddam conspiracy I tell you! They make shotty product because they want us to spend more! Take my SONY PS2 for example. I got it when it was first released. 8 months later it tells me to fuck off it aint reading my disks anymore. Im like whaaaa!!?? But i showed that dam ps2. Once I pulled my screwsdriver hammer and other goodies, It learned to show me more respect. If I where you SCU. I would have made that TV learn respect the hard way crash.gif

beigelaugh.gif

--------------------
"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

--an Excerpt from a Night Lords Novel Void Stalkers Chapter X: Revenge

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:27 AM