A moment of silence..., The terrorist have won. :(
AC9breaker
post Mar 12 2007, 12:54 PM
Post #1

Soul Hunter

Group: Magister
Member No.: 23

--------------------
"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

--an Excerpt from a Night Lords Novel Void Stalkers Chapter X: Revenge
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Scan_Man
post Mar 12 2007, 03:01 PM
Post #2

Grand Armor

Group: AT Certified
Member No.: 71

I could of sworn they already killed him off back in the mid 90s. Kinda to gain some money off the whole Death of Superman popularity.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Knightsword
post Mar 12 2007, 04:27 PM
Post #3

Mistress of Red Magic

Group: Arbiter Caste
Member No.: 53

At least he wasn't turned into the new female Ultron like Iron Man was

+Quote Post
Wiryu
post Mar 12 2007, 04:37 PM
Post #4

This is my custom member title.

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 121

Brad delp from the band boston died too. fo shame.

+Quote Post
AC9breaker
post Mar 12 2007, 06:28 PM
Post #5

Soul Hunter

QUOTE(Scan_Man @ Mar 12 2007, 05:01 PM) [snapback]26643[/snapback]

I could of sworn they already killed him off back in the mid 90s. Kinda to gain some money off the whole Death of Superman popularity.

Obviously you haven't been reading The Ultimates. Since this guy owns so hard they needed something to take away from the awesemness of Capt. Needless to say He was pretty fucking OG there.

NEVER FORGET!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rq2_YKQGE_U

--------------------
"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

+Quote Post
Scan_Man
post Mar 13 2007, 01:59 AM
Post #6

Grand Armor

Group: AT Certified
Member No.: 71

I don't consider the Ultimate versions to even exsist. I never liked the idea of revamping years and years of lore and making, what I consider silly changes for the sake of modernization, or to be hip. Take for example Nick Fury being black. I understand the plausibility factor for changes some things since science has come a long way in the past 50 years.

Does anyone even read comics books anymore?

--------------------

+Quote Post
AC9breaker
post Mar 13 2007, 05:53 AM
Post #7

Soul Hunter

I think you should try it before you knock it. By saying that then you should hate all the comic movies that have been made and will be made. They all deviate from the lore and history from the comics in one way or another but that doesn't mean they're bad. Just look at the Spider-Man animated TV-Series compared to the comics. Particularly the introduction of Venom. The comics introduce him during the secret wars while the animated series introduces venom through that space rock they found and, last I heard the Spider-Man 3 movie was going to introduce venom as a experimental cure for cancer or something like that, very similar to the Ultimate version of Spider-Man. Despite the change in its explaination I'm sure the movie is going to be awesome just like the animated series was awesome. Its like PSO and now we have PSU. As much as I loved PSO I wouldn't want to play PSU again after playing it for 5 years.

The comic book industry was dying a slow death but thanks to all the "modernizations" they experience a surge. Look at the awesome Civil War mini-series we have going or If you're still skeptical about these "new, cool, young, and hip" ideas being incorporated in the comics I only have one thing to say to you. Marvel Zombies.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Henge
post Mar 13 2007, 02:57 PM
Post #8

OpSec

Group: Dark Templar
Member No.: 2

MY favorite era in the Capt. America timeline was the early years, circa wWWII, When the Capt. was fighting evil fascist Nazi's and The Red Skull Granted it had alot of political backdrops, and could even be concidered anti-axis propaganda, but hey, it was damn cool, and relevant to actual world-events of the era. And fighting nazi's is always a good thing.

R.I.P., Real American Hero.

I stopped reading comics sometime in the late 90's, so i am completely at a loss for anything to say about the whole "ultimate" revisions to the lore of the marvel universe.

+Quote Post
Knightsword
post Mar 13 2007, 07:49 PM
Post #9

Mistress of Red Magic

Group: Arbiter Caste
Member No.: 53

Civil War was a sad joke, most of the tie-ins made no sense or out right wrong info, the main series was months late (the whole thing was suppose to be done last Sept.) and all it did was piss off comic fans again after the last 2 marvel epics which also sucked badly

+Quote Post
AC9breaker
post Mar 15 2007, 03:37 AM
Post #10

Soul Hunter

I thought they where pretty badass and fun to read. Guess it's becuase I'm still young. ewj1hy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:19 PM