IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

heroes & villians.., who(m) inspires you?
DivA
post Sep 2 2005, 09:20 AM
Post #1

Deus-Ex MachinA

Group: Neophyte Caste
Member No.: 44

ok, a thought came to mind ~ only to be a topic, here & now.. ;} the subject of heroes & villians, those archetypes of legendary nature that serve as inspiration for us to carry on with daily life...they can be found in literature, film, music, animations, history, comics & even video games ~ we cross paths with them, & while most are experienced & brushed aside, there are others that send shimmers into our minds & hearts, for their ways of being, their modes of thinking ~ their very essence creates a spark...& after seeing them in action, we think & reflect on just how amazing they are ~ perhaps to a point of collecting all insight as to who they are all about, or perhaps to the point of worshipping (& yes, even such fans exist..). so this topic of the moment is this ~ who(m) are you inspired by & why? remember that the skies the limit here & if there's more than one, curious minds wish to know.. mmm, for myself ~ i'm drawn to the following archetypes..
    Aeon Flux ~ to this day, Aeon is an inspiration to me ~ perhaps because she represents a part of me that would like to be in a similar profession that she's in, especially in the world that she's a part of; so in respect, i'm a big fan of her style & personality, not to mention the series ~ she takes nothing from no one, in a professional manner, of course..

Ayame (Tenchu) ~ a recent addition, but one worthy of note ~ anyone who is familiar with Tenchu (Fatal Shadows) will know what i speak of...along the same lines as Aeon i suppose, but far more stealthy...it is the spirit of the warrior that attracts me to this one, a spirit that is so hidden in this day & age......now whether or not that's a good thing remains to be determined..

Etna (Disgaea) ~ she's bubbly in the twisted sense, just don't get on her bad side! but i really like her style of dress; i'll wager none here knew that about me, yes? ;p

I-no (Guilty Gear) ~ i'm a fan for the series, & I-no is my favorite character to use when playing; her style is unique, & i really like how she incorporates the power of sound into her combos; not to mention the hat that has a persona all on its own.. & as you can guess, she is my avatar to the left <<<

one last note..
villians are also valid in this thread ~ is that possible? ;}
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
DivA
post Sep 2 2005, 11:37 PM
Post #2

Deus-Ex MachinA

Group: Neophyte Caste
Member No.: 44

QUOTE (HC82 @ Sep 2 2005, 08:37 PM)
Not to sound cliche, but there is a hero within us all. That is the hero I'm drawn to; the one within us all.

HC82 ~ mmm, but is it the hero within us ~ or the hero that lies dormant within us...keep in mind that we live in an age of dormancy, where we don't have to struggle to push ourselves beyond the norm ~ only a select few; & while it's noble to think that a hero (or villian..) is within each of us, when will we get the opportunity to develop that aspect of ourselves when all we are exposed to is a maze of concrete, currency, conformity & luxury? a play on words? perhaps, but consider this ~ where are the inspirations for this day & age?

within our dreams, our imagination...for anything beyond that? that is a trial to even take the first steps.. btw, whether fictional or not ~ all are valid here ~ even the firemen..

AC9breaker ~ good point about the role of villians.. ;}
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:50 AM