Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Battlefield 1943, XBLA/PSN
Crushinator
post Jul 9 2009, 05:08 PM
Post #1

Holding these random memories

Group: Magister
Member No.: 8

I played the hell out of the demo last night on XBLA, this game is just awesome. Whats a shame is its SO awesome the servers are taking a pounding from everyone playing (and trying to play). Its basically the a full Battlefield gameplay experience in a straight-DLC game, and its only $15.

Some simplifications of the game might turn of dyed-in-the-wool BF players though, but it works out in this game's scope.

There are only 3 classes in this game, hybridized versions of previous BF classes.
Infantry - Short range attack. Also includes anti-tank bazooka and engineer repair wrench.
Scout - Sniper and demolitions (satchel charges). Has a samurai sword for melee if you play the Japanese beigelaugh.gif
Rifleman - Medium range attack, has grenade launcher for anti-infantry/jeep.

It's also only 24 players max, and the game mode is limited to the capture-the-territories (but thats the only mode that matters in BF anyways.)

Despite that, at the $15 price point and looking graphically on par with many retail games, its a fantastic game. The environments are fully destructible, except for a few hardened bunkers. And when you call in an airstrike you actually switch control to the bombers and steer them to where you want to deploy. Its just a brilliant game in a nice small package.

Now my question is, who else wants to get on this? I know AC was talking about getting it on PSN, but come on man! Get it on 360 so its easier for everyone to play. Hell at 15 bones maybe you can double dip and get both? beigelaugh.gif

--------------------

Steam: MrCrushin PSN : MrCrushin XBL: Mr Crushin
I'm not a playa I just crush a lot.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 06:12 AM