Reply to this topicStart new topic
<Insert long string of curse words here>, a.k.a. why PSO needs an "Undo" button
Layrinn
post Apr 15 2003, 01:23 AM
Post #1

Grand Armor

Group: Associates
Member No.: 15

Another Marutah ruined... this one was level 124.

I fed it the wrong item by mistake... a simple slip of the thumb.

A sat staring at my screen for several minutes pondering switiching the power off and hoping for the best. In the end, I decided that I didn't know the risks well enough and I valued the rest of my equipment far more than another week of feeding a baby mag.

*sigh*

Looks like I get to start over again. At least there's a bright side: This time I can keep an exact record of the items I feed it. I know that'll make a few people happy.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Apr 15 2003, 05:08 AM
Post #2

Holding these random memories

Group: Magister
Member No.: 8

I hate putting too much thought into raising mags... Usually when I start one I'm just like "Ok nothing but trimates,keep it simple!" but I will feed it whatever it needs to level up its DEX or MIND or whatever after I get it past 100.

I hate it when I don't get the Mylla & Youlla PB though.

--------------------

Steam: MrCrushin PSN : MrCrushin XBL: Mr Crushin
I'm not a playa I just crush a lot.

+Quote Post
Bryn
post Apr 15 2003, 05:43 PM
Post #3

Nothing but the rain.

Group: Arbiter Caste
Member No.: 5

What a bummer. From a fellow mag farmer, I feel your pain. This mag you're trying to pull off is a pretty complicated undertaking, so don't get discouraged by a few mishaps, just start a new one.....and lend me your notes. beigelaugh.gif

By the way, I've powered off literally countless times trying for a certain cell from a Jack-O-Latern without a problem. As long as you are off-line, in single player mode, and not in save process, you should be just fine.

+Quote Post
OzzaJW
post Apr 15 2003, 05:51 PM
Post #4

Psy Armor

Member No.: 24

hmmm....... what mag are you trying to raise, with exact stats, i raise mags pretty fast, with 3 level 5 to 200's in 3 days...... i coudl probly get it done for you, the challengign bit for me is the start point, trying not to raise all teh stas at once... but then i go into easiville.

--------------------
user posted image
Co-founder of Intrinity-the Era of Destiny

+Quote Post
Layrinn
post Apr 15 2003, 06:11 PM
Post #5

Grand Armor

Well, if you can raise a level 199 Marutah (5/50/94/50) in only a few days, then you would have me impressed. I appreciate the offer, but this goes far beyond simply getting the stats right. I'll just continue to document this one's progress.

Bryn, when you powered off without saving (offline), what exactly happened? Did you lose any items at all? Or did it just revert to the previous saved state? Also, I'll be happy to share my notes with you once I've actually gotten somewhere with them.

Current status of Porject Marutah: level 27. -.-

+Quote Post
Rogue
post Apr 15 2003, 06:22 PM
Post #6

Hyper Frame

Member No.: 7

I am the worst person on PSO when it comes to raising mags. Sure I can calculate all the stats, but I just forget to feed the thing. I end up having to stay in town and feed while I'm using the PC for other things.

Anywho, if you just power down offline, you won't lose items or anything. You'll go back to the way you were when you first started playing offline.

+Quote Post
Bryn
post Apr 15 2003, 06:27 PM
Post #7

Nothing but the rain.

Group: Arbiter Caste
Member No.: 5

Bryn, when you powered off without saving (offline), what exactly happened?

There is no loss at all (unless you count exp earned if you were playing), it simply reverts to the last save.

Hmmm...all this mag talk has inspired me to start the Tapas Project again, hehe.

+Quote Post
Layrinn
post Apr 15 2003, 07:50 PM
Post #8

Grand Armor

QUOTE (Bryn @ Apr 15 2003, 07:27 PM)
There is no loss at all (unless you count exp earned if you were playing), it simply reverts to the last save.

Well, that's good to know for if this kind of thing happens again.

Bryn, I can share with you what I've recorded so far if you like... but I'm not sure how pertinant it will be since you're trying to raise a different mag. The stats I'm aiming for also might not jive with what you want. Of course, the cool thing about raising a mag this way is that, given enough patience, the stats can be anything you want them to be. All you gotta do is figure out the right magic formula. ;)

Anyways, Bryn... the Excel file is already pretty big, and I'm only at level 27. Let me know if you want it and what the best way to send it would be.

+Quote Post
Dive
post Apr 15 2003, 09:21 PM
Post #9

Antarctica Traffic Control

Group: Dark Templar
Member No.: 1

Resetting the power offline is also a good way to get the exact item you want from a Christmas Present, Jack o Lantern, etc. Like previously stated it just reverts back to your previous save. Simply make sure the game is saved with the item unopened. Start a new game and open it, if it's not what you want, simply do a soft reset and try it again. You will lose any experience gained from your last save however, so just do all this in town without slaying any beasties.

wassup.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_Shojin_*
post Apr 24 2003, 08:43 AM
Post #10

Guests

I try to figure stats and then i end up feeding it the wrong things and losing a stat or 2 somewhere, doesnt really matter to me though I usually end up getting along fine with it

+Quote Post
Crawurm
post Apr 24 2003, 05:18 PM
Post #11

Freelance Engineer

Group: Validating
Member No.: 12

yea, feeding mags to make a certain stat go up is always a pain, thats why I organize my inventory so that it has my mag and all feeding items below it (or sandwiched between my mag and my armor) so I know its what I wanted to feed it.

--------------------
<Center>
user posted image
</Center>

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th May 2024 - 11:01 PM