Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

A Signature Image, entry in a contest
Dive
post Apr 15 2003, 11:31 AM
Post #1

Antarctica Traffic Control

Group: Dark Templar
Member No.: 1

This is a piece I did for a sig contest on another forum. The rules were it had to be 470x200 and it had to contain your name somewhere on it. I just wanted to share it with AT.

user posted image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Dive
post Apr 15 2003, 09:09 PM
Post #2

Antarctica Traffic Control

Group: Dark Templar
Member No.: 1

Welcome to the AT forum OzzaJW, we are always happy to see new members. I'm glad you signed up and hope you stick around. beigesmile.gif

Thanks for the opinions and critcism, I do not "flame" people for giving an honest response. In fact I don't think you will see much "flaming" at this board at all.

When you say that it looks "rushed" you are not at all far from the truth. When I saw that contest I debated whether I would have time to come up with something I would consider worthy. I decided to give it a go and did that in about an hour, so you are right on when saying it is rushed. I am extremely busy and don't usually have time to do custom pieces or enter into contests, but I wanted to contribute something to this board as I was a new member there.

Concerning contests and limitations on size and content. I think that you will come to see that you will end up sacrificing a lot to please others. Are you considering making a career out of art or is it just a pastime? If you are considering entering into a design field, you will end up having to lose alot of your vision, as "paying " clients will almost always want the finished work quite different than what you had intended. I do not like to compromise my vision but sometimes, evidenced by this contest, it needs to be done to please the "client".

Pure art is far better, being able to work without any restrictions or limitations. I prefer this path. I do not agree with the rules stated but I consider the sponsor a "client" and will follow their guidlines to the letter. Something you should think about if you are considering a design career.

I think you do excellent work Ozza, I am really impressed with what I have seen and hope to see more. Do you do other types of work besides computer generated?

This current sig is some heavily modified stock photography of an old factory. I have lots of stock images stored and this one in particular struck me with it's splash of white. It's basically just cropped, stretched and proceesed, with some added flair. I appreciate your interest.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 01:08 PM