Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kazicht
post Mar 23 2005, 06:19 PM
Post #19

System Id

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 45

For those looking for more details, 1up.com recently had the chance to interview Yuji Naka, who revealed some facts about Phantasy Star Universe:

-PSU will indeed have an online portion and will, as of right now, be PS2 exclusive. Naka said he's "not quite sure" if there's any chance of it being ported to other systems.

-"The PSU security will be like that of PSO: BB with server-side characters and info."

-"I literally don't think it's possible to put PSU on PSP, as we're using the full power of the PS2. But if the network gets better and it's stable, maybe we could conceive of porting PSO to PSP. It's very interesting, but we don't have enough people to do that at this point."

Phantasy Star Universe will be released in Japan this summer for PS2 and PC. A US release date isn't known yet.

+Quote Post
Wiryu
post Mar 23 2005, 09:34 PM
Post #20

This is my custom member title.

Member No.: 121

its just a shame that you have all suckered me into deciding to buy this game -.-

+Quote Post
Vitamin D
post Mar 24 2005, 02:56 AM
Post #21

IS MAHVEL BAYBEE!

Group: Arbiter Caste
Member No.: 35

So beautiful...I'm DYING for this game to come out! cry2.gif

--------------------
<center>
"You Need The D? Then You Need Me!"

+Quote Post
DarkEpyon
post Mar 25 2005, 05:54 AM
Post #22

Revolution to the Destruction

Member No.: 21

This game looks great so far. Can't wait to see the robot.

--------------------

"Computers are incredibly fast, accurate and stupid. Human beings are incredibly slow, inaccurate and brilliant. Together they are powerful beyond imagination."
-Albert Einstein

+Quote Post
DivA
post Mar 25 2005, 06:00 AM
Post #23

Deus-Ex MachinA

Group: Neophyte Caste
Member No.: 44

lol, i just realized that the 1-up online article is already posted.. ^^; in any case, words & articles just make me dream about having this game even more..

+Quote Post
donkeybeatz
post Mar 25 2005, 03:05 PM
Post #24

McDonald's!

Group: Magister
Member No.: 32

More pics. Not from EGM though.

user posted image

user posted image

Comments?
Looks like alot of open field to play in.

EDIT: Boo links are dead.

This post has been edited by DJ_Donkey: Mar 26 2005, 06:12 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
HC82
post Mar 25 2005, 05:32 PM
Post #25

Badass Billionaire Extraordanaire

Member No.: 4

*Looks at pics*

*skeet*

Can't wait...

+Quote Post
Mute
post Mar 25 2005, 08:36 PM
Post #26

Sunbro

Member No.: 25

@_@

NEED!

--------------------
PSN ID: USF_Tailgater
Xbox Live: USF Tailgater

+Quote Post
donkeybeatz
post Mar 25 2005, 08:44 PM
Post #27

McDonald's!

Group: Magister
Member No.: 32

*steals more info*
Credit to Nash from PSOW (which in turn, credits Soul4ger from GAF):

Soul4ger on GAF has the latest EGM and posted this excellent summary of the PSU article:

"Offline - 40-hour quest. It's a linear story, but you can explore the world as you please. It has everything you'd expect from an actual RPG -- huge towns, more than 20 dungeons, more than 15 bosses. You can have up to three members in your party, and while you don't directly control them, you can assign them commands. The single-player mode will have cutscenes, dialogue, an in-depth story, character development, etc., etc. Some people will have to join you for missions, but when you just want to explore and build levels, you can apparently select anyone to go with you. By the end of the game, you'll end up exploring three planets. It starts on the hume world, Parum, which gets attacked by weird aliens. You visit Neudaiz, a water world of "newman people," and Motwob, the planet of the beast people - desert planet. THe main character's name is Ethan Waber. He decides to fight because his sister gets attacked. Gameplay remains relatively similar to PSO, but there will be more puzzles and stuff in dungeons -- and not just flipping switches.

Online:

No longer jobs, just character races. Each of the four races has its own strengths, but you can develop them as you see fit. For example, casts are the best with guns, but that doesn't mean you can't build up their other characteristics and make them good magicians. Character customization is apparently incredibly improved. You can change colors of lips, eyebrows, eyes, hair, clothes, shoes, you can mold faces and bodies, create large or small breasts, make them firm or jiggly. That's an example the lead artist gives. HDD is NOT supported, because Sony pulled the support. It looks substantially better on the PC, and EGM recommends that version. Voice chat, regardless, has not been confirmed, for either platform.

Combat remains relatively similar to PSO, but there are differences, There are six-hit combo strings now, but you insert custom technique attacks into the combos to change them up. Strafing has been adding, and button-timing is supposed to be quick, for combat. Like John said, the number of party members is much higher, but Sega hasn't revealed how many it will be yet. Characters can dual wield different weapons now, so a gunner can have a short range gun and a long-range one equipped at the same time. Mags are gone, robot partners are in. Downloadable content will be more frequent and more substantial.

And PSO Blue Burst is coming this Summer, the mag says it's "free," but you just have to pay the $13 Hunter's Fee.

One last thing I forgot, vehicles are included."

I swear once I get a copy of that issue, I'm writing whatever they have on there word for word.
HC82: LMAO! Don't you dare edit that post!

Oh I found some scans from EGM. Credits to whoever scanned them:
Page 1
Page 2
Page 3
Page 4< Dam look at that dragon!
Page 5

--------------------

+Quote Post
DivA
post Mar 25 2005, 09:07 PM
Post #28

Deus-Ex MachinA

Group: Neophyte Caste
Member No.: 44

~dj, i am grateful for the wisdom you share.. ;D

thank you much.. ^^ though voice chat is an advance that i don't look forward to ~ i like to type, if truth be told; *muses* i think it's time for some new avatars - let's see what i can salvage from these images ~ heh.. ;)

+Quote Post
Kazicht
post Mar 26 2005, 12:29 AM
Post #29

System Id

Member No.: 45

G'od, I don't even know what to say. Its like everything I used to ask for in PSO is coming true in PSU. Massive combos able to connect with more powerful skills, more PT members, vehicles, better character costomization, better EVERYTHING!

Just speechless.

+Quote Post
DarkEpyon
post Mar 26 2005, 07:02 AM
Post #30

Revolution to the Destruction

Member No.: 21

Wow... this is better than I could've imagined. Dunno about the voice chat thing though. I've never played PSOX, so I can't really comment on it.

--------------------

"Computers are incredibly fast, accurate and stupid. Human beings are incredibly slow, inaccurate and brilliant. Together they are powerful beyond imagination."
-Albert Einstein

+Quote Post

17 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 04:29 PM