Reply to this topicStart new topic
the vent list.. -.@, ~games you wish..
DivA
post Oct 20 2003, 01:07 PM
Post #1

Deus-Ex MachinA

Group: Neophyte Caste
Member No.: 44

~if you had to choose, which game(s) would be top candidate? games you wish were never made ~ games that are either horrendous, annoying to play or a verified waste of disc-space...a game that would upset you on sight - the kind of game(s) that should be forever banned -by law- from the gaming world.. sniperer.gif for the betterment of civilization, if you gots one in mind (or few.. ;p) - vent here.. Oo
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AC9breaker
post Oct 20 2003, 01:59 PM
Post #2

Soul Hunter

Group: Magister
Member No.: 23

omfg there are so many candidates. But the one that really made me super duper ultra super saiyen4 mega insanely very ultimate mode pissed off was a shitty ass game for ps1 called "time commando." I t involved some cheesy looking guy in a disturbingly ugly bright yellow costume running around as if he had a stick up his anus. If you think Residents evil controls are screwy... Try mixing that and tao feng type control styles. Absolutly horrendous. Then there is the lame story line and its...just...just so... just so lame...
My views in of this game summed up in one word------------> crash.gif

--------------------
"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

--an Excerpt from a Night Lords Novel Void Stalkers Chapter X: Revenge

+Quote Post
HC82
post Oct 20 2003, 03:26 PM
Post #3

Badass Billionaire Extraordanaire

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 4

Well, there are many games through out the years that suck massive @&#%. I'll start with the most recent games that I actually played. There are many terrible games out there, but i'll only list one of them that I played.

State of Emergency: DAMN YOU TO HELL Rockstar, You sully innovation with this piece of dog crap. The exception is arcade mode(fun for a few hours), everything else is utter dog poo. I like to especially mock this game because all the hype actually managed to make it sell well for the first few weeks. Even funnier is that some game magazines gave it half way decent reviews, even though they gave others games, that are alot better, worse reviews. When you rag on one game for being repeatitive, but give SOE good reviews, that isn't right. Sorry but originality and blood doesn't make for a good game, especially with straight up lame gameplay. I don't care how original a game is, you can have crowds of NPCs running around and a cool idea, but if the game sucks, IT SUCKS. Just because something tries to be unique, doesn't make it automatically fun. Last time I checked wearing a pair of panties on my head didn't make me original, just a dumbass. When the missons repeat themselves in the FIRST STAGE, you know you have a problem.

Only way I can see someone liking this game, is if they enjoy just killing stuff. In which case, more power to you...although, might I suggest you spend those 20~40 dollars on a few crates of oranges, apples, and watermelons. Take a kitchen knife or a baseball bat and then proceed to smash the living shiznit out of them. I guarantee it will be alot more fun then playing SOE and you'll have something to eat afterward.

+Quote Post
Henge
post Oct 20 2003, 11:26 PM
Post #4

OpSec

Group: Dark Templar
Member No.: 2

beigelaugh.gif @ HC

i hate that game too, it totally sucked... and after all that hype? did everyone think it would be gold just because it was made by rockstar? i bet so...

if you want to experience another POS made by rock star.. check out wild metal.. guaranteed to make you puke!

i hate Ghost recon also, at least on the ps2, wack controls, graphics, gameplay... i could go on and on but i wont... dont waste your time on this utter garbage.. not even worth a rent.

Xenosaga... people love this game.. but i cant seem to play past the third or fourth CGI.. SINCE IT LASTS 25 MINUTES!!! ... seriously though, the graphics are nice, but i literally fall asleep during those boring, lengthy CGI's.... more CGI than gameplay = bad.

+Quote Post
unitself
post Oct 21 2003, 11:58 AM
Post #5

green and square

Member No.: 49

if you want to experience another POS made by rock star.. check out wild metal.. guaranteed to make you puke!

HA!!
I LOVED that game. I played through it numerrous time. I have heard that most people didn't like it because it was slow, but I disagree. Well, it was a bit slow, but I really liked it like that. Funny how someone can hate something that you like so much.
As a Sonic fan, I really really wanted to like the Sonic Party game that came out on the DC. I was horribly let down. Talk about a drag!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bantam13
post Oct 21 2003, 02:16 PM
Post #6

The Enemy.

Group: Associates
Member No.: 61

I cannot f*****g stand Pokemon or anything related to Pokemon.

Do I really need a reason??

First of all, the games play like inferior versions of the Dragon Quest series....except instead of killing the "innocent" creatures to level up and set out on further adventures, you're stuck capturing the damn things and having _them_ battle for you. Then you go around to different places and catch MORE of the things, usually finding a creature that is just slightly superior to the ones you previously used.

This ho-hum, uninspired gameplay goes on for hours, ad nauseam, with no real reason to why the player character wants to be "the best". I can see it now....

"What do you want to do when you grow up, son??"
"I wanna be the world's greatest Pokemon master. daddy!!"
"What the....?? You're dead to me. I HAVE NO SON!!"

If I wanted to watch two dirty woodland beasts go at it, I could just walk outside and snatch up two squirrels in a Hefty bag, shake it vigorously, and watch with childish glee....and I wouldn't have to waste money or my already dwindling eyesight on a pixelated mess going through 2 frames of animation for a piddly amount of damage.

I cannot f*****g stand Pokemon.

Next is the marketing juggernaut (read: corporate whoring) of the license/franchise....the merchandise on this cash cow was both omnipresent and obnoxious....you couldn't even take a dump in private without seeing Pokemon toilet paper or Pokemon fruity scented bath oils in someone's bathroom. Hell, I'm surprised some scientist out there didn't mass breed the little bastards so we could have Pokemon nuggets with an advertisement campaign that would put Baskin Robbins out of business....31 flavors?? Try 3 or 4 hundred, beppo.

Last but not least....what it did to Nintendo as a whole.

Granted, they made some quick money....and to this day, they still ride that pony to the bank....but to me, this is where the Big N got their so-called "softcore" image, after riding out the backlash during the old Mortal Monday fiascos. Sweat, blood, whatever....water under the bridge....but when this type of game becomes more synonymous with Nintendo than Super Mario, then heads should certainly roll. All 400+ or God knows how many there are now.

One of my greatest gaming joys these days is firing up Super Smash Bros. Melee and beating the living hell out of those yellow bastards they dared put in the roster, instead of Pitt and Wario.

To wit....see the first statement.

Bantam13
-- I wish Pikachu were real....I would beat his dirty rodent backside with a hammer until he bleeds out, and gladly serve the time for it. "Pound me in the ass" prison isn't so bad these days, or so I hear.

--------------------
"Leaders are for fools who need to follow." - Fangry
"Everything succumbs to those who wait." - Razorclaw
"I take a licking and keep on kicking." - Ruckus

PSO Characters:

Alisah Neiko - HUnewearl - YELLOWBOZE - lvl 200 (Yeesh, FINALLY....)
Jakira_Vogni - FOnewearl - PURPLENUM - lvl 178

user posted image

Mnk lvl 75/Blm lvl 61/War lvl 65/Whm lvl 53/Thf lvl 35/Rdm lv 21/Nin lvl 37/Drg lvl 37

+Quote Post
HC82
post Oct 21 2003, 03:51 PM
Post #7

Badass Billionaire Extraordanaire

Member No.: 4

I too dislike pokemon. BLARG, it is highly devious and when you think about it, pretty f'ed up. First off I will ignore the gameplay, This point foward only reflects about 15% of why I dislike of pokemon. First off, the whole concept of "red" and "blue" versions is more of a scam to rip you off. BAH, sharing my ass, it's all about getting kids to buy GB linkup cables and having lonely kids buy both versions. Capitalism at it's best, 100% insideous and the public eats it up.

Oh, how can I forget the cute little woodland creautes...Oh my, isn't he cute...NOW I WILL ENSLAVE YOU AND MAKE YOU MY GLADIATOR OF DEATH...err I mean my pet...
Come on now, last time I checked having animals that fight each other would label you a sick, twisted, heartless bastard, but it's ok for our little kids to do it so long as we preach some bullshit about "loving your pokemon," "Friendship and teamwork." Bah, load of dog poo. Replace "loving your pokemon" with "protecting my merchandise" and "friendship and teamwork" with "you better win me that badge you little peice of shit, I don't keep you kooked up in this tiny, cagecell-of-a-ball for nothing. Fame, Glory, I will be the VERY BEST and it will paid with your pain and blood...GOOOO GROWLITH, shoot blazing hot flames."

Your running around catching woodland creatures and having them fight each other for the sake of your own fame and glory. Sounds like some grade "A" sicko shiznit to me. It's just a game, so lighten up? Hey, last time I checked little kids are most easily influenced when compared to adults. When it comes to little kids you can't turn a blind eye. If anything our youth is just getting more and more fucked up by the second. Nintendo can take Pokemon and shove it up Yoshi's piehole, atleast then it will come out as something edible.

Yea I played grand theft auto, but guess what? Grand theft auto isn't hiding what it is. You play a thug and jack up who ever you want. The game doesn't have cute little babies running around fighting in drug wars. Pokemon is just totally F'ed ep. Most folk say, your overreacting, so shut up. I say, No dude, open up your eyes. If the game was for adults I wouldn't really complain, but it ain't. It's for the rug rats of the world.

Note the above rant only accounts for 15% of why I don't like pokemon. The other 85% is the gameplay, yea thats right, paper sissors rocks with the depth of an 8 bit rpg don't do it for me. Everything about it is totally generic. I'm being FAR more critical on the newer Pokemons, whereas the orginal pokemon was geared for kids and I'm not expecting little kids to know of deep rp gameplay. Yet gearing the whole concept for kids ain't right either. The game is a paradox of its target audience in relation to the games concept.

+Quote Post
Henge
post Oct 21 2003, 04:32 PM
Post #8

OpSec

QUOTE (unitself @ Oct 21 2003, 12:58 PM)

HA!!
I LOVED that game. I played through it numerrous time. I have heard that most people didn't like it because it was slow, but I disagree. Well, it was a bit slow, but I really liked it like that. Funny how someone can hate something that you like so much.

heheheh, the main thing that pissed me off with it was the way you controlled the elevation on your barrel...

omg, how did i forget pokemon and its evil-bastard-children spin offs? i would explain why i hate it, but just go read Bantam and HC's posts. buttrock.gif

+Quote Post
DarkEpyon
post Oct 21 2003, 09:00 PM
Post #9

Revolution to the Destruction

Member No.: 21

Hmmmmm.... I remember a game called Ninja Crusaders on the NES. The sound wasn't that great and the controls kinda sucked. The bosses were also damn near impossible. I got to about the second stage and decided I had enough. This was way back in 1992.

Another game that annoyed the crap out of me was Evil Zone on the playstation. The voices sucked, and I felt the controls were really annoying. The characters were pretty dumb too.

Miracle Girls on Super Famicom... Thank God this was never brought to the states. Its cutesyness (is that even a real word?) and horrendously pointless gameplay just made me sick.

Parasite Eve 2... Squaresoft's supposed answer to Resident Evil. Apparently they had to go and re-tool the controls to that of RE's. Didn't work out well. Needless to say I didn't even bother finishing that one.

Orphen, Scion of Sorcery on PS2. Annoying characters and shitty battle system.

Metroid Prime... yes I know I'm going to fry for this, but I absolutely hated that game. This just feels like Half-life or Doom with Samus in it to me. The fact you had to scan so many objects just to advance was annoying in itself. The graphics were great, but that's about all it had going for it.

--------------------

"Computers are incredibly fast, accurate and stupid. Human beings are incredibly slow, inaccurate and brilliant. Together they are powerful beyond imagination."
-Albert Einstein

+Quote Post
Ether
post Oct 21 2003, 11:44 PM
Post #10

+4 HP

Group: AT Certified
Member No.: 41

PSO. Horribly horribly addicting game, turns everyone who touches it into red box hunting zombies, destroying social lives while people rack up 3000+ hour playtimes. It should be banned for the good of the universe

bazooka.gif rappy-walk.gif

+Quote Post
Henge
post Oct 21 2003, 11:51 PM
Post #11

OpSec

i have mixed feelings about metroid prime, while i liked it, i dont think FPS's belong being played on the gamecubes controler. its just inpracticle... PS2 is the only controler i feel comfortable using in a FPS.. even then a mouse/kb or mouse/control combo is vastly superior.

+Quote Post
Bantam13
post Oct 22 2003, 12:15 AM
Post #12

The Enemy.

Member No.: 61

QUOTE (Claymore @ Oct 22 2003, 12:51 AM)
i have mixed feelings about metroid prime, while i liked it, i dont think FPS's belong being played on the gamecubes controler. its just inpracticle... PS2 is the only controler i feel comfortable using in a FPS.. even then a mouse/kb or mouse/control combo is vastly superior.

Personally, I don't care much for the genre, but I had to give Metroid Prime a chance....especially since it was the first game for the franchise in practically forever.

I thought I was going to utterly despise it to the core of my being, but....I loved it. As for the controls, the only thing that really bugged me aside from the slow speed involved with changing visors was the sidedashing feature. 75% of the time I would go for it only to execute a short jump in the direction I wanted. Not exactly the best thing to happen when you're strafing some very nasty Chozo ghosts.

Otherwise, I thought the control scheme was rather intuitive once you got the hang of it. The C stick got in the way a few times, but nothing that I couldn't get around.

Oh yeah....Omega Pirate was an utter bastard. Plain and simple.

bash.gif guns.gif

Bantam13
--The sequel better be at least 4 times as big as the first....

--------------------
"Leaders are for fools who need to follow." - Fangry
"Everything succumbs to those who wait." - Razorclaw
"I take a licking and keep on kicking." - Ruckus

PSO Characters:

Alisah Neiko - HUnewearl - YELLOWBOZE - lvl 200 (Yeesh, FINALLY....)
Jakira_Vogni - FOnewearl - PURPLENUM - lvl 178

user posted image

Mnk lvl 75/Blm lvl 61/War lvl 65/Whm lvl 53/Thf lvl 35/Rdm lv 21/Nin lvl 37/Drg lvl 37

+Quote Post
Khaotika
post Oct 22 2003, 06:38 AM
Post #13

Saw It Coming

Member No.: 57

I hated Metroid Prime as well...I never played it past the opening, because I never got used to the controls. ;p

OMG the Pokemon posts are TOO PERFECT.

I agree < Rhete. <- example of it destroying lives.

mog.gif

-Khao

--------------------
Sometimes when I talk to people, I like to imagine a giant "EDIT" button over their head. Not that it matters, I always reach for "DELETE".

+Quote Post
DivA
post Oct 22 2003, 08:51 AM
Post #14

Deus-Ex MachinA

Group: Neophyte Caste
Member No.: 44

~the Sims - 'nuff said.. skullcross.gif

~seriously, there are perhaps 3 top games that i would love to obliterate from the face of the world (though, i had not considered pokemon*), in this order..

3 - tetris
2 - super monkey ball
1 - the Sims crash.gif

~tetris i hold no love for, perhaps i am not good at it; more likely that i just don't understand all this hype that is given to it.. -.- i like puzzles, but tetris *shivers* Super Puzzle Fighter & Magical Drop series were much better games, i thought.. =.

~super monkey ball - sorry, but i find this game offensive.. i cannot figure this out, but everytime i see the commercial ~ seeing monkeys enclosed in an air tight ball & being abused at all levels is not my idea of an enjoyable social game.. =/ weird thing is, i gots friends that enjoy it ~ but i find it actually disturbing..

~the Sims - grrr, i...hate...the...Sims on sight *doom* the kind of game that if i ever came across the designer(s) on the street, i would go yojimbo on them in a heartbeat.. skullcross.gif if i wanted to play a game about life, then i would turn off my computer & actually live it.. =ppp i'll see my friends in the abyss first before i try this waste of a game; this one remains a solid 1st on my list..

... *breathes deeply*

~lol, nice ~ i feel better already.. king.gif now, i must ponder where pokemon fits into the equation.. ^^

+Quote Post
DarkEpyon
post Oct 22 2003, 09:27 AM
Post #15

Revolution to the Destruction

Member No.: 21

Tetris was essentially the puzzle form of crack.

--------------------

"Computers are incredibly fast, accurate and stupid. Human beings are incredibly slow, inaccurate and brilliant. Together they are powerful beyond imagination."
-Albert Einstein

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 05:10 PM