IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
(SPOILERS ABOUND) Hardest final bosses, RPG or otherwise.
donkeybeatz
post Oct 23 2003, 03:43 PM
Post #16

McDonald's!

Group: Magister
Member No.: 32

The last boss in Shinobi for PS2. =T
It took me months to kick his ass and that I did!
I had to do it 2 more times so I can get the remaining coins.
Joe Musashi owns you!

--d-_-b

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bantam13
post Oct 23 2003, 05:09 PM
Post #17

The Enemy.

Group: Associates
Member No.: 61

QUOTE (Alisha @ Oct 23 2003, 01:27 PM)
hmn how about gill in street fighter 3 3rd strike
Resurection=cheapest move in the long sad history of cheap moves

Bwah ha ha....I had completely forgotten about Gill. To those who have no idea: If you beat Gill when he has a full super combo bar he will use it to revive himself, so unless you can tag his ass while he's pulling out "Resurrection" he gets his whole lifebar back. Ugh. Talk about a pain in the butt.

So I took a trip down memory lane this afternoon and booted up 3rd Strike. I gotta say, not only was Gill a cheapass, but that game's entire CPU controlled cast was rather cheesy. Ya know, I was never that great at the Parry System, anyway....but it's hella ridiculous when the CPU opponent can predict every move you make and avoid/counter/parry it instantly.

Case in point: Dudley vs. Elena....I swear she knew exactly what I was gonna do the instant it came out of my controller. Ehh, it was a classicly outmatched pair....speed/counter vs speed/range.

But the funniest part was when I picked Ryu....the CPU seemed to let me walk all over it....until Gill.

13 continues on that bastard....10 close calls, 2 outright slaughterfests, 1 victory. The dude has Ibuki's lightning speed, Urien's reach, Hugo's brute strength, and Q's nasty ass "rather kill ya than even blink at ya" super arts.

Ha ha....I landed a Shin-Shoryuken right up Gill's backside when he started his "Let me be the blesser of all souls" meteor shower Super Art. TOO GOOD.

Of course, this encounter means nothing compared to most bosses in SNK's stable of fighting games....Omega Rugal, anyone?? X/

Bantam13
--Wishes they'd put Elena/Dudley in another game....

--------------------
"Leaders are for fools who need to follow." - Fangry
"Everything succumbs to those who wait." - Razorclaw
"I take a licking and keep on kicking." - Ruckus

PSO Characters:

Alisah Neiko - HUnewearl - YELLOWBOZE - lvl 200 (Yeesh, FINALLY....)
Jakira_Vogni - FOnewearl - PURPLENUM - lvl 178

user posted image

Mnk lvl 75/Blm lvl 61/War lvl 65/Whm lvl 53/Thf lvl 35/Rdm lv 21/Nin lvl 37/Drg lvl 37

+Quote Post
Vitamin D
post Oct 26 2003, 04:47 PM
Post #18

IS MAHVEL BAYBEE!

Group: Arbiter Caste
Member No.: 35

QUOTE (DJ_Donkey @ Oct 23 2003, 04:43 PM)
The last boss in Shinobi for PS2. =T
It took me months to kick his ass and that I did!
I had to do it 2 more times so I can get the remaining coins.
Joe Musashi owns you!

--d-_-b

Hell yeah, Shinobi on PS2 is one hard ass game...and that last boss... but man do you feel good when you beat him. shades.gif I also agree with Gill...what a bastard. He's hard as is but resurrection is just WRONG. cry2.gif hmmm I wish I'd brought my Dreamcast to school...dammit!

--------------------
<center>
"You Need The D? Then You Need Me!"

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Oct 26 2003, 07:48 PM
Post #19

Guests

Never played SF3, but I have heard about Gill though.

Another one I can't believe I forgot is Indalecio from Star Ocean 2. 500k HP in earth mode w/ limiter and like 1.5mil without it. In universe mode he has like upwards of 4 mil and your chars can't have more than 9999HP regardless of difficulty. He can easily wipe out your whole party with some attacks.

+Quote Post
HC82
post Oct 27 2003, 06:27 PM
Post #20

Badass Billionaire Extraordanaire

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 4

QUOTE (Guest @ Oct 26 2003, 08:48 PM)
Another one I can't believe I forgot is Indalecio from Star Ocean 2. 500k HP in earth mode w/ limiter and like 1.5mil without it. In universe mode he has like upwards of 4 mil and your chars can't have more than 9999HP regardless of difficulty. He can easily wipe out your whole party with some attacks.

Oh, yea. That guy was really tough. Magic rocks and Opera with insane Hit is your friend. He moves so damn fast that you can't hit him and his spells can knock you out in one shot. If you can't cheese his ass in the corner, then he can be impossible. On universe, well, I didn't think it was possible for him to get any faster, but he did. If it weren't for opera's homing shots, I think he would be much too hard.

+Quote Post
Angel of Enders
post Nov 5 2003, 02:03 PM
Post #21

Unorthodox

Group: Associates
Member No.: 47

QUOTE (Guest @ Oct 26 2003, 07:48 PM)

I was about to put that. But since SO2 was brought up how about Queen Iseria? The boss you could summon after beating the Cave of Trials. I know she's slightly easier than Indy but still tough as hell regardless.

Imagine fighting a boss with 6 million HP in a regular turn based game. hangsmiley.gif

The lass boss in FF4 I still have yet to beat. It's because I got the PSX version which is the "hard" version and I don't have the patience to level my guys up.

Oh and for me the last boss fights in Mega Man X were hella easy for me on my first tries and I didn't have the lightning reflexes I have now.

For the dog just use the ice beam to knock him back.

For Jedi Sigma just keep jumping up the wall and on his third jump come down and try to get some shots in. Rinse and Repeat. Also that way he shouldn't touch you unless your just slow.

His last form was hard but if I really tried I could fight him without a scratch but it's only because I I'm extremely good at timing things and I usually dodge the multiple lightning blasts. Every other attack is easy to dodge.

Oh and how could guys forget about Ozma from FFIX?!?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Crawurm
post Nov 5 2003, 02:25 PM
Post #22

Freelance Engineer

Group: Validating
Member No.: 12

The hardest boss I can remember off the top of my head was the final one from Arc the Lad (PS2 version)

oie what you had to do....

kill the eye things til the mist lifts just enough so he doesn't nuke your whole team and enough to damage him, then you gotta pull back as far as you can to get rid of all the eye's after they build up too much or they'll just nuke ya 2 times a turn which never gets you time to heal ._.

I really need to go buy the game so I can start over and get the 2 hidden characters i never got, that and level up some....

--------------------
<Center>
user posted image
</Center>

+Quote Post
Knightsword
post Nov 6 2003, 10:14 PM
Post #23

Mistress of Red Magic

Group: Arbiter Caste
Member No.: 53

The true final boss of Castlevania Lament of Sorrows, should belong on this. But I won't spoil it beigelaugh.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:11 PM