Reply to this topicStart new topic
~super-powers.. ^^, which be yours?
DivA
post Jan 14 2004, 02:14 PM
Post #1

Deus-Ex MachinA

Group: Neophyte Caste
Member No.: 44

an inspiration from watching X2 (X-men 2) ~ here is a question for the folks of ATHQ: super-heros & super-powers - if you were offered the chance to have 2 (& only 2..) of any super-powers in existence, what would your choices be & why?

~mine would be the following: shapeshifting & regeneration.. shapeshifting holds intense potential of shifting into whatever i desire at the moment; to shape, sculpt & optimize my vessel could allow me access to go unnoticed anywhere & learn many things from a very unique perspective...regeneration could push that further by allowing me to heal myself from injury, alter my age, become inhumanly nimble & flexible & other untapped possibilities that still brew in my thoughts.. =)

yah, 2 instead of 1 ~ after all, this is America; why choose 1 when we can have 2.. ;p
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Knightsword
post Jan 14 2004, 08:36 PM
Post #2

Mistress of Red Magic

Group: Arbiter Caste
Member No.: 53

One would be shapeshifting for much the same reasons as you stated. The other would be the power of flight. To soar above the clouds and not be bound to the laws of gravity is the ultimate form of freedom.

+Quote Post
HC82
post Jan 14 2004, 08:55 PM
Post #3

Badass Billionaire Extraordanaire

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 4

The power over flesh, pwahaha!!!
Mend wounds, create wounds, cure sicknesses, and make your flesh do my bidding....YES!!!

*evil laughter*

Either that, or the power to control people's minds.

+Quote Post
Sieranis
post Jan 14 2004, 10:34 PM
Post #4

Foolish Hopeful

Group: Associates
Member No.: 83

Heh, well I haven't posted here in a while, but this topic intrigues me...I would have to choose psionics and matter manipulation. I mean what could be greater than forming a blade out of energy created by my mind! There's so many things I could do with psionics, but honestly I love the mind blade idea. beigelaugh.gif

And with matter manipulation, I could defend myself with the very earth beneath me! Not to mention attack with it as well. I would say more but I can't think up anything else.

--------------------

"I come and go as the winds...shine and fade like the sun...but like the earth beneath us...I will remain here...if only in the shadows..."
Pictures in my sig are credited to the artist Nairohe a Deviant artist

+Quote Post
The JadeDragon
post Jan 16 2004, 04:53 PM
Post #5

The Dragon

Member No.: 81

Me and a friend had this same discussion after watching X2. I would also choose shape shifting. That alone gives you so many options. My second pick would be...the power to manipulate metal ala Magneto. That would be just to much fun to pass up...

+Quote Post
Astrid
post Jan 20 2004, 10:44 AM
Post #6

Hyper Frame

Member No.: 67

Wow, X-Men, how I despise that movie series and the blasphemy it is in comparison to the comics. Rogue != Kitty Pryde.

But, my powers would be similar to Rogue's -- I'd be able to temporarily obtain the enemy skill, memories and thought processes of the victim. If there were a second one, I would choose to have poison emitting from my skin upon contact.

--------------------
"So this Zealot comes to my door, all glazed eyes and clean reproductive organs, asking me if I ever think about God. So I tell him I killed God. I tracked God down like a rabid dog, hacked off his legs with a hedge trimmer, raped him with a corncob and boiled off his corpse in an acid bath. So he pulls an alternating-current taser on me and tells me that only the Official Serbian Church of Tesla can save my polyphase intrinsic electric field, known to non-engineers as 'the soul.' So I hit him. What would you do?" -- Warren Ellis, Transmetropolitan

+Quote Post
Rogue
post Jan 20 2004, 10:51 AM
Post #7

Hyper Frame

Member No.: 7

Ahhhh the Uncanny X-Men!

I do like Rogue... stealing any power you want would be awesome. (Just for the record that's not where I got my username, but she is still really cool)

I've always been the mind over matter sort though. Telepathy and telekenesis would be cool, but that would make me lazy beigelaugh.gif

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Jan 20 2004, 11:32 PM
Post #8

Holding these random memories

Group: Magister
Member No.: 8

I would want to turn into a car when i get hot , and back to a human when I get hit cold.

--------------------

Steam: MrCrushin PSN : MrCrushin XBL: Mr Crushin
I'm not a playa I just crush a lot.

+Quote Post
Knightsword
post Jan 21 2004, 05:27 AM
Post #9

Mistress of Red Magic

Group: Arbiter Caste
Member No.: 53

No offense Crush but...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA beigelaugh.gif beigelaugh.gif beigelaugh.gif beigelaugh.gif

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Jan 21 2004, 10:27 PM
Post #10

Holding these random memories

Group: Magister
Member No.: 8

:(

--------------------

Steam: MrCrushin PSN : MrCrushin XBL: Mr Crushin
I'm not a playa I just crush a lot.

+Quote Post
HC82
post Jan 22 2004, 01:45 AM
Post #11

Badass Billionaire Extraordanaire

Member No.: 4

QUOTE (Crushinator @ Jan 20 2004, 11:32 PM)
I would want to turn into a car when i get hot , and back to a human when I get hit cold.

Lol, no way man. Turning into a robotic tape recorder that plays 8 tracks is the way to do it!!!

+Quote Post
Dorian
post Jan 23 2004, 02:04 AM
Post #12

Local 804

Member No.: 66

So many to choose from ...

But since I can only choose two, I'd have to choose peak human accuracy and the power to imbune arrows with any element I so choose =)

+Quote Post
Mute
post Jan 29 2004, 12:31 PM
Post #13

Sunbro

Member No.: 25

I'd probably go with shapeshifting as well. It would be awesome to transform into a wolf and speed through a forest or a falcon and soar into the sky.

As a second ability, I'd be able to manipulate the mind of any type of animal (save humans). Of course this would also be in a limited form or else I could easily conjure up an army of critters and destroy anything I wanted. beigebigrazz.gif

I would never use my powers for evil though. ;D

--------------------
PSN ID: USF_Tailgater
Xbox Live: USF Tailgater

+Quote Post
Maxx
post Feb 18 2004, 12:09 AM
Post #14

chaw cat!

Group: AT Certified
Member No.: 78

power 1) it isn't really a power but hey, i wanna be a giant robot. i guess my power would be to change from robot to human form.

power 2) (where the human form kicks in) the abillity to control my pheremones to get all the ladies.

i win.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_Sword of Fire_*
post Feb 28 2004, 07:29 PM
Post #15

Guests

Ill say x ray vision

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:31 PM