Reply to this topicStart new topic
NEW PSU NEWS!!!, ok not exactly... yet.
Guest_Zio_*
post Mar 2 2005, 07:22 PM
Post #16

Guests

QUOTE (Wiruu @ Mar 2 2005, 07:56 PM)
http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/rpg/phantasystariv/index.html

Well, if what they're aiming for in that is truth, then i looks like PSU will be released on all 3 major consoles. I've never played a PSO game before, so i have no reason to be off the wall excited, i guess we'll just wait and see what happens.

I doubt it will be on all three systems. A Phantasy Star game has never been connected through more than one system before. Unless...unless ST grew brains finally?!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Omar
post Mar 3 2005, 09:21 AM
Post #17

Soul Frame

Group: Associates
Member No.: 108

just because its on all three systems doesnt mean they will be connected... they could each have their own online thing like the gamecube and xbox versions that came out like a year or two ago..

+Quote Post
Guest_Zio_*
post Mar 3 2005, 11:06 AM
Post #18

Guests

QUOTE (Omar @ Mar 3 2005, 10:21 AM)
just because its on all three systems doesnt mean they will be connected... they could each have their own online thing like the gamecube and xbox versions that came out like a year or two ago..

I did think about that. It doesn't seem very likely that they would release the game for 3 different systems and not have the servers connected. The Xbox version of PSO also came at a much later date with different things on it. PSU will probably be the same game even if it does come out for 3 different systems. Even if they do have it connected for all 3 systems though Gamecube or Xbox would have to do something about the chat system. But if they are not connected through all 3 systems then you have to try to get everyone one to agree on a system to play it on, which would be a pain in the ass in itself. My solution is just put the damn thing on PC for many different reasons.

+Quote Post
donkeybeatz
post Mar 3 2005, 11:16 AM
Post #19

McDonald's!

Group: Magister
Member No.: 32

QUOTE (Wiruu @ Mar 2 2005, 06:56 PM)
http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/rpg/phantasystariv/index.html

Well, if what they're aiming for in that is truth, then i looks like PSU will be released on all 3 major consoles. I've never played a PSO game before, so i have no reason to be off the wall excited, i guess we'll just wait and see what happens.

Actually that was old news Wiruu. They put all 3 consoles because they don't know which system its on.

--------------------

+Quote Post
DarkEpyon
post Mar 3 2005, 01:07 PM
Post #20

Revolution to the Destruction

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 21

I kinda hope it'll be on PC, though that would mean time to make room on this harddrive.

--------------------

"Computers are incredibly fast, accurate and stupid. Human beings are incredibly slow, inaccurate and brilliant. Together they are powerful beyond imagination."
-Albert Einstein

+Quote Post
unitself
post Mar 3 2005, 04:12 PM
Post #21

green and square

Member No.: 49

If SEGA releases it on PC and not a console I swear to all that is holy I will light this planet on fire.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Azrael
post Mar 3 2005, 04:30 PM
Post #22

Busy In Hell

Group: Neophyte Caste
Member No.: 51

QUOTE (unitself @ Mar 3 2005, 05:12 PM)
If SEGA releases it on PC and not a console I swear to all that is holy I will light this planet on fire.

I'll supply you with matches and gasoline.

--------------------
user posted image
PSO BB:PSO BB Chars: Fred lv77 HUnewearl
Aquarius-X lv10 RAmarl
Watch DScc in action at DScc Vision Az

+Quote Post
Mute
post Mar 3 2005, 06:02 PM
Post #23

Sunbro

Member No.: 25

I guess I wouldn't mind it on PC, but I'd much prefer it on a console. Then again, we haven't heard a damn thing about how the game is going to be yet. =p

With that said, I'll randomly discuss what I want to see in PSU!

Assuming the game resembles that of a PSO type:

I'm hoping for, more or less, the same kind of play style with an action bar for more buttons (like in Blue Burst). This would've made FO play so much more fun. I definately want to stick to the more action oriented combat as opposed to the point and click and grab a cup of coffee combat in MMOs.

Another thing I want to see is a more in-depth character creation interface with focus on the same kind of art style that really makes the PSO universe stand out. Seems like this is what we'll be getting. =)

Enchanced graphics would be a plus. At least some kind of step up from pretty much the same game we've seen since January 2001 (?).

Personally, I'd like to see them differentiate the classes more, like maybe make mechguns usable by only Rangers. HUcasts with Mechs made me sad. (but this is just me =p)

I'm sure we'll get our share of lush environments and all sorts of new baddies to kill. This is a big draw for me. =)

I'd like to see larger areas or maybe like some crazy idea of super bosses where up to 8 people can fight together.

I'd also like to see challenging new quests to be released on a regular basis with worthwhile rewards. Some of the quests on GC PSO were fantastic and worth doing just for the sheer challenge alone, however some of the rewards were just plain garbage. I'm not suggesting overpowered super rewards, but at least stuff that compares to some of the decent equipment for the difficulty level. Differentiating rewards per difficulty (if they keep in tact the Normal/Hard/VHard/Ultimate type thing) would be a must.

Sounds alot like I'm looking for a more updated PSO with some new features and higher character customization. =p

Anyone else have some thoughts while we wait? ^^

--------------------
PSN ID: USF_Tailgater
Xbox Live: USF Tailgater

+Quote Post
Azrael
post Mar 4 2005, 12:59 AM
Post #24

Busy In Hell

Group: Neophyte Caste
Member No.: 51

Here's a thought. No delays. Even if they take a long time to "Get It Right", they should hold off on a release date until they can make it stick. I just hated waiting until "input date here" for them to delay it "input months" here.

--------------------
user posted image
PSO BB:PSO BB Chars: Fred lv77 HUnewearl
Aquarius-X lv10 RAmarl
Watch DScc in action at DScc Vision Az

+Quote Post
Nynaeve
post Mar 4 2005, 03:29 PM
Post #25

Soul Frame

Group: AT Certified
Member No.: 137

QUOTE (Mute @ Mar 3 2005, 06:02 PM)
IAnyone else have some thoughts while we wait? ^^

Larger parties...better interaction, along the lines of FFXI or WoW (my other two "experiences" so sorry I'm so short sighted *grin*) - I can be online, but not be in a group with friends, but still be able to interact, you know, like guilds/linkshells. PSO was all about my friends...sure, I still have all my characters (despite my pups getting the GC memory card and chewing on it, I made it work again) with their cool stuff, but it was about BEING with people that really got me to play it for years...

*shrug*

Either that, or I have to get out more. ;)

+Quote Post
AC9breaker
post Mar 4 2005, 06:56 PM
Post #26

Soul Hunter

Group: Magister
Member No.: 23

I agree with Mute, I hope they keep the active battle like PSO as oppsed to the point and click method.

One thing though, I've always gone for the whole big strong muscle guy/robot theme. But it seems as though this pso will have a Big Muscle type guy who transforms into a wolf. :O If they continue to have RAcast type chars I would be torn between those two types. teleport.gif

--------------------
"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

--an Excerpt from a Night Lords Novel Void Stalkers Chapter X: Revenge

+Quote Post
DarkEpyon
post Mar 5 2005, 10:36 AM
Post #27

Revolution to the Destruction

Member No.: 21

the full action system of PSO was beautiful. The point-and-click bit was kind of a bore. And please... no 6 on 1 garbage either! Against big bosses I could understand, but not for normal monsters like rappies. I pretty much echo what Mute already pointed out.

--------------------

"Computers are incredibly fast, accurate and stupid. Human beings are incredibly slow, inaccurate and brilliant. Together they are powerful beyond imagination."
-Albert Einstein

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 06:06 PM