IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Single weapon use only?, like just sabres or wands or something..
unitself
post Jul 17 2003, 01:34 PM
Post #1

green and square

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 49

Has anyone ever tried this before?
Using just a single type of weapon? Always? or converted to one after you have gained the ability to use it, that is.
It's an interesting idea to me. I just created my first Hunny, and so far she can only use a sabre, right? So, I was thinking.. maybe she should ALWAYS just use a sabre! Even with those damn Canans (sp?)
Well... thoughts? I am going to give it a go!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DarkEpyon
post Jul 17 2003, 01:38 PM
Post #2

Revolution to the Destruction

Member No.: 21

With the canadines, you'd need to use attack techs to bring them down to your level. But if you're going to shun attack techs altogether, then you'll just have to wait till they do decide to come down.

--------------------

"Computers are incredibly fast, accurate and stupid. Human beings are incredibly slow, inaccurate and brilliant. Together they are powerful beyond imagination."
-Albert Einstein

+Quote Post
Dive
post Jul 17 2003, 01:57 PM
Post #3

Antarctica Traffic Control

Group: Dark Templar
Member No.: 1

I think he meant a single weapon type. If you want to do this you should do C-Mode and get an S-Rank Saber.

[subliminal message]play cmode[/subliminal message]

evilking.gif

+Quote Post
Layrinn
post Jul 17 2003, 02:48 PM
Post #4

Grand Armor

Group: Associates
Member No.: 15

Interesting idea, scu... though I would pick something a little more useful than sabers to do it with.

Slightly off topic: Does anyone remember "cave-man" rules? You know... where you start up a game and go down to Ragol buck nekkid and only fight with what you find. =D We should do that sometime...

+Quote Post
DarkEpyon
post Jul 17 2003, 03:01 PM
Post #5

Revolution to the Destruction

Member No.: 21

QUOTE (Layrinn @ Jul 17 2003, 03:48 PM)
Slightly off topic: Does anyone remember "cave-man" rules? You know... where you start up a game and go down to Ragol buck nekkid and only fight with what you find. =D We should do that sometime...

Yeah, I did that a few times with my old DreamStation buds back in v1. Except we called it "DreamMode" back then. We also had it where we couldn't use gi or ra techs, and no shifta/deband/jellen/zalure.

--------------------

"Computers are incredibly fast, accurate and stupid. Human beings are incredibly slow, inaccurate and brilliant. Together they are powerful beyond imagination."
-Albert Einstein

+Quote Post
unitself
post Jul 17 2003, 03:25 PM
Post #6

green and square

"Rinn, I do rememberr that!
It sounded like a great idea. And you could heal, but if you actually died, you couldn't use a scape or a resta to revive yourself with. You had to create a new character.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Jul 17 2003, 04:57 PM
Post #7

Holding these random memories

Group: Magister
Member No.: 8

I remember the caveman mode too. IIRC you could use "club"s if you found em beigelaugh.gif

Back before v2 came out I would also participate in "hardcore" play where you created a new character, could only use items you found, only play online, only play with other "hardcore" players, and if you died you had to make a new character. It was a lot of fun, but some dorks would lie about not dying just so they could be the highest ranked.

Another crazy thing we did was play VH ruins with ONLY negative dark % slicers. It probably took like 30 minutes to beat DF, even though we were all level 100 beigelaugh.gif

--------------------

Steam: MrCrushin PSN : MrCrushin XBL: Mr Crushin
I'm not a playa I just crush a lot.

+Quote Post
HC82
post Jul 17 2003, 10:50 PM
Post #8

Badass Billionaire Extraordanaire

Member No.: 4

If you want my opinion, I think Sonic Team was inspired to create Challange Mode due to the sudden popularity with the "cave man/Live of The land/Hardcore" style of playing. This was fairly popular through the entire PSO community. They did add BA due to everyone wanting to stab each other with a saber.

+Quote Post
Ether
post Jul 17 2003, 11:02 PM
Post #9

+4 HP

Group: AT Certified
Member No.: 41

QUOTE (Crushinator @ Jul 17 2003, 05:57 PM)
I remember the caveman mode too. IIRC you could use "club"s if you found em beigelaugh.gif

Back before v2 came out I would also participate in "hardcore" play where you created a new character, could only use items you found, only play online, only play with other "hardcore" players, and if you died you had to make a new character. It was a lot of fun, but some dorks would lie about not dying just so they could be the highest ranked.

Another crazy thing we did was play VH ruins with ONLY negative dark % slicers. It probably took like 30 minutes to beat DF, even though we were all level 100 beigelaugh.gif

Hahaha I remember all of those, only did the first one though. I remember doing a caveman game in vhard forest, and a bit before the dragon I found a club, and we all started laughing. I got to use it cuz I was the weak FOnewearl, now tribe leader shades.gif

Another one I did with a few people was a no items, no techs game in vhard ruins. The one thing anyone was allowed to use was reverser. Needless to say, it took forever, and I'm not sure if we beat falz beigebiggrin.gif

+Quote Post
sessej
post Jul 18 2003, 01:03 AM
Post #10

Armor

Group: Associates
Member No.: 17

I remember doing that with Iceblink a lot. Doing V hard ruins with what ever we found. Only simple techs, allowing for resta between rooms if we had the tech. heh

--------------------
www.gamingcow.com

Mooooooo!

+Quote Post
unitself
post Jul 18 2003, 09:58 AM
Post #11

green and square

haha! Well, it sounds like we all (most) remember this. It'd be a blast to give it a go sometime!

Anyway.. back to the one weapon thing. I like the way it sounds. It's like a "signature" thing. Although, it does get a little old after awhile, always swinging the same sword, or shooting the same Varista. :D

Spice!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Knightsword
post Aug 10 2003, 06:11 PM
Post #12

Mistress of Red Magic

Group: Arbiter Caste
Member No.: 53

As for the single weapon type I started to use my rika's claw which stat-wise out classes my d-cannon. Heck with no hit %s it still has a higher ata then my 20% hit d-cannon. Also the stat boost to all stats is nice too.
I'm glad ST had enough common sense to make at least some of the single type weapons useful.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 03:47 PM