Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Pet Peeves, >_<
Guest_Zio_*
post Apr 14 2004, 07:59 AM
Post #1

Guests

I don't think I saw a topic on this so I decided to make one. Just wondering what some of your peoples biggest pet peeves are. There are many for me but I'll list the two main ones.
1) I can't stand when people are to poor to type out a full word like you(u) or are [r] or something of that nature.
2) This one is stupid but I can't stand when my family leaves extra time on the microwave >_< when they make something and put it in for a minute and just open it but don't hit cancel and theres like 30 seconds left on it and everytime I wanna know what time it is I look at the microwave. beigelaugh.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Layrinn
post Apr 14 2004, 08:25 AM
Post #2

Grand Armor

Group: Associates
Member No.: 15

#1: People who gripe excessively... >.>;

+Quote Post
AC9breaker
post Apr 14 2004, 11:36 AM
Post #3

Soul Hunter

Group: Magister
Member No.: 23

*1 My brain. - I think there are gaps in my brain since I cant seem to get things right. Ill have a sentence in my head like " Man did you see that guy!?" and end up typing "Manm di dsee see Guy!?!?" or I'll be holding a pen in my hand and I'll be asking myself, "where the hell did I put it?" Not only that but, I try reading the dictionary to expand my vernacular on a weekly basis. But it seems like everytime I learn a knew word I forget to spell something easy like "always" or "wednesday". X_X (Is surprised he got it right)

*2 Slow Drivers- I dunno I like going fast. =/

*3 Stupid People- I dont think I need to enlighten everyone on this topic except that basically this combined with 1 and two means I hate myself. =/

--------------------
"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

--an Excerpt from a Night Lords Novel Void Stalkers Chapter X: Revenge

+Quote Post
Dorian
post Apr 14 2004, 01:13 PM
Post #4

Local 804

Member No.: 66

I guess I really don't have any pet peeves. But if I had to pick one, it would be:

People who automatically assume they're right.

Common people, open your mind.

"There are far more things on Heaven and Earth Horatio....."

+Quote Post
Omar
post Apr 14 2004, 01:25 PM
Post #5

Soul Frame

Member No.: 108

"There are far more things on Heaven and Earth Horatio....."

ok i know i knwo this is prob wrong (but hah im avoiding your pet peeve as i dont even think im right)

but is that from Hamlet?

pet peeve?

i hate people who call me immature.. but like in a large crowd and loud.. like in a classroom.. like if i say something.. a girl will just like scream at me.. omg omar your so fucking immature or tells me to shut up and grow up.., but correct me if im wrong... aren't they acting immature? dont they need to stfu? why do you have to yell? you cant walk up to me and say it nicely? instead of making yourself look like a stupid bitch...

BAH!

megaman-run.gif

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Apr 14 2004, 03:35 PM
Post #6

Holding these random memories

Group: Magister
Member No.: 8

You guys already hit on 2 of mine, the "leave time on the microwave when its done" thing, and "people assuming they are right".

Other big ones of mine are:

Pretentious people.

Retarded anime fans.

People that make up bullshit exaggerations to sound more impressive.

My peantbutter touching the jelly (or vice versa) at any point BEFORE I put both sides of the sandwich together.

I can probably come up with a lot more later...

--------------------

Steam: MrCrushin PSN : MrCrushin XBL: Mr Crushin
I'm not a playa I just crush a lot.

+Quote Post
Astrid
post Apr 14 2004, 03:42 PM
Post #7

Hyper Frame

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 67

QUOTE (Layrinn @ Apr 14 2004, 08:25 AM)
#1:  People who gripe excessively... >.>;

Hehehe. Ironic, isn't it? beigebigrazz.gif

Anyway, let's get this baby started *cracks knuckles*:

I think first and foremost, I despise traditional male/female behavior. You all know what I mean, right? Those idiotic, cutesy, giggly girls who love stuffed animals and kiddie anime above all else. The type who would purposely appear weak and somewhat stupid just to get a guy to like them. They're a bad reflection on me. On the opposite end, I despise refridgerator-looking macho guys who think that crying would make them less of a man and a girl with any sign of intelligence would emasculate them. The kind that would pick on anyone with the slightest advantage over them, and put them down for it, so they can feel like they're more of a "man." Some people deserve to be shot with my arrows -_-

I understand that in -- for lack of a better term, "primitive," -- societies, the man was considered the hunter and the woman was a nurturer, because she had maternal instinct and was able to give birth. The male would therefore have to be stronger, smarter, and more cunning, to trap his prey. The woman, on the other hand, became said prey. She would have to be the polar opposite of their fallic counterparts: dolled up, dumb and weak.

This behavior transcended into later, aristocratic societies. The man's education would be far more advanced, while the females would have barely enough to hold the mark of an aristicrat. Instead, her role was to attract a fitting man to take care of her, and dish out as many capable, male babies as possible. In taking his last name, she symbolically and literally became his property. This is why I refuse to take a guy's last name, by the way.

What bothers me the most is that people still continue this today: girls acting like weak retards to attract the opposite sex, and guys acting like he-men, violent pricks because they think it'll get them laid. After all, we are biologically crafted for reproduction, which is why so many people place sex above all else. It's what Kant (not that I'm a fan) would call being "a slave to one's desires." People who act this way today just help to perpetuate this behavior. So, yeah, I hate girls who twirl their hair and guys who flex their biceps. beigebigrazz.gif

Anyway, um, narrowminded people, especially in reference to spirituality. Usually strict atheists and very religious, dogmatic people get on my nerves. I don't mind if they're able to discuss concepts outside their realm of beliefs, though. For instance, I love atheists who can discuss a higher-benevolent being without jumping down your threat about their lack of existence, and I similarly love religious folk who can believe that evolution exists, and aren't overly critical of independent thinking.

Wow, 'Rinn's gonna hate me.. hehehe :D

I dislike people who don't like to think, claiming that they've done it all day in school, or something of that matter. What do you think you were given a mind for? beigebigrazz.gif Use it! I also can't stand pretentious people, who can't even fathom the concept of being wrong. Nobody's perfect. Gah, I think this list is long enough ...

Hehehe. There's a lot more I have to say, but I'll prolly get on your nerves. Heh heh.

EDIT:

I thought of more. Now, I'm kind of a nature freak. I need greenery to feel at peace, which is why the city's driving me nuts. I can't stand people who think that cutting down forests and releasing more methane into the atmosphere is a great idea, because it'll help the economy. I especially hate it when a rainforest is concerned. Great, we'll all be breathing smog so that a few politicians can own parts of tropical islands. The worst thing is that we're not the one's suffering. We have air conditioners and other ways to deflect global warming, even though we and some parts of Europe are creating the problem. Places like Latin America are the ones suffering. >:/

Also, it bothers me that half the earth's fertile surface is covered in cow-farms. I love beef and all, but that's a bit rediculous. Anyway, that's all .. for now :D

--------------------
"So this Zealot comes to my door, all glazed eyes and clean reproductive organs, asking me if I ever think about God. So I tell him I killed God. I tracked God down like a rabid dog, hacked off his legs with a hedge trimmer, raped him with a corncob and boiled off his corpse in an acid bath. So he pulls an alternating-current taser on me and tells me that only the Official Serbian Church of Tesla can save my polyphase intrinsic electric field, known to non-engineers as 'the soul.' So I hit him. What would you do?" -- Warren Ellis, Transmetropolitan

+Quote Post
Merodi
post Apr 14 2004, 03:53 PM
Post #8

Armor

Member No.: 136

Hmm...I'm not fond of fake girls who have hidden agendas, take five hours to put on makeup, and believe shopping for clothes is a higher art form.

I hate the high school society where it seems the richer and more popular look down upon everyone else and seemed to have more influence on certain teachers due to kiss -bum- ness.

I'm not fond of flaunting richness, though I do respect that if one has worked hard for their money and just didn't get a hand me down (but if they did and they don't brag then it's okay) that they can endulge themselves every once in a while.

Umm...I know I'm peeved at other things, but right now I'm brainfried ^.^ I'm peeved when I get that way too, does that count?

+Quote Post
Guest_Zio_*
post Apr 14 2004, 04:01 PM
Post #9

Guests

QUOTE (Chimaera @ Apr 14 2004, 03:42 PM)
QUOTE (Layrinn @ Apr 14 2004, 08:25 AM)
#1:  People who gripe excessively... >.>;

What bothers me the most is that people still continue this today: girls acting like weak retards to attract the opposite sex, and guys acting like he-men, violent pricks because they think it'll get them laid. After all, we are biologically crafted for reproduction, which is why so many people place sex above all else. It's what Kant (not that I'm a fan) would call being "a slave to one's desires." People who act this way today just help to perpetuate this behavior. So, yeah, I hate girls who twirl their hair and guys who flex their biceps. beigebigrazz.gif

lol I didn't know this would be a 5 page report on pet peeves =P Anyway yeah I know some people like that and the little girly routine gets annoying. I'll be doing homework or something in class and some girl will try to do something sexy or cute to get answers from me...uhhhh I think Zios answer is "NO!" That doesn't cut it by me, sometimes I don't even really let my friends cheat off my papers.

+Quote Post
Retehi
post Apr 14 2004, 04:06 PM
Post #10

Show-off

Group: Arbiter Caste
Member No.: 10

QUOTE (Crushinator @ Apr 14 2004, 03:35 PM)
Retarded anime fans.

Well Crush nailed it for me. >_>

Other things that bug me, but I don't like griping much about them, I hate sounding like a morning episode of Maury Povich. mog.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Vega
post Apr 14 2004, 04:14 PM
Post #11

Frame

Member No.: 145

Seriously, I hate phones. They are the devil's invention (http://www.alcyone.com/max/lit/devils/t.html ) and will be the downfall of not only American society, but the world as we know it as well. That and sweatpants. Those are unspeakably worse.

You know what else pisses me off? The sky. It takes up a lot of space that can be used for other, less vacant things. China is an over-populated country, and if the sky didn't hold a fucking monopoly on itself, we'd all have a lot more space. Also, I don't trust something that large looming over my head every second of the day.

Frozen pizza. It's great and all, but for some reason I can't cook it without burning it to death. It's like, I'll put one in for two minutes, and it'll come out a molten black Frisbee of carbon. Maybe that's just because I suck at cooking, but frozen pizzas vex me because they claim to be easy to cook.

I'm sure there's more, but that's all that's bothering me at the immediate moment.

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
Astrid
post Apr 14 2004, 04:16 PM
Post #12

Hyper Frame

QUOTE (Vega @ Apr 14 2004, 04:14 PM)
Seriously, I hate phones. They are the devil's invention (http://www.alcyone.com/max/lit/devils/t.html ) and will be the downfall of not only American society, but the world as we know it as well. That and sweatpants. Those are unspeakably worse.

You know what else pisses me off? The sky. It takes up a lot of space that can be used for other, less vacant things. China is an over-populated country, and if the sky didn't hold a fucking monopoly on itself, we'd all have a lot more space. Also, I don't trust something that large looming over my head every second of the day.

Frozen pizza. It's great and all, but for some reason I can't cook it without burning it to death. It's like, I'll put one in for two minutes, and it'll come out a molten black Frisbee of carbon. Maybe that's just because I suck at cooking, but frozen pizzas vex me because they claim to be easy to cook.

I'm sure there's more, but that's all that's bothering me at the immediate moment.

I was never able to successfully cook frozen pizzas, either. Then again, I've also burnt Ramen in the past beigebigrazz.gif

--------------------
"So this Zealot comes to my door, all glazed eyes and clean reproductive organs, asking me if I ever think about God. So I tell him I killed God. I tracked God down like a rabid dog, hacked off his legs with a hedge trimmer, raped him with a corncob and boiled off his corpse in an acid bath. So he pulls an alternating-current taser on me and tells me that only the Official Serbian Church of Tesla can save my polyphase intrinsic electric field, known to non-engineers as 'the soul.' So I hit him. What would you do?" -- Warren Ellis, Transmetropolitan

+Quote Post
Merodi
post Apr 14 2004, 04:26 PM
Post #13

Armor

Member No.: 136

Frozen Pizza I've never been successful with...neither have I been too successful with popcorn. Too little, and I get all these little wasted kernals and hard as nails popcorn, too much...and well, I get this burnt awful smelling garbage I have to eat cause I hate to waste what I had to buy >.<

+Quote Post
Rogue
post Apr 14 2004, 04:57 PM
Post #14

Hyper Frame

Member No.: 7

In real life: people using my computer, or more specifically, my brother deciding to try to write a 5 page paper the night before it's due when I have to study for an exam myself the next day.

In games: when I save a low level's ass they think I'm PLing them. I cast Cure on you a few times, that does NOT mean you can pull 5 orcs and expect me to plug you into my side all night. Jeez... -.-

And what's sad is I would feel terrible if I let them die -.-

+Quote Post
Astrid
post Apr 14 2004, 05:42 PM
Post #15

Hyper Frame

Added more:

Of course there's more! I can't stand people who make up words to sound more intelligent, or use big words incorrectly. Chances are, if some hears you say "the paradox in my life is very antidisestablishmentarianism, which is very enlightening and furthermore surreptitious, proverbially" you'll make yourself sound like a bigger idiot than before you opened your mouth. That is, of course, unless the person you're talking to has the cumulative IQ of a pineapple.

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 01:49 AM