usernames.. :), special meanings..
DivA
post Jun 6 2004, 07:54 AM
Post #1

Deus-Ex MachinA

Group: Neophyte Caste
Member No.: 44

topic of the moment : usernames

our names or identities far away from that which is given unto us at birth ~ but, are we content with what our parents thought we should be called? for myself, not so much.. =. i'm more the advocate in believing in power within a name, & having a singular name means far more to your's truly than a first, last & middle name all squeezed into one..

perhaps some enjoy more than one & more power to those that do; but i prefer simplicity, so one works far better than three.. ;p *muses* now comes the interesting part for those that read, what is the special meaning behind your username(s) & why did you choose them for use at ~athq?

ja' ;)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Jun 6 2004, 08:25 AM
Post #2

Holding these random memories

Group: Magister
Member No.: 8

I'm Crushinator because during the summer of 1999 Diablo 2 came out, I picked a Barbarian, and I needed a name to fit with his play style. Futurama had just started the previous TV season, and being a big robot fan, and an even bigger Bender fan, the choice was obvious.

"Aw Bender, you didn't go back for the Crushinator, did ya?"

I ended up using it on PSO for the HUcast, and have stuck with it as my "Official" internet handle since then.

--------------------

Steam: MrCrushin PSN : MrCrushin XBL: Mr Crushin
I'm not a playa I just crush a lot.

+Quote Post
DarkEpyon
post Jun 6 2004, 08:34 AM
Post #3

Revolution to the Destruction

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 21

DarkEpyon - I'd been using the name Exdeath for a while (then changed it to X-Deth, then X-Deth2000). I eventually grew weary of it. I came up with this back in the beginning of 2000 before Gundam Wing got as big as it did. I tacked "dark" at the beginnig because I knew there would be a slew of Epyons running about. It also fits the fact I have a dark and morbid sense of humor. I used to have it spelt DaRkEpYoN, but it got annoying typing it out like that, and I took some heat for it.

--------------------

"Computers are incredibly fast, accurate and stupid. Human beings are incredibly slow, inaccurate and brilliant. Together they are powerful beyond imagination."
-Albert Einstein

+Quote Post
Retehi
post Jun 6 2004, 03:12 PM
Post #4

Show-off

Group: Arbiter Caste
Member No.: 10

Needed a name for my net usage when I got my Dreamcast back in the day. . had Retehi in mind already, but used Lt. Sid mostly on PSO. Use mostly Sgt. Retehi for forums, and my AIM name now a days.

Though I use RDfox for all FPS/RTS gaming, used that handle since lan Quake on macs back in school. beigelaugh.gif:

Wasn't hard to make the name at first, I like being creative with names really.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Knightsword
post Jun 6 2004, 03:38 PM
Post #5

Mistress of Red Magic

Group: Arbiter Caste
Member No.: 53

My user name comes from the first DnD character I made some 13 years ago. It was the last name, they first being Link. (Ya, I'm a doof.)

+Quote Post
Omar
post Jun 6 2004, 07:20 PM
Post #6

Soul Frame

Group: Associates
Member No.: 108

my name is my name...

hah i win!

+Quote Post
Nynaeve
post Jun 7 2004, 03:52 AM
Post #7

Soul Frame

Group: AT Certified
Member No.: 137

Picked up PSO on the day it came out (was a birthday present actually). Had also just started getting addicted to the Wheel of Time series. Have 2 favorite characters in that series...in my complete non-unique way of doing things (ie. I have no imagination) and my attraction to the magic classes, I created "Nynaeve". Then when I wanted a second character, and it had to be Pinkal, I used the PSOW class generator thing, and Faile Aybara fit. Other family members created "Lord Perrin", "Lan", and "Galadedred". *grin*

How original, huh?

Of course, as I'm not the only one lacking in imagination, both Nynaeve and Faile were taken on FFXI, so I fudged the spelling for my character...but otherwise, I've stuck with "Nynaeve", which everyone shortened to "Nyn", since...oh god, when did PSO come out? *grin*

+Quote Post
tanshin
post Jun 7 2004, 04:45 AM
Post #8

Drunken Ninja Master Thug

Member No.: 80

I've read the first 5 books in wheel of time series, and Nynaeve is one of the more...interesting characters. beigebiggrin.gif

My name is just the japanese word for alone. Big deal.

--------------------

dueling, remade for modern audiences

+Quote Post
Dive
post Jun 7 2004, 05:49 AM
Post #9

Antarctica Traffic Control

Group: Dark Templar
Member No.: 1

I stole my name from an obscure Industrial band from Belgium.

Why did I choose to use it? It just came to mind one time when I was signing up for some site long ago. It has stuck since then, and it seems to fit me for some reason.

beigebiggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Nynaeve
post Jun 7 2004, 06:20 AM
Post #10

Soul Frame

Member No.: 137

QUOTE (tanshin @ Jun 7 2004, 04:45 AM)
I've read the first 5 books in wheel of time series, and Nynaeve is one of the more...interesting characters. beigebiggrin.gif

beigelaugh.gif

That's putting it mildly. Thus my interest in her. Takes no crap from anyone. (I wish! But that's my aim at least... *grin*)

+Quote Post
AC9breaker
post Jun 7 2004, 07:28 AM
Post #11

Soul Hunter

Group: Magister
Member No.: 23

I use to be Van then after curroption on PSO switched to Lord Folken. I got those names from the "Escaflowne" anime one of my favorite animes. After another flurries of curroption I went with AC9Breaker and have stuck with it since.
Fits me better since it is my E-mail address and I am rather fond of the Armored Core series. Although Im not a huge fanatic like Ive seen on other websites I consider my self a pretty big fan of it.
AC9Breaker is the rank given to top ranked pilot in the arena where pilots battle with giant stell behemoths for glory. Whats also cool about it is that one of my favorite hip hop artist "Common sense" has a song called "Breaker 1/9" which is like a chill back get high type of song. Yea, just a few useless facts. luna.gif

--------------------
"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

--an Excerpt from a Night Lords Novel Void Stalkers Chapter X: Revenge

+Quote Post
Afroforce
post Jun 7 2004, 08:40 AM
Post #12

DAT ASS.

Member No.: 103

Um, when I started forum hopping 3 years ago, I had to think of a name, at this time I was creating my FOnewm who I also named Afroforce... Voila

--------------------

+Quote Post
Astrid
post Jun 7 2004, 10:01 AM
Post #13

Hyper Frame

Member No.: 67

When writing, one of the hardest things for me to do has always been to name my characters. They had to be symbolic, but also pleasing to the ear. Upon searching for 'strength' in an online baby names search, I stumbled upon Astrid, which means "of unusual strength and beauty." The latter is completely useless to me, but the former is very appealing.

Since then, Astrid's stuck.

--------------------
"So this Zealot comes to my door, all glazed eyes and clean reproductive organs, asking me if I ever think about God. So I tell him I killed God. I tracked God down like a rabid dog, hacked off his legs with a hedge trimmer, raped him with a corncob and boiled off his corpse in an acid bath. So he pulls an alternating-current taser on me and tells me that only the Official Serbian Church of Tesla can save my polyphase intrinsic electric field, known to non-engineers as 'the soul.' So I hit him. What would you do?" -- Warren Ellis, Transmetropolitan

+Quote Post
Gabriell
post Jun 7 2004, 11:58 AM
Post #14

Giga Frame

Member No.: 112

I used the name BlackWolf in this native american pioneer-era simulation we did in 3rd grade. I was using it as a screenname and website title since the 4th, but back then I was on AOL, and I had to shorten my SN, so I took out the c, which is why everyone calls me blak. So I've been using this SN for umm, 8 or 9 years? heh.

Gabriell came from just wanting to use a totally unrelated handle for ffxi. I used the first thing that came to my head, which was Gabe. However, I think I spelled it using the more feminine version, so people call me "Gabs" and "Gabby" instead of "Gabe", haha. But it's ok. guitarist.gif

--------------------
<CENTER>BlakWolf - Gabriell <BR>Level 46 WAR / 22 MNK / 20 PAL / 19 THF / 15 SAM</CENTER>

+Quote Post
Azrael
post Jun 7 2004, 12:13 PM
Post #15

Busy In Hell

Group: Neophyte Caste
Member No.: 51

Azrael was one of the names I cam across when I was looking for a Pinkal name for my FOmar on PSO. I can't remember ifI ever used it or if it got Pinkal. Jeiran was a name I came up with when I was playing FF10 for the main character. I've also used this in PSO.

--------------------
user posted image
PSO BB:PSO BB Chars: Fred lv77 HUnewearl
Aquarius-X lv10 RAmarl
Watch DScc in action at DScc Vision Az

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 11:53 AM