Reply to this topicStart new topic
1st debate.. ^.-, where do you stand?
DivA
post Jul 11 2003, 04:48 PM
Post #1

Deus-Ex MachinA

Group: Neophyte Caste
Member No.: 44

who would win in a fight ~ Star Wars or Star Trek?
~this includes any & all elements from both universes.. ;p
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bryn
post Jul 11 2003, 08:17 PM
Post #2

Nothing but the rain.

Group: Arbiter Caste
Member No.: 5

Star Wars universe wins, hands down.

Star Trek has some pretty nifty weaponry, and the technology is more highly advanced than Star Wars, but when push comes to shove, no amount of disrupters, phasers, bat‘leths, photon torpedoes, and what-have-you, can possibly match up to the power of the Force. It’s the one true tactical edge Star Wars will always have over Star Trek.

+Quote Post
Retehi
post Jul 11 2003, 09:48 PM
Post #3

Show-off

Member No.: 10

Star Trek.

Cause I flipped a coin. mog.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Jul 12 2003, 06:17 AM
Post #4

Holding these random memories

Group: Magister
Member No.: 8

Doesn't Star Trek have Q or some shit? Can't he just make yoda like, dead in one thought, no matter how much force power he has? bash.gif

And isn't Star Wars in the past and Star Trek in the future? So like...all the star wars guys are long dead...dead men can't fight. Unless they are zombies. I don't know how photon torpedoes work against zombies.

--------------------

Steam: MrCrushin PSN : MrCrushin XBL: Mr Crushin
I'm not a playa I just crush a lot.

+Quote Post
Mute
post Jul 12 2003, 06:17 AM
Post #5

Sunbro

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 25

You kidding? Star Wars has got Jedi. Star Trek has got... umm... Spok. Star Wars wins first round knockout. No contest. ;-)

--------------------
PSN ID: USF_Tailgater
Xbox Live: USF Tailgater

+Quote Post
Bryn
post Jul 12 2003, 10:47 AM
Post #6

Nothing but the rain.

Member No.: 5

QUOTE (Crushinator @ Jul 12 2003, 07:17 AM)
Doesn't Star Trek have Q or some shit?  Can't he just make yoda like, dead in one thought, no matter how much force power he has?

The downside to this is that the Q are kinda flighty and usually only do things on a whim. Since they didn't seem to care too much if the Borg wiped out all humanity, I doubt they would bother for a Star Wars invasion. beigeroll.gif

However, I forgot that since EP 1 & 2 came out, the Force is no longer a bad ass mystical power, but only a scientific phenomenon that anyone with a high enough Midichlorian count can utilize. The science of Star Trek would easily be able to isolate the Midichlorian symbiants, and find a way to neutralize them, rendering the Force inaccessible.

I reverse my opinion. Star Trek would win. (But only because George Lucas got twisted and decided to make the Force suck.)

+Quote Post
DivA
post Jul 12 2003, 11:17 AM
Post #7

Deus-Ex MachinA

*nods* i would have to agree that Star Trek would own Star Wars - true, the Empire is formidable, but if the Borg decide to assimilate them, then there would be no contest - 1 death star against hundreds of borg-cubes equals an Empire assimilated.. king.gif

+Quote Post
Layrinn
post Jul 12 2003, 04:26 PM
Post #8

Grand Armor

Group: Associates
Member No.: 15

Whatever... so what if Lucas is on crack. For those of us who saw the first StarWars movies when we were little kids, the Force will always be that wonderful and mysterious power. Don't lose faith, Bryn.

StarWars would totally kick the snot out of StarTrek. Borg + Jedi with lightsaber = dead borg. And let's look at fleet strength. How many federation ships have you ever seen in one place at one time? A dozen or two, maybe? Put them up against the scores of Rebel Alliance capital ships and their hordes of fighters and I doubt they'd last too long. And I think the Empire could hold their own against the Borg. Sure, they only have one Death Star... but they also have a fleet of Star Destroyers and a throng of TIE fighters.

And this is the final straw: Yoda would own Kirk so hard... Kirk would be left huddling in a corner singing "Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds". ;p

+Quote Post
Dive
post Jul 13 2003, 06:13 AM
Post #9

Antarctica Traffic Control

Group: Dark Templar
Member No.: 1

ok ok I have decided to join this discussion. I am a fan of both Star Wars and Star Trek, but I favor SW a bit more. Here are my ideas on how this would play out.

Star Wars wins this hands down. Ih you take into account the books, comics, videogames, The Empire has much more resources than the Federation, Borg, Klingons, Romulans, and all others combined. Someone mentioned the Death Star, there are actually 3 Death Stars, not to mention the Eclipse Class Star Destroyer from Dark Empire, which features a main weapon modeled from the Death Star's superlaser. Star Trek simply could not begin to match the sheer numbers and firepower at Lucas' disposal.

Borg what? The Empire simply destroys their home planet with wave upon wave of Tie Fighter bombardment or simply a light blast from the Death Star. Same goes for any other species homeplanet. The rest is simple mop up.

If the Borg decided to assimliate any Jedi, they would immmediately turn to the Dark Side, being mostly machine, and become pawns of either The Emperor or some other Sith Lord. The Borg are doomed in this battle.

The hero's of Star Trek may figure out a way to neutralize the groan Midichlororians but I am sure that Deanna Troi or Geordi would fuck this up somehow beigelaugh.gif

Q? No not really a factor here, the Q care not for the well being of the galaxy, maybe a slight interest in Jean Luc Picard. I fear Picard would be assassinated long before the end of this battle. How many times has his crew been brainfried by some whack alien race, they stand no chance against the hordes of Dark Jedi.

In the end the Dark Side of the Force wins this and any battle. evilking.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_you think so? ^.-_*
post Jul 13 2003, 08:21 AM
Post #10

Guests

QUOTE (Dive @ Jul 13 2003, 07:13 AM)
Borg what?  The Empire simply destroys their home planet with wave upon wave of Tie Fighter bombardment or simply a light blast from the Death Star.  Same goes for any other species homeplanet.  The rest is simple mop up.

*grins & cracks knucles* alright, it's time to educate you the same way i educate the trekkers - mwa, ha, ha, ha! king.gif you forget, all the Borg need do is to assimilate one Star Destroyer - once they do that, it's over; once the Borg incorporates the Empire's technology into their collective, the Borg would modify & modulate all their cubes, spheres & their beings' technology to match anything the Empire could possibly throw at them.. also, when that moment happens, all the death stars couldn't even hope to reach the outer-perimeter of the Borg hive at the Delta quadrant.. any TIE fighter would be picked off with ease, the Borg would receive no damage through the defence of their force fields..

3 death stars : hundreds of borg cubes = do the math.. ;)

the Borg would easily teleport into all death stars & have a field day on everything in their path; in short ~ the Empire would be punish so hard, they think it be a career.. teleport.gif

+Quote Post
DivA
post Jul 13 2003, 08:24 AM
Post #11

Deus-Ex MachinA

off topic ~ sorry folks, that was me for the last post; i could have sworn i logged-in, but the post says i was not ~ weird.. =.

+Quote Post
Dive
post Jul 13 2003, 08:50 AM
Post #12

Antarctica Traffic Control

Group: Dark Templar
Member No.: 1

Good one DivA, however you must know that..

"The ability to assmiiliate an Imperial Star Destroyer is insignificant next to the power of the force."

A solitary Jedi could wreak havoc against the Borg, now take into account hundreds of Jedi all acting in unison to smite the Collective. Never mind the Lightsabers, they could all just telekinetic kill any Borg in their path.

+Quote Post
DivA
post Jul 13 2003, 09:43 AM
Post #13

Deus-Ex MachinA

QUOTE (Dive @ Jul 13 2003, 09:50 AM)
A solitary Jedi could wreak havoc against the Borg, now take into account hundreds of Jedi all acting in unison to smite the Collective.  Never mind the Lightsabers, they could all just telekinetic kill any Borg in their path.

ah, but once the Borg scans & compiles all data regarding the Empire ~ the Borg will learn the existence of jedi, sith & their "mysterious" force & that will become the next target to further enhance the Borg collective mind.. out of curiosity, the Borg would want to acquire, understand & incorporate this ability into their vast arsenal of goodies.. the 2 likely targets will be both sith lord & apprentice - now, of course the sith could do damage through the force, but neither are strong enough to challenge the might of the entire collective - this will become a numbers game that sith shall ultimately fall to.. the Borg is open for business 24/7 ~ the sith have to rest sometime.. =}

oh yes, both siths will fall & become incorporated into Borg; then the jedi would be in a world of hurt, for the Borg will give the jedi council the guided tour ~ Borg soldiers armed with the force, that would be something.. O.o last point - light-saber technology would become useless once assimilation is successful, again the Borg's force-field defences would be modulated to block any jedis' strikes.. ^.-

+Quote Post
Mute
post Jul 13 2003, 02:13 PM
Post #14

Sunbro

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 25

Bleh, the Force is not something that I believe can be "assimilated." I like the whole Borg assimilation thing and all but I'm by no way gonna yield to them as some ultimate power. Aren't they still some sort of machine when it comes down to it all? That Dark Jedi lightning skill will just short em all out before they can "assimilate defense methods." beigebiggrin.gif Not to mention, a sith lord and an apprentice are more resourceful than falling to a bunch of Borg. In the end, you got yourself a bunch of mangled bio-machines, and two laughing jedi. ^_^

--------------------
PSN ID: USF_Tailgater
Xbox Live: USF Tailgater

+Quote Post
DivA
post Jul 13 2003, 02:46 PM
Post #15

Deus-Ex MachinA

QUOTE (Mute @ Jul 13 2003, 03:13 PM)
Bleh, the Force is not something that I believe can be "assimilated." I like the whole Borg assimilation thing and all but I'm by no way gonna yield to them as some ultimate power. Aren't they still some sort of machine when it comes down to it all? That Dark Jedi lightning skill will just short em all out before they can "assimilate defense methods." beigebiggrin.gif Not to mention, a sith lord and an apprentice are more resourceful than falling to a bunch of Borg. In the end, you got yourself a bunch of mangled bio-machines, and two laughing jedi. ^_^

interesting, now that's interesting ~ if that be the case, & if we look at the force as mystical, then explain how Darth Vader could wield it - especially when he is mostly all machine.. =. the Borg are also a fusion of mechanical & organic material ~ if Darth Vader could wield the force, then so could the Borg - once the collective figures out how.. ^.- also, as the 'ol saying goes - the sith can run, but they cannot hide for long.. =)

the force is not completely mystical ~ like many things before it - science can figure out a way to explain, & ultimately - replicate it..

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:14 PM