IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Blizzard's 5 yeah plans leaked, Starcraft, Warcraft, Diablo and... Titan?
Crushinator
post Dec 9 2010, 06:14 PM
Post #1

Holding these random memories

Group: Magister
Member No.: 8

http://www.next-gen.biz/news/blizzards-five-year-plan-leaked

So I guess we're getting Diablo 3 and SC2: Heart of the Swarm fall/winter next year, if everything stays on schedule. Also confirming 2 expansion packs in the pipe for D3, and I'm not complaining.

Any guesses on what "SC2 Phoenix" is? DLC campaign? Spinoff game? Maybe a console project in the SC universe? A colony-wars esque space fighter game using Phoenix craft (and other SC2 spacecraft) would be pretty badass.

Lots of rumors pointing to "TITAN" being Blizzard's MMO project to succeed WoW.

--------------------

Steam: MrCrushin PSN : MrCrushin XBL: Mr Crushin
I'm not a playa I just crush a lot.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Scan_Man
post Dec 10 2010, 05:05 AM
Post #2

Grand Armor

Group: AT Certified
Member No.: 71

Lets see if we can connect the dots here.

Blizzard's next mmo has been long rumored to be a MMOFPS.

Titan was the project name for the Halo MMO.

The company doing the Halo MMO was named Ensemble Studios. That studio was shut down. Greg Street was a designer at Ensemble Studios and left to become the lead systems designer in World of Warcraft .

Activision-Blizzard has a 10 year publishing deal with Bungie.

So to speculate: We could be getting a resurrected Halo MMO. However, it will likely be called something else because Microsoft owns the rights to Halo. Or there is the possibility of a deal or partnership to the rights of Halo for the MMO. Kind of like what is going on with Bioware and EA working out a deal with LucasArts to do The Old Republic MMO.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Dec 10 2010, 11:37 AM
Post #3

QUOTE(Scan_Man @ Dec 10 2010, 04:05 AM) *
Lets see if we can connect the dots here.

Blizzard's next mmo has been long rumored to be a MMOFPS.

Titan was the project name for the Halo MMO.

The company doing the Halo MMO was named Ensemble Studios. That studio was shut down. Greg Street was a designer at Ensemble Studios and left to become the lead systems designer in World of Warcraft .

Activision-Blizzard has a 10 year publishing deal with Bungie.

So to speculate: We could be getting a resurrected Halo MMO. However, it will likely be called something else because Microsoft owns the rights to Halo. Or there is the possibility of a deal or partnership to the rights of Halo for the MMO. Kind of like what is going on with Bioware and EA working out a deal with LucasArts to do The Old Republic MMO.

I find your theories intriguing, and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

--------------------

+Quote Post
AC9breaker
post Dec 15 2010, 12:28 AM
Post #4

Soul Hunter

Member No.: 23

I'm hoping Phoenix is some sort of Starfox like shooter. That would be amazing.

Ashame nothing about Ghost, that game seemed like it would have been really cool. Or what if Titan is actually an MMO in the Starcraft universe? Since it seems there's a Warhammer 40k MMO game in the works why not compete with them in that setting by releasing a Starcraft MMO around the same time too?

--------------------
"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

--an Excerpt from a Night Lords Novel Void Stalkers Chapter X: Revenge

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Dec 15 2010, 02:11 AM
Post #5

If they make a First or Third-person shooter-MMO set in the SC universe, and have it helmed by Bungie... I'm in.

--------------------

+Quote Post
AC9breaker
post Dec 16 2010, 01:20 PM
Post #6

Soul Hunter

Member No.: 23

So yeah at least we know Titan is an MMO. I'm totally guessing Starcraft MMO. Actually now that I think about it, didn't Bungie say they wanted to work on and where going to creat a brand new original IP for Activision? I mean for all we know this be an etirely new project with the doobs from Bungie and Ensamble and Blizzard doing a collborative effort although I really doubt it.

--------------------
"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

--an Excerpt from a Night Lords Novel Void Stalkers Chapter X: Revenge

+Quote Post
Scan_Man
post Dec 16 2010, 07:58 PM
Post #7

Grand Armor

Group: AT Certified
Member No.: 71

Ah yeah the new IP by Bungie. Bungie will own that IP, which is a strange deal when it comes to Activision. So what is the catch? It is a 10 year agreement. So there is plenty of time to help develop a new IP and still work on other projects Activition could want them to do.

Blizzard been talking about this new MMO since Burning Crusade came out ( they moved most of the original designers of WoW to work on the new MMO). They've said it will be a brand new IP, not Warcraft or Starcraft. Your guess is as good as mine as to what it will be. I just thought it was interesting that the project name is the same as the Halo MMO, and that there is other connections there.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 05:25 PM