Reply to this topicStart new topic
Final Fantasy Tactics and others, PSOne style
unitself
post Apr 29 2004, 01:16 PM
Post #1

green and square

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 49

I have been hearing that alot of people really liked the original Tactics game for the PS1. Now, I have FFTA for the GBA and I love it. I play almost every (work) day during lunch and I am no where near done, and that's fine by me.
So, while I was surfing around looking to see if FFT was still available and how much it costs, I ran across this beauty of a screenshot.
It just made me laugh out loud so I thought I'd share with everyone.
user posted image
I don't know why, it just makes me laugh.

I think I might actually go find a pawn shopped PS1 and get this game. There are also a bunch of others that I would love to play too. Hell, you people rave about the FF series in general, so those are on my list. I LOVED Silent Hill 2 (xbox). It'd be fun to play SH1.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Riel
post Apr 29 2004, 01:38 PM
Post #2

Guardian Armor

Member No.: 14

Unitself,if you like these kind of games and while you are looking for FFT on the PS1,keep a look out for the first Vandal Hearts,in the "genre" it's one of the best.

--------------------
============================

+Quote Post
Kazicht
post Apr 29 2004, 01:43 PM
Post #3

System Id

Member No.: 45

FFT is a great game. Its what kept me sane while waiting for FFXI to come out... just cuz the game used the same Jobs and stuff heh. But yeah, picking it up would be a good choice. And it won't feel like your playing a 'older' FFTA either. It'll be like playing another version of FFT cuz the two games are very differnt besides the battle system.

Also if you like humor + tactics, check out PS2 games like Disgaea, and up and coming titles like Le Parcell and Phantom Brave. All by the same company.

+Quote Post
HC82
post Apr 29 2004, 02:06 PM
Post #4

Badass Billionaire Extraordanaire

Member No.: 4

Kaz more or less said what I was going to say. FFT is really a game worth playing. Even now, the game is a lot of fun and would be worth the full price of 40+ bucks.

Likewise, Disgaea is another great SRPG that is filled with humor. The game is a lot of fun and a must buy for the strategy rpg fan.

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Apr 29 2004, 03:28 PM
Post #5

Holding these random memories

Group: Magister
Member No.: 8

Make sure you don't get duped by the morons that try to sell the "original" non-greatest hits FFT to you for $50 or whatever. Just pick up the GH version on the cheap and be a happier, richer man.

And along the same vein of strategy games, if you are a robot fan, DO NOT pass up Front Mission 3 (PS1). It's the real deal! Oh yeah, and you can get a free Front Mission 4 demo disc from Square-Enix if you sign up on their website, so go do it!

--------------------

Steam: MrCrushin PSN : MrCrushin XBL: Mr Crushin
I'm not a playa I just crush a lot.

+Quote Post
Mute
post Apr 29 2004, 03:36 PM
Post #6

Sunbro

Member No.: 25

Heck you may not even have to buy a pawn shopped PS1. I think the new ones are about dirt cheap these days. Plus, you should be able to find FFT for around $14.99 brand new. I highly recommend picking it up. I've never played FFTA but I do know that FFT is the real deal. The story itself is envigorating while the gameplay possibilities are endless. You can focus on leveling up random dudes or on unlocking all the secret characters and their special abilities. I spent countless hours on this game and easily consider it one of the best I've ever played. Do yourself a favor and pick this little gem up.
;)

--------------------
PSN ID: USF_Tailgater
Xbox Live: USF Tailgater

+Quote Post
FlyRobinFly
post Apr 29 2004, 04:53 PM
Post #7

Psy Armor

Group: Associates
Member No.: 91

Why go for a PS1 when used PS2s are probably available? You can pick up FFT, Silent Hill 1 and 3, and, erm... I'm sure there's other good games out there, maybe an RPG or something.... ;)

+Quote Post
unitself
post Apr 30 2004, 08:54 AM
Post #8

green and square

Member No.: 49

Cause a used PS1 is $20 beigesmile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
DivA
post Apr 30 2004, 09:10 AM
Post #9

Deus-Ex MachinA

Group: Neophyte Caste
Member No.: 44

QUOTE (unitself @ Apr 30 2004, 08:54 AM)
Cause a used PS1 is $20 beigesmile.gif

~granted, that is true - but in addition to playability of ps1 games is the vast library of exceptionable ps2 games that are definitely not worth passing up.. ^^. of the consoles thus far, i have enjoyed the experiences that ps2 has to offer, more-so than the others available & when the next-gen is due for release - me thinks this will be the way to go...sony does a good job bringing quality games to their console..

almost forgot, ~fft.. is an amazing experience & this one i must have played through completely - twice! beigesmile.gif

edit* - wow, i sound like a ps2 commercial.. ;p

+Quote Post
AC9breaker
post Apr 30 2004, 10:40 AM
Post #10

Soul Hunter

Member No.: 23

QUOTE (Crushinator @ Apr 29 2004, 03:28 PM)
Make sure you don't get duped by the morons that try to sell the "original" non-greatest hits FFT to you for $50 or whatever.  Just pick up the GH version on the cheap and be a happier, richer man.

And along the same vein of strategy games, if you are a robot fan, DO NOT pass up Front Mission 3 (PS1).  It's the real deal!  Oh yeah, and you can get a free Front Mission 4 demo disc from Square-Enix if you sign up  on their website, so go do it!

Heh, I was thinking the same thing. If your picking up strategy games you cant forget to pick up some Front Mission games. Those are truely great and, while your at it pick up Einhander. A good fast paced shooter for when you get tired of all that slow stuff.

Disgea is truely another sleeper strategy game. Hmm so many strategy games. I think eventually the same thing that happend to me will happen to you. Will grow tired of stategy games simply because it has too much content.

Final Fantasy Tactics is the only strategy game that I could say I completly beat. I did everything in that game, Even master all jobs with a few characters. But ever since that I never got into a strategy game like Final Fantasy Tactics. I have purchased a few after FFT, but then found the joy i recieved from these games decipitating. bash.gif

--------------------
"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

--an Excerpt from a Night Lords Novel Void Stalkers Chapter X: Revenge

+Quote Post
HC82
post Apr 30 2004, 04:37 PM
Post #11

Badass Billionaire Extraordanaire

Member No.: 4

I forgot about Front Mission.

Robots + strategy goodness = teh awesome

BTW, in case you haven't already done so...BUY FFT NOW!!!! Also, DivA brings up a good points. A PS1 might only be 20 bucks, but the PS2 library is filled with excellent games of all genres. I might not like Sony the company very much, but as a gamer, there are simply too many gmaes to pass up. You could then play both PS1 and PS2 games and no, that doesn't mean you have to buy FFXI just because you own a PS2.

+Quote Post
donkeybeatz
post Apr 30 2004, 10:31 PM
Post #12

McDonald's!

Member No.: 32

Speaking of PS1 games, I haven't gotten around to getting my copy of Vagrant Story =(
I so want that game.
As for FFT, I only have the GBA version. Haven't played it since I got PSO Ep.III.

Anyway, if I had a choice, I'd buy a PS1 too. My PS2 is starting to crap out on me and my PS1 games shouldn't suffer because of some Disc Read Errors guns.gif
*gets DC flashbacks*

--d-_-b

--------------------

+Quote Post
Riel
post May 1 2004, 05:57 PM
Post #13

Guardian Armor

Member No.: 14

I'm surprised nobody mentionnned this series,speaking of Strategy console RPG's,maybe it's because it's too obvious...i know HC loves the series as well.Man would i love a next generation new episode of Shining Force:

http://www.shiningforcecentral.com/

--------------------
============================

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:43 AM