Start new topic
Replies
Crushinator
post Jul 5 2012, 11:22 AM
Post #2

Holding these random memories

Group: Magister
Member No.: 8

Playing Day Z on Oddies recommendation. Spent the first day playing it dying nonstop, because apparently they just patched out any starting weapons... as a noob you have 0% survival chance even if someone tells you exactly what to do. I don't have the patience to move slowly or NOT move near zombies so its difficult starting out. After raiding tons of shacks I finally found a weapon, an AK-47. I'm finally able to kill zombies instead of get eaten by them, and just knowing I have a CHANCE to live if something goes south makes the game much more enjoyable. Its a GG but I don't know if its still worth the $30 price of admission for ArmA2. Hopefully its on sale with the Steam summer deal so more people can get it on the cheap.

I got the new Skryim DLC but when I started playing again I got sucked back into the regular quests. Something about vampires though, seems cool. I think Abe Lincoln makes a cameo.

MW3 DLC is all on sale 50% this week until the 6th, so I bought all the map packs for only 1200 MS points. Fuck a elite membership.

Diablo 3 feels completely pointless in Inferno mode, you are grinding for drops to sell on the AH to make gold to buy items that make it easier to grind/MF/GF for more drops... but if you've already bought the best equips on the AH then why do you want to get more drops? Shelved until they release the PVP mode.

I finally started playing Saints Row The Third after having it for like.... 3 months from gamefly. Good game. Will give it more attention.

Playing a lot of Magic: The Gathering: Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013 on both Steam and iPad. Being able to specify which lands you tap is great, except that in this years edition the deck variety is largely mono-colored, eliminating the need for strategic land tapping in the first place. I'm sure the expansions will have more multicolor decks, but for now it feels a little limited. They did add a lot more unlocks to each deck though, every starting deck has 30 unlocks each so you definitely have your work cut out for you if you're a completist.

The addition of planechase multiplayer mode is great, its one of my favorite ways to play FFA paper magic. They also added "encounters" to the campaign, which are matches where your opponent plays out some unreasonable, exact strategy every single time. Like every single turn he'll cast a 1/1 bird, or use the same burn spell over and over, and you have to figure out how to beat him. Unlike the regular campaign duels, there are some decks that just literally can NOT win certain encounters, so you'll have to switch up decks occasionally.

I started playing the beta of The Secret World, but it feels too much like every other MMORPG I've played combat-wise so its entirely unappealing. The quests based researching stuff and real-world knowledge seem cool, but not cool enough to devote the time it takes to play an MMO like this from me.

--------------------

Steam: MrCrushin PSN : MrCrushin XBL: Mr Crushin
I'm not a playa I just crush a lot.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:55 AM