+Quote Post
donkeybeatz
post Mar 17 2005, 02:15 AM
Post #2

McDonald's!

Group: Magister
Member No.: 32

AHHHH NEWS!!
I don't really care what platform its on, just gimme!
Judging from the pic..... Dual weilding?? Gun in one hand and saber in the other? Hrm hrm.
Only a couple more weeks till the new issue of EGM comes out.
Thanks Kyori!

Time to invest in the most kick ass video card.

EDIT: Upon further investigation, it also says....... "PS2"!
I guess this gives Mute a reason to use his HDD hahaha.

EDIT EDIT: D'oh I'm an idiot, I didn't fully read the topic description =P
Though I'll hold my breath since it could be some kind of sick joke haha.

This post has been edited by DJ_Donkey: Mar 17 2005, 02:22 AM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Riel
post Mar 17 2005, 06:45 AM
Post #3

Guardian Armor

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 14

Some guy on the TeamXbox forums yesterday said it was coming out in November,on the new XBox with 65 players online(i think it means in one world,not sure) but the link he provided had the date and the XBox 2 mention but nothing else...i'll try to find it.

EDIT:more info

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/front_index.php?

PHANTASY STAR UNIVERSE REVEALED!

Classic MMORPG franchise revived by Sega's Sonic Team

11:46 Sega's Sonic Team is set to revive one of the Dreamcast's finest hours, with the advent of Phantasy Star Universe, a brand new massively multiplayer RPG which is set for release before the end of this year on Xbox, PC and PS2.
"A MMORPG on the Dreamcast? Surely you jest?" we hear you cry. But no kids, it's all true. And Phantasy Star Online was a highly regarded, early 56k console delve into the world of online, possibly only surpassed by the glorious mismatch which saw Dreamcast owners wholesale slaughter at the hands of PC Quake III Arena players.

Actually we broke first details on this last year, when it was slated as a GameCube exclusive. But a whole lot has changed since then because now Phantasy Star Universe is set to rock Xbox, PC and PS2 owners' bones before the end of 2005, with a release in the US and Japan currently pegged for around November.

There's few details at present except that Phantasy Star Universe is being developed by Sega's mighty Sonic team, and that in its consoles incarnations it will support up to 65 players and cost around $65 in the US.
No details on whether there'll be an ongoing subscription or not, but we have seen the first cheeky image from the game and we have to report it really does seem to live up to the sumptuous graphics of its illustrious predecessor. Wouldn't it be great if Sonic Team could also implement some swinging cross-platform action too, with PC players adventuring alongside their Xbox counterparts? One from our great gaming wish list.

Anyway, we're currently awaiting a response from Sega HQ on possible European release dates and details but we have to say it's great to see one of the classic online franchises revived. Phantasy Star Universe should further cement Sega's growing presence in the MMORPG online world.

--------------------
============================

+Quote Post
unitself
post Mar 17 2005, 09:28 AM
Post #4

green and square

Member No.: 49

Wow.. interestng news.
I am glad to see Xbox on that list of consoles. beigesmile.gif!!
But I am double sad to not see the GC on that list.
This will just further devide the great AT front.
Let's just cross our fingers that some kind of cross platform setup is implemented.

Now... the real waiting begins.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Azrael
post Mar 17 2005, 12:15 PM
Post #5

Busy In Hell

Group: Neophyte Caste
Member No.: 51

Ok,I'm now in anticipation. teleport.gif If it comes to it, and the PC, PS2, and XBox are server compatible (they did it with FFXI, they could do it and add XBox capability), that would be a good thing. I may have to consider my options anad swallow my pride and play on the PC.

--------------------
user posted image
PSO BB:PSO BB Chars: Fred lv77 HUnewearl
Aquarius-X lv10 RAmarl
Watch DScc in action at DScc Vision Az

+Quote Post
kyori
post Mar 17 2005, 12:21 PM
Post #6

HUnny Powah!

Group: Associates
Member No.: 28

QUOTE (unitself @ Mar 17 2005, 09:28 AM)
Wow.. interestng news.
I am glad to see Xbox on that list of consoles. beigesmile.gif!!
But I am double sad to not see the GC on that list.
This will just further devide the great AT front.
Let's just cross our fingers that some kind of cross platform setup is implemented.

Now... the real waiting begins.

Nope not for xbox. Says so on the scan itself that it's ps2/PC and will even be more so clarified in the upcoming EGM.

+Quote Post
donkeybeatz
post Mar 17 2005, 12:49 PM
Post #7

McDonald's!

Member No.: 32

IGN posted additional information:

First off, platform. The magazine lists Phantasy Star Universe as being in development for the PC and PlayStation 2. It does not list any other platform, so we can presume that, in Japan at least, the game is coming to these two platforms alone.

Phantasy Star Universe is set in the Grail Star System, which consists of three planets, as Phantasy Star fans would expect. Players are thrown into the middle of a war that has spanned a vast time.

Unlike PSO, the game has main characters with names. Two characters have been revealed so far: Ewan Webber and Karen Ella. Both aspires to be members of a fighting force called the Guardian Force. Will they be accepted?

Unfortunately, the exact nature of Phantasy Star Universe is still somewhat of a mystery. It's definitely an RPG, and it definitely has an Online component, allowing players to adventure with friends. Jump doesn't reveal if the game is a massively multiplayer Online title, or if the Online play is more limited, as in Phantasy Star Online. Players will be able to travel back and forth between the three planets of the Grail system, adventuring through massive 3D fields on vehicles and taking on huge monsters along the way.

A good many questions still remain unanswered, but at least we now have some solid details on Sega's big return to Phantasy Star. We expect information to slowly be released as the game approaches its Winter Japanese release.

Sauce page =P

Characters with names? Traveling between the Grail Star System? Vehicles? Winter release?
cry2.gif
My next game to import.

EDIT: Gamespot had similiar info but went in depth with the characters:

Phantasy Star Universe will take place throughout the Graal solar system, which consists of three planets and various races such as the Numans. After a century of peace following a lengthy period of war, civilization now faces an invasion from a new alien force named the SEED, which has begun attacking different colonies in space.

Two of the main characters will be Ethan Weaver and Karen Era. Fans may remember Ethan and Karen as the brown-haired youth who appeared in the trailer from the E3 presentation. The purple-haired Karen was also featured in the same but has since gone through some character design changes.

Ethan is a 17-year-old trainee at a planetary security organization named the Guardians, and Karen works as his instructor at the security organization. Ethan and Karen, along with some friends, are charged with the duty to protect humanity from the mysterious alien life forms.

Because Phantasy Star Universe has been promoted as a new installment to the Phantasy Star RPG series and has a solid storyline, it's a good bet that the game will play as a standalone title rather than an online game like Phantasy Star Online series.

This post has been edited by DJ_Donkey: Mar 17 2005, 04:09 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
AC9breaker
post Mar 17 2005, 03:49 PM
Post #8

Soul Hunter

Member No.: 23

All I can say and stuck thinking is

OH
MY
GOD!
beigebigeek.gif

--------------------
"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

--an Excerpt from a Night Lords Novel Void Stalkers Chapter X: Revenge

+Quote Post
Kazicht
post Mar 17 2005, 04:09 PM
Post #9

System Id

Member No.: 45

QUOTE (AC9breaker @ Mar 17 2005, 03:49 PM)
All I can say and stuck thinking is

OH
MY
GOD!
beigebigeek.gif

...ditto. beigebigeek.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_Zio_*
post Mar 17 2005, 05:42 PM
Post #10

Guests

Great news definately! guitarist.gif

I'm not sure which platform to go but I have plenty of time to think about it.

+Quote Post
Scan_Man
post Mar 18 2005, 11:23 AM
Post #11

Grand Armor

Group: AT Certified
Member No.: 71

I'm will get for PC most def. I'm going to be paying to pay three online games a year from now. Sheesh!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Vitamin D
post Mar 18 2005, 11:42 AM
Post #12

IS MAHVEL BAYBEE!

Group: Arbiter Caste
Member No.: 35

*Faints. Im so damn excited about this game! It just needs to come out already! cry2.gif

--------------------
<center>
"You Need The D? Then You Need Me!"

+Quote Post
kyori
post Mar 21 2005, 09:30 PM
Post #13

HUnny Powah!

Group: Associates
Member No.: 28

http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3138974&did=1

cover to the egm :D
and to clarify one more time it is PS2/PC not just PS2.

+Quote Post
unitself
post Mar 22 2005, 08:55 AM
Post #14

green and square

Member No.: 49

ARG! This makes me mad!!!
Platform jumping is a big drag!
I guess I can only hope that it's a great game for the people who can play it AND a game that I wouldn't find fun anyways. beigesmile.gif
Here's to the dream!! toast.gif

Then again... It did take them well over a year, after it was out on the GC, to put PSO onto the Xbox. Maybe the same thing will happen here. Maybe?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alisha
post Mar 22 2005, 12:42 PM
Post #15

Monk Princess

Member No.: 11

omfg [Can i have it]

user posted image

<--giddy like a schoolgirl

--------------------

+Quote Post

17 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
5 User(s) are reading this topic (5 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th March 2024 - 11:31 PM