Reply to this topicStart new topic
PSO: BBA get!
Dive
post Dec 18 2003, 06:16 PM
Post #1

Antarctica Traffic Control

Group: Dark Templar
Member No.: 1

We got one of our x-mas presents early beigebiggrin.gif and by this weekend we will be back on Ragol for some Episode 2 C-Mode action and other assorted PSO mayhem!

toast.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
donkeybeatz
post Dec 18 2003, 06:59 PM
Post #2

McDonald's!

Group: Magister
Member No.: 32

BBA Get!
C-mode Get!
PSO Get!
Everybody get!

It seems like everyone is flooding back to PSO for the time being =T

--d-_-b

--------------------

+Quote Post
DarkEpyon
post Dec 18 2003, 07:04 PM
Post #3

Revolution to the Destruction

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 21

Awesome news indeed my friend. I'd be right there with you, but I do not feel it necessary to renew my US HL over just one measly stage, no matter how great it is.

--------------------

"Computers are incredibly fast, accurate and stupid. Human beings are incredibly slow, inaccurate and brilliant. Together they are powerful beyond imagination."
-Albert Einstein

+Quote Post
HC82
post Dec 18 2003, 07:28 PM
Post #4

Badass Billionaire Extraordanaire

Member No.: 4

I renewed my account as well. I'll be on frequently. If you need a cmode extra, just send me mail.

+Quote Post
Dive
post Dec 19 2003, 12:39 AM
Post #5

Antarctica Traffic Control

Member No.: 1

QUOTE (DarkEpyon @ Dec 18 2003, 07:04 PM)
Awesome news indeed my friend. I'd be right there with you, but I do not feel it necessary to renew my US HL over just one measly stage, no matter how great it is.

pssst..it's not only for the new cmode stage.

buttrock.gif

+Quote Post
The JadeDragon
post Dec 19 2003, 02:20 AM
Post #6

The Dragon

Group: Associates
Member No.: 81

It seems like everyone is flooding back to PSO for the time being

I think I may be the only one who feels this way...but in my eyes...PSO was dead a long time ago. I mean come on...how many times can you play the same game/stages(Forest1 anyone?) before you realize that you are wasting your time? Now don't get me wrong...in it's hayday I loved PSO. But it's hayday ended for me a long time ago. I had PSO on the DC, the import version on the GC and for some stupid reason I thought that PSOX would be something special. Then after awhile...I thought to myself...ya know what, this is the exact same BS I was doing on the freakin DC. Lets be real here Ep 1&2 is almost the exact same game we all played with v2 on DC. I just don't see the logic in paying for a game that is many years old and hasn't changed, isn't a constant world like FFXI and gets hacked to hell on any system it's been on. Now if you are new to the world of PSO that's one thing...but to pay for a game just so you can play cmode on a stage you have ran through thousands of boring times? Seems like a waste but oh well. This is just my opinion...you guys have fun.

+Quote Post
unitself
post Dec 19 2003, 10:20 AM
Post #7

green and square

Member No.: 49

:D
That's like saying Pac-Man was pointless, and Defender... and even ZAXXON! Now, I KNOW you ain't calling Zaxxon pointless and boring.
It seems that you have forgotten the main reason why people play PSO. The people you meet online! Sure, you do that in FFXI, but from what I have heard, it's not the same. PSO is all about teamwork. It's like math....
PSO = Teamwork
Teamwork = Friendship
Therefor, Friendship = PSO!

oh yeah... good to hear you got a BBS for the GC, Dive. I hope to see you online in a couple of days. I have yet to try out that new CMode. Much less finish the previous CModes... beigebigrazz.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Henge
post Dec 19 2003, 10:51 AM
Post #8

OpSec

Member No.: 2

QUOTE (The JadeDragon @ Dec 19 2003, 02:20 AM)
It seems like everyone is flooding back to PSO for the time being

I think I may be the only one who feels this way...but in my eyes...PSO was dead a long time ago. I mean come on...how many times can you play the same game/stages(Forest1 anyone?) before you realize that you are wasting your time? Now don't get me wrong...in it's hayday I loved PSO. But it's hayday ended for me a long time ago. I had PSO on the DC, the import version on the GC and for some stupid reason I thought that PSOX would be something special. Then after awhile...I thought to myself...ya know what, this is the exact same BS I was doing on the freakin DC. Lets be real here Ep 1&2 is almost the exact same game we all played with v2 on DC. I just don't see the logic in paying for a game that is many years old and hasn't changed, isn't a constant world like FFXI and gets hacked to hell on any system it's been on. Now if you are new to the world of PSO that's one thing...but to pay for a game just so you can play cmode on a stage you have ran through thousands of boring times? Seems like a waste but oh well. This is just my opinion...you guys have fun.

i just want to play with everyone again, ill be happy to see any of my AT compatriots on PSO since i cant play FFXI yet :/

sure pso isn't very exiting or new, but if you ask anyone here, my money says they will tell you the reason they played pso for the last 2-3 years was never the exilierating gameplay.. but the people man, the people!

at-emote1.gif buttrock.gif

+Quote Post
Sheik
post Dec 19 2003, 02:10 PM
Post #9

☆タルタル、かわいい☆

Group: Neophyte Caste
Member No.: 33

QUOTE (Woe @ Dec 19 2003, 08:51 AM)
sure pso isn't very exiting or new, but if you ask anyone here, my money says they will tell you the reason they played pso for the last 2-3 years was never the exilierating gameplay.. but the people man, the people!

at-emote1.gif buttrock.gif

I agree. If it were not for the many people that I have met and play with I would have quit the game a long time ago. More or less I spend more time in the lobby talking to friends than I do actually playing the game! Is that suprising? I log on just to see if anyone I know is online to play with.

I played though EP2 challenge (did not complete it) and I can say I like EP1 challenge much better. You really can't Genkai play a EP2 map. There is really no point to playing it all day! The enemies and waves are always the same. Sure you can TA it but everyone already knows where all the enemies are. I still prefer EP1 challenge over EP2. EP1 is more fun...in my opinion. at-emote1.gif

--------------------
Level
+ neola - Lv109 HUcaseal - Oran
+ Sheik - Lv056 FOnewearl - Viridia
Challenge
+ neola* - HUcaseal - Whitill
+ kali* - FOnewearl - Whitill
+ neola** - HUcast - Green

+Quote Post
HC82
post Dec 19 2003, 04:14 PM
Post #10

Badass Billionaire Extraordanaire

Member No.: 4

QUOTE (Sheik @ Dec 19 2003, 02:10 PM)
I played though EP2 challenge (did not complete it) and I can say I like EP1 challenge much better.  You really can't Genkai play a EP2 map.  There is really no point to playing it all day!  The enemies and waves are always the same.  Sure you can TA it but everyone already knows where all the enemies are.  I still prefer EP1 challenge over EP2.  EP1 is more fun...in my opinion. at-emote1.gif

I only did Cmode EP2 once, and assuming the monster spawns are fixed...

I prefer fixed monsters over the random nature of Cmode when it comes to TA(weapons aside). Personally, having to restart over and over just to get a lucky map was pointless(Genkai). With the fixed maps it allows teams to know exactly where everything is and plan accordingly for which teams should go where and stand where according to the monster spawns. If anything, the fixed monster spawns allow for teams to truly see who is more skilled at Cmode, because each player is faced with the same events. I was never impressed with genkai, because it relies primarily on getting a good map and if things turn out bad...RESTART.

The two major problem with the fixed map is that some classes have HUGE advantages in terms of time, over the other hunters. Robot traps give robots an advantage over the large spawn rates(6 enemy spawn room...*BOOM* all confused). Fleshy hunters and rangers don't get Ra or GI stuff intill later on(nor do they have the MST to use them either). Having resta isn't an issue because the map isn't difficult enough for it to be needed. Second, is the element of surprise being gone. When doing TA, fixed monsters are a true measure of skill among players, because every player is faced with the same events. So, who ever has a better time, has the better time because they just did something better and faster, not because they got less spawns. Although, the random monsters are what IMO makes cmode replayable over and over. Different challenges everytime, along with the stringent requirements for survival. You don't know if you'll get 2 belras or 2 Bringers, either case the team must react differently. It really depends on why you play cmode to determine how the fixed maps measure up to the random spawn maps. In a competitive time aspect, fixed maps allow for better time to time competition against other players, and the intrinsic need to better ones time. For a good ol' surivial romp, random spawns is the way to go.

+Quote Post
The JadeDragon
post Dec 19 2003, 04:31 PM
Post #11

The Dragon

Group: Associates
Member No.: 81

I KNOW you ain't calling Zaxxon pointless and boring.

lol Unitself...I don't even know what Zaxxon is. Sounds like a character on some Star Trek episode...

In this statement we have found the solution. I am not a people person lol. I played the game to have fun, find some rares and try to make it to lvl 200, and ehh and if I happened to meet someone cool, than that was a plus. I think random people suck lol. Well I see your point about people, and it's a good one...so I hope you all enjoy yourselves... buttrock.gif

+Quote Post
DarkEpyon
post Dec 19 2003, 04:45 PM
Post #12

Revolution to the Destruction

Member No.: 21

Zaxxon is an old arcade shooting game from sometime in the 70s-80s.

--------------------

"Computers are incredibly fast, accurate and stupid. Human beings are incredibly slow, inaccurate and brilliant. Together they are powerful beyond imagination."
-Albert Einstein

+Quote Post
AC9breaker
post Dec 19 2003, 07:36 PM
Post #13

Soul Hunter

Group: Magister
Member No.: 23

Hahaha! My evil plan is working.
beigebigeek.gif
*Goes over list*

Lets see.

Ah-king check.
Crushinator check.
Angel Check.
HC82 check.
Scan_Man check.
Vitamen D check.
Claymore check.
Dive check.

Hmm DE & Rinn Target get!!! pirate.gif

--------------------
"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

--an Excerpt from a Night Lords Novel Void Stalkers Chapter X: Revenge

+Quote Post
Knightsword
post Dec 19 2003, 09:01 PM
Post #14

Mistress of Red Magic

Group: Arbiter Caste
Member No.: 53

Welcome back and hope to see ya some time soon.

+Quote Post
Azrael
post Dec 19 2003, 09:48 PM
Post #15

Busy In Hell

Group: Neophyte Caste
Member No.: 51

I still have my hl, but I haven't been on since before Thanksgiving. I don't know if it was due to a certain person I met or because FFX2 just stole me away from it because I don't really have the urge to get back on at the moment. My new pc will get built in 5 days and I have some organizing to do but I may get on a few more times throughout next week to say goodbye and make a decision on whether I'll keep the HL. I secretly picked up FF11 for the pc earlier but my bro does not know about it. I (or we if he plays) will be joining you guys on Bismarck. I like PSO and I will never forget the people I've met there, but after a year of playing and getting corrupted and having all of your friends get bored and leave because they got to lvl 200(and seeing people cheat and get there in 5 days), can kind of kill the magic for some people. I dunno if I'm gone from PSO for good, so in the words of Baralai from FFX2, "so it's farewell, but not goodbye." (*Don't be alarmed if I start randomly quoting people all of a sudden*).

--------------------
user posted image
PSO BB:PSO BB Chars: Fred lv77 HUnewearl
Aquarius-X lv10 RAmarl
Watch DScc in action at DScc Vision Az

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 03:59 AM