Reply to this topicStart new topic
Are people getting bored with PSO?, People and the time they have for PSO
Navigator
post Aug 3 2003, 10:31 AM
Post #1

!SPG!

Group: Associates
Member No.: 60

What happen to everybody? I go online after 10:00 and its dead. It used to be cracking off, is everybody getting bored of PSO or what? Maybe its just me cause im kinda new to PSO so its still fun and there are people who are veteranz who been around since DC, has that time come were the veterenz lost interest in PSO? Say it aint so... guns.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Azrael
post Aug 3 2003, 10:45 AM
Post #2

Busy In Hell

Group: Neophyte Caste
Member No.: 51

I'm not getting bored. it's just that I'm usually playing with my friends at a more populated area. There are a few of us that are on Altair 7 sometimes but sometimes it's empty. Most of the AT people I know are usually on around 11 or 12est..

--------------------
user posted image
PSO BB:PSO BB Chars: Fred lv77 HUnewearl
Aquarius-X lv10 RAmarl
Watch DScc in action at DScc Vision Az

+Quote Post
Khaotika
post Aug 3 2003, 12:09 PM
Post #3

Saw It Coming

Member No.: 57

The past 3 times I had been on, I only had my brother and Vitamin D to keep me company. What gives, are you guys all on vacation or something?? beigebigrazz.gif

*coz that's where I WAS last week.*

-Khao

--------------------
Sometimes when I talk to people, I like to imagine a giant "EDIT" button over their head. Not that it matters, I always reach for "DELETE".

+Quote Post
unitself
post Aug 3 2003, 01:08 PM
Post #4

green and square

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 49

I am still having some PSO fun!
But, I haven't been online for about a week or so. My TV is still broken and I am using a very small one in the meantime. So, it's kinda hard to see and hear.
I plan on being back online as soon as my TV is back from the shop. When? No Idea. :(

I have noticed a lack of people online also though, and not just us. I think alot of other people have gotten their full of PSO. Remember back in the DC days when almost all of the ships numbered up in the 80's and higher? Now, it's rare to see anymore than 20 or so. I wonder how the Xbox version is doing compared to the GC?

--------------------

+Quote Post
DarkEpyon
post Aug 3 2003, 01:12 PM
Post #5

Revolution to the Destruction

Member No.: 21

All the ships except Vega that is. But it's usually the first 4 or 5 blocks that are the most populated there.

--------------------

"Computers are incredibly fast, accurate and stupid. Human beings are incredibly slow, inaccurate and brilliant. Together they are powerful beyond imagination."
-Albert Einstein

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Aug 3 2003, 01:12 PM
Post #6

Holding these random memories

Group: Magister
Member No.: 8

I'm back on PSO after a short hiatus, so you can look for me every night after 10 pm mountain.....I'm more than happy to get some Dark Falz on buttrock.gif

--------------------

Steam: MrCrushin PSN : MrCrushin XBL: Mr Crushin
I'm not a playa I just crush a lot.

+Quote Post
Angel of Enders
post Aug 3 2003, 05:37 PM
Post #7

Unorthodox

Member No.: 47

I'm on at weird hours, So it's very hard to find me.

--------------------

+Quote Post
AC9breaker
post Aug 3 2003, 06:48 PM
Post #8

Soul Hunter

Group: Magister
Member No.: 23

Well Im still having trouble trying to get back online. Seems as though Im having problems with my router. But, I rememberd when ever I was on I would usually be on late at night. I would go on around 10pm eastern time, around 12/1am is when I would see people getting online.

PSO is anything but dead. If anything, the people who really aren't into the game are leaving cause they are bored of it. I mean its been a long time since this game has been out, since September? Anyway, There still are PSO fans playing. I know I still play even though Im not online. Just got to ultimate Mines spinning.gif

--------------------
"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

--an Excerpt from a Night Lords Novel Void Stalkers Chapter X: Revenge

+Quote Post
Knightsword
post Aug 3 2003, 08:03 PM
Post #9

Mistress of Red Magic

Group: Arbiter Caste
Member No.: 53

I don't get on till around 1am cst, and sometimes later. When I do get on most have already left or those that are on are already in filled games. So I end up quiting, cause its no fun to play by one's self

+Quote Post
Layrinn
post Aug 3 2003, 08:07 PM
Post #10

Grand Armor

Member No.: 15

Well, I for one am not ready to throw in the towel yet. I want to keep things going strong although I must admit, I also see interest in this game waning. It's a little discouraging to log on, search 15 pages of Guild Cards, and only find 3 people online. =/ More and more I find myself logging on, checking my cards, finding no one to play with, and logging off a few minutes later.

I know a lot of AT people are on vacation, super busy, or taking a breather and playing some other games and the like. Sometimes I have to remind myself that people have other things they need and want to do besides play PSO with me. beigelaugh.gif But on the other hand, their timing stinks... I have to start grad school in about three weeks. Once that happens, I imagine my free time will pretty much be shot to hell. =(

Anyways, Dive and I happened to be talking about this apparent decline in interest on AIM the other night. He suggested that maybe we should make an effort to do more things together "officialy" as a Tribe. You know... so we're not always relying on pure chance to meet up with one another. I think it's a pretty good idea. What does everyone else think?

+Quote Post
Ripper1486
post Aug 3 2003, 09:01 PM
Post #11

Rippalicious!

Member No.: 9

I think that would be a great idea. I have only met a handful of AT members online, so my card list is shorter than many of yours, decreasing my chance of playing with other people online cry2.gif I don't want to stop playing anytime soon though...

--------------------

Happiness is like peeing on yourself, everyone can see it, but your the one who feels the warmth.

PSO charaters:
Ripper1486 - HUcast - lvl 128
CurlySue - FOnewearal - lvl 68
Gangsta Gurl - RAmarl - lvl 75
Verbatim - HUcaseal - lvl 81
Jade2002 - FOmarl - lvl 36

+Quote Post
Henge
post Aug 3 2003, 11:36 PM
Post #12

OpSec

Group: Dark Templar
Member No.: 2

yo, i wanted to touch base on this too.

while i have an legitimate reason for being away, i admit i am loosing intrest in PSO, its been three years. witch is DAMN long to play one game, ask yourself the last time you played something that long? i bet alot of you will say never.

not that im throwing in the towel, when my relatives depart i will be back online, and who knows this break might be just what i needed to get into it again.

i like the idea of doing more things as a guild, i think a scheduled time for "loose" meeting where we all get togeather and get our fill of pso would be cool, like once a week or so we could get togeather and fill a couple of lobbies beigesmile.gif

see you online in a week beigebigrazz.gif

+Quote Post
Sheik
post Aug 4 2003, 12:11 AM
Post #13

☆タルタル、かわいい☆

Member No.: 33

Well, after some major thinking I have to admit that I too have lost some interest in leveling. I am starting to not see the point once you reach level 150. It almost becomes a burdon to get that 200 which I think some get as a status symbol. But nowdays the first thing that people say when they see a lv 200 is Reccobox?

Challenge mode has kept my interest in PSO for now but many of the people that I play challenge with have gotten what I call the leveling bug...heh.

I agree that maybe we sould try to set aside times to meet, but some people like Crush seem to be on at 10PM his time anyways. I have been hanging around Alcyone too much lately. It has gotten me into some bad habits such as staying up until 4am because Japan time is +16 hours for me in PST.

I hear EP2 challenge is coming out soon...really soon I hope. That should keep my interest for another few months at least. I have to admit that I have not played as long as most people around here. Remember that I never played DC. I have only played since November 2002, but this game is quick to pick up.

I also have only played challenge for 2 months and seemed to pick that up quickly too. I am already getting into TA games and lowering my time. I have met quite a handful of players over on Alcyone that I like to play with. Some players US, France, and Japan, but all fun to play with. Thank goodness for word select.

Anyways with that said...see ya online. at-emote1.gif

--------------------
Level
+ neola - Lv109 HUcaseal - Oran
+ Sheik - Lv056 FOnewearl - Viridia
Challenge
+ neola* - HUcaseal - Whitill
+ kali* - FOnewearl - Whitill
+ neola** - HUcast - Green

+Quote Post
DivA
post Aug 4 2003, 06:31 AM
Post #14

Deus-Ex MachinA

Member No.: 44

as a PsO retiree (;p) ~ i shall say this...PsO, for what is was & is, is a game that meant a lot to me; for the time that i played, the memories & joys i shared with contacts from around the world are those i shall cherish.. =. truly, although better ones are on the horizon ~ PsO shall always be the first of this genre for the console world.. *bows to ST* =)

however..

my mind burns for a new challenge, if i had to reflect on this ~ then this would explain my departure from the game...for the span of several years, too much of the same thing does wear on me after a time - actually, i'm surprised that i lasted this long.. to make a long story short ~ i have decided it's time to move on to new challenges to give my mind a fresh perspective.. even if TFLO hooks me in, i know that ultimately ~ even that will wear after a time; all games do, repitition is what the mind ultimately does not like.. >.<

lol, the game of the moment is what i currently play, a nice change ~ my gaming habits are stronger than ever, almost like a weight is lifted or weening away from an addiction long overdue.. at-emote1.gif

+Quote Post
HC82
post Aug 4 2003, 07:07 AM
Post #15

Badass Billionaire Extraordanaire

Member No.: 4

I've been busy and when I do go online very few people are online. When sept comes around I plan to retire my HL intill EP2 cmode comes around. All these frekin glitches have made joining open games a nightmare, so if no one is on I just quit. Also the general lack of totally new content isn't helping either. Endless nightmare and mop up is same thing that was orginally up when PSO first came out on the DC. I mean come on, a few badges and cheap rares to peak our interests can't be that hard to put into every quest. New quests that are orginal usually boil down to some GBA downloadable game. I thought the whole idea was for us to play PSO, not offline with our GBA. Granted it's cool and all, but if the quest is done in a mere 30 minutes and is never touched there after, it 's a bit disapointing. EP2 Endless nightmare and mop up anyone?

It is the challenge that fuels us gamers to better ourselves(characters) in PSO. Without that challenge, any need to "rare hunt" or "level up get" becomes trival. Even if we do attain these corners stones of character enhancement, we need a challenge to push our characters and team work to the next level. To put it simply, running through normal mode with a level 100 chracter is boring, right? No challenge = yawn fest. If the new quests don't have the content to challenge us players (ex. famitsu) and better our performance(ex. famitsu again, via kills = tickets) higher level players are going to lose interest if they don't have a communtity of players to play with, whom they enjoy playing with. Heck, take MU3 as an example, really tough quest, pushes your skills to the limit, but after you beat it there is no reason to better your performance with the quest.

I am sure ST knows that it is the repitition if doing quests to perfect your performance and get cool stuff in the process that drives gamers gaga. My question, why aren't there enough of these quests.

Long rant short, wheres the badass quests already?

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 11:43 AM