Reply to this topicStart new topic
In the market for a new ISP
Wiryu
post Sep 26 2007, 01:50 PM
Post #1

This is my custom member title.

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 121

Like the title says, i'm in the market for something better than I have now. Right now I run on Covad, which is a branch of Verizon. It's always down, and that it's always on a strict NAT is annoying. So reccomendations! Something fast, and with wide cpabilities!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Sep 26 2007, 03:00 PM
Post #2

Holding these random memories

Group: Magister
Member No.: 8

I have comcast and the cable goes out all the time :( But they are the only cable ISP out here, goddamn monopoly. crash.gif

--------------------

Steam: MrCrushin PSN : MrCrushin XBL: Mr Crushin
I'm not a playa I just crush a lot.

+Quote Post
Vitamin D
post Sep 26 2007, 04:18 PM
Post #3

IS MAHVEL BAYBEE!

Group: Arbiter Caste
Member No.: 35

I have Comcast too, but mine very rarely goes out. When it does go out though, it's out for HOURS . Still though it's pretty rare, and it's really fast too. And yeah... it's like a monopoly here, so its more or less the only path for cable haha.

--------------------
<center>
"You Need The D? Then You Need Me!"

+Quote Post
Oddies da Nerfed
post Sep 26 2007, 04:31 PM
Post #4

Pray for Mojo.

Member No.: 165

QUOTE(Vitamin D @ Sep 26 2007, 04:18 PM) *
I have Comcast too, but mine very rarely goes out. When it does go out though, it's out for HOURS . Still though it's pretty rare, and it's really fast too. And yeah... it's like a monopoly here, so its more or less the only path for cable haha.

Pretty much that with Comcast for me as well. Not down often at all, but usually shits out for a while when it does. One note, Comcast seems to absolutely hate if you use routers, or atleast certain types. If I use my older linksys I am guaranteed atleast one modem/router reset per day. However if I daisy chain my stuff, it works fine.

+Quote Post
AC9breaker
post Sep 26 2007, 04:49 PM
Post #5

Soul Hunter

Group: Magister
Member No.: 23

I don't know if you get this up in Massachusetts but, I use Optimum Online. Its my cable company. I have this package where they provide, Television, Cable, and Phone and in the long run it saves alot of money. They use to be a bit buggy in terms of connection reliability, but as of lately they've done alot of work on their network and I would be very much surprised if I ever got disconnected from a game or something. But like I said, I'm not sure if this is a Tri-state thing or a North Eastern border thing.

--------------------
"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

--an Excerpt from a Night Lords Novel Void Stalkers Chapter X: Revenge

+Quote Post
Knightsword
post Sep 26 2007, 07:35 PM
Post #6

Mistress of Red Magic

Group: Arbiter Caste
Member No.: 53

I have Earthlink, but they do everything through comcast, and I'm in the same boat as Crush when it comes to choices

+Quote Post
tanshin
post Sep 26 2007, 08:39 PM
Post #7

Drunken Ninja Master Thug

Member No.: 80

Charter Communications. Which is... you guessed it. Comcast. It did go out a lot in Utah, but here in California it's pretty much flawless. It's only gone down like 2 times since I moved here and it wasn't down for long.

--------------------

dueling, remade for modern audiences

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:50 AM