IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
HARDEST RPG Bosses you've ever fought..., Possible spoilers!!
ArekuReiesu
post Dec 30 2003, 03:45 AM
Post #1

The Voice of Reason

Group: Neophyte Caste
Member No.: 104

Now a twist to Epyon's topic... which RPG bosses have given YOu the hardest time?

Number one on my list is Skeith from .hack//Infection. That guys was a @#!@# to beat with his ultra cheap attacks and his invulnerability till you data drain him.

Next: Necron from FFIX. The pain...the status effects....'nuff said!

How about you guys/gals?

--------------------
"Life is all about mistakes, we just have to limit them."

SSBB FC: 3523-2010-3190 (Note I'm in the Philippines so expect laaaag)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
drunken_chibi
post Dec 30 2003, 06:26 PM
Post #2

San d'Orian Evil

Group: Associates
Member No.: 69

omg skeith sucks!! i hated that guy.

+Quote Post
unitself
post Dec 30 2003, 09:14 PM
Post #3

green and square

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 49

hrm... I would have to say Tom Nook from Animal Crossing. That guy has unlimited power and hunger! And, he won't die! Really! You can't kill him!

--------------------

+Quote Post
DivA
post Jan 1 2004, 02:24 PM
Post #4

Deus-Ex MachinA

Group: Neophyte Caste
Member No.: 44

~indeed, Tom Nook is one of those uber-super-secret bosses that secretly plot world conquest of all Animal Crossingdom.. =} *ponders* Dark Falz of Phantasy Star 2 (16-bit genesis days) ~ i would have to say that this boss' spell of confusion made its defeat difficult.. >.>

+Quote Post
AC9breaker
post Jan 1 2004, 06:34 PM
Post #5

Soul Hunter

Group: Magister
Member No.: 23

Omg Mr. Sandman from Mike Tyson Punch Out.
Yea I know its not an RPG but still he owns.
*is owned*

Hmm hardest RPG boss I ever fought I think would be this one guy from Final Fantasy Tactics. On e of the holy knights who stoled the crystals and slaughtered everyone in the Riovanes castle Looks like a big ram. You fight him in the Riovanes Castle
anyway yea he was tough and badass buttrock.gif

--------------------
"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

--an Excerpt from a Night Lords Novel Void Stalkers Chapter X: Revenge

+Quote Post
Massiah
post Jan 4 2004, 01:54 PM
Post #6

Massiah

Member No.: 113

I honestly thought without Holy Wars Ultimecia was one of the hardest bosses i've ever had to play on any RPG, and i've played almost all ff's, legend of dragon, Breath of fire(s), and almost all the Zelda's and Ultimecia was pretty hard to beat.

--------------------
Massiah : Galka : 40 Samurai /20 Monk

+Quote Post
Guest_Zio_*
post Feb 4 2004, 12:35 PM
Post #7

Guests

QUOTE (ArekuReiesu @ Dec 30 2003, 03:45 AM)
Now a twist to Epyon's topic... which RPG bosses have given YOu the hardest time?

Number one on my list is Skeith from .hack//Infection. That guys was a @#!@# to beat with his ultra cheap attacks and his invulnerability till you data drain him.

Next: Necron from FFIX. The pain...the status effects....'nuff said!

How about you guys/gals?

I didn't think Skeith was that hard actually... I just wish in the .Hack games that they would tell you which dungeons have a boss. It would be nice so you could stock up or level or or whatever. But I think the hardest RPG boss I ever had was Culix from Super Mario RPG. God I was like 8 when I first took that boss on and he kept owning me. Smithy was challenging at the end to. Next in line would have to be the last boss in AC2:AA *I know its not an RPG* but I still can't beat him. Actually I beat him one time but he blew me up at the same time so I didn't actually win. cry2.gif

+Quote Post
Dankeru
post Feb 8 2004, 02:10 AM
Post #8

Stuck in Never Never Level!

Member No.: 114

...anything from the .hack video games series can constitute as a hard boss. Magus... was... CRAP. >< Can't wait to see what part 3 and 4 have in store for me... oh wait... already been squashed by a data bug... twice... in 3 so far. I'm only an hour into the game!!

Other than that... YU YEVON FROM FFX WAZ SOOOOO HARD DOOD! beigebiggrin.gif

*ahem* Seriously. Yunalesca from FFX was pretty hard for me the first time through...

For an RPG boss, if we include Role Playing Games, anything I can and will throw at you in Morrowind, Neverwinter Nights, and D&D custom campaigns. *malicious grin*

--------------------
user posted image
Dankeru/Gualen is currently releasing the primate section of your loyal zoo and inducing the monkeys with coccaine. Fly, you fools!

+Quote Post
Wiryu
post Feb 12 2004, 06:27 AM
Post #9

This is my custom member title.

Member No.: 121

Ruby Weapon, Final Fantasy VII

+Quote Post
Guest_Sword of Fire_*
post Feb 28 2004, 04:25 PM
Post #10

Guests

Dragon-Fire Emblem

+Quote Post
Knightsword
post Feb 28 2004, 07:08 PM
Post #11

Mistress of Red Magic

Group: Arbiter Caste
Member No.: 53

I had no problem with Skeith. It was Necron from FFIX that was a pain. The hidden boss in the underground town in Super Mario RPG was beyond hard for that game. The 2 headed snake turtle from Link from the Past was a deceptively hard battle the first time.

+Quote Post
Wiryu
post Mar 9 2004, 05:29 AM
Post #12

This is my custom member title.

Member No.: 121

hardest boss you ask......well, if you played castlevania lament of innocense, when you playing as Joachim and you try to fight the hidden boss in the dungeon where you get the black orb, that took a few tries. I have to say, the final ver. of cubia was pretty hard in .hack 4 as well.

Ruby weapon from final fantasy VII, if you ask me, although they are not RPG's again, i thought every version of Sigma in the megaman x games was REALLY tough, but excellent for a challenge. beigesmile.gif

+Quote Post
psobsesser
post Mar 27 2004, 10:28 PM
Post #13

Free lancer

Member No.: 135

I know Dullahan from Golden Sun is one of the hardest bosses I've ever faced; to this day it's the only boss I haven't faught against and won.

--------------------

PSO...still alive and kicking

+Quote Post
Ether
post Mar 29 2004, 02:45 AM
Post #14

+4 HP

Group: AT Certified
Member No.: 41

Old School: A lot of the bosses in Final Fantasy 2 were hard, then again, I wasn't very old when I played it, it was the first RPG I beat though
Which I guess would make the last boss in Dragon Warrior the hardest since I never beat him at all beigelaugh.gif
Then again, I never got past the part in Final Fantasy 1 where you had to fight like 6 pirates >.>;;

The second to last boss in Grandia 2 was pretty rough for me too, what made it annoying is that everyone kept telling me how easy the last boss was, and I thought thats where I was stuck at. After I killed him, I realized the game wasn't over, and kicked the crap out of the actual last boss

Much more recently Pollux in PSO Ep 3 was a major pain. Castor has nothing on her!

+Quote Post
Guest_Zio_*
post Apr 28 2004, 08:04 AM
Post #15

Guests

QUOTE (Knightsword @ Feb 28 2004, 07:08 PM)
The hidden boss in the underground town in Super Mario RPG was beyond hard for that game.

Haha yeah I know what ya mean. I had no idea how to beat him when that game first came out but when I was still playing PSO I finally beat him. beigebiggrin.gif I don't even remember what I got frmo him though. Also I never did do that thing where you used the jump move 30 times on one enemy.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:18 PM