Reply to this topicStart new topic
AT - 2000-2009
Scan_Man
post Dec 31 2009, 09:27 PM
Post #16

Grand Armor

Group: AT Certified
Member No.: 71

I'm just glad this place is still around. Like a some of you here I came from PSOW forums. I think most of the vocal and popular members from there moved to The-Arcade or Omega Hour either cause they were banned by the mods, or to get away from all the drama. I found Apocalypse-Tribe after those two site mostly died (though The-Arcade did not officially shut down until early 2009) because I saw Retehi, AC9, Alisha, Zio, Vitamin D, Frosty, and Donkey over here. There is a bunch of people that used to be here that was named above that I wonder where they are at.

While I have not gamed with you guys since Phantasy Star much, you guys have been awesome. I think for the new decade I will play some games with you guys on whatever consoles may come in the next 10 years.

I think this whole thing is documentary style reunion worthy.

This post has been edited by Scan_Man: Dec 31 2009, 09:27 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DarkEpyon
post Jan 1 2010, 11:56 AM
Post #17

Revolution to the Destruction

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 21

Oh man... where to begin. So many good/crazy/WTF memories flooding back.

I too remember all the crazy PSO "clans" out there. DreamStation, MAMAK (also a purveyor of news on PSOv2 when it came out), and of course Maiden Circuit. Ganja UK and S.T.A.R.S. were among the most infamous for cheating/hacking back in the days. I avoided those jokers like the plague. I remember the GUK site had a boatload of codes for v1/v2, even that infamous "NOL" garbage.

I happened to be one of the few keyboard-enabled folks for several months until Layrinn made that adapter (he used that Japanese keyboard/controller as a base and went from there if I remember right). I got the thing a couple weeks after importing GC PSO

I remember the infamous "v1.0" crap from JP GCPSO, and wound up getting the NA version of said game with all my old friends from Dreamstation. However, the servers for Ragnarok Online were to come back up at the end of November that year and subsequently 99% of em jumped ship for that. So a lot of my time was spent offlining, doing C-mode with JPs or hanging around with the few MC folks that stuck around as well. If I remember right, the leader of that place lost her voice in a skiing accident sometime before PSOv1 came out. I haven't heard from any of them in like 4 or 5 years, but I digress. I needed a new and bigger circle of friends to do stuff with, since PSO's game play tended to be quite monotonous. Enter Apocalypse Tribe. I'd hung out with a number of folks here before officially joining up, and the rest was history.

I remember those crazy in-game meetings where we had to split off into separate lobbies since there were so many of us (even the occasional person that wandered in). The BA6 tournament and the C-mode time attacks were some great stuff. It was a nice and much needed diversion for me since our second big gathering happened a few days after my grandmother had passed on. It helped keep things interesting for the few of us clawing our way to level 200.

Getting banned from PSOW for posting that "boss trick" and getting back at them later on was also a source of lulz, as well as traumatizing for a few mods there. I only did it a handful of times myself and the bulk of my EXP toward the end came from spamming ruins with some folks from another board I frequented at the time.

Hitting 200 like a week before "Towards the Future" came out and in the weeks that followed, there were a lot more 200's. If I remember right, ZEOTA's playtime was somewhere around 1600 hours. Strangely enough, I never finished Cmode on her due to that "tech reset" bug and some of those lv20 tech discs were annoying as hell to find.

I played FFXI off and on for a few months until PS2 release but I just couldn't stand it back then. I used to diss on it every chance I got until I decided to give it another shot in late 2007 and have been there ever since.

Those last couple months of 2004 were fun playing Diablo 2 with a number of folks even though it was usually Mute, Reteh, myself and a few others. I tried to get my girlfriend at the time to join us, but AOL, her PC, and the game didn't seem to agree, so off her hard drive it went.

Like Scan, I haven't really played much with anyone here since PSO outside of AC, donkey and myself importing PSUJP.

So many people from not just here, but other sites I frequented, have dropped off the face of the earth more or less. I wonder where they are now and what they've been up to in the past years. I can probably count on one hand the number of folks from PSO that I'm still in touch with on a regular basis. Shit just happens and people enter and exit our lives all the time.

--------------------

"Computers are incredibly fast, accurate and stupid. Human beings are incredibly slow, inaccurate and brilliant. Together they are powerful beyond imagination."
-Albert Einstein

+Quote Post
Vitamin D
post Jan 1 2010, 05:27 PM
Post #18

IS MAHVEL BAYBEE!

Group: Arbiter Caste
Member No.: 35

Haha good times all round, most of my favorite memories have been documented already, like the Monster Hunter fiasco AC mentioned. Scan talked about it, but I got here through The Arcade. I was actually pretty cool with Shotie back in the day from my heavy PSOW days and ended up at The Arcade. I saw familiar names here and joined up.

My favorite memories were probably the PSO GC days, which is around the time I joined the site. The lobby meetings were incredibly fun, and I remember we'd usually pack it out with people. I also loved the great times on Episode III, I remember Forever Zero was a BEAST at that game haha. Also Hobo Cup for the MF'in win! Monster Hunter was also one of the best times I've had with a game. When we played that game is when I was actually asked if I wanted to be in AT. I simply hung out with AT folks up to then haha. I made some great friends outside of AT on that game, unfortunately that's how I ended up having a several year run with Final Fantasy XI D:.

The podcast has already produced some of the best memories I'll have with AT, such as the incredible image above haha. And this bastard of a gif that I remember talking about Tatsunoko vs Capcom and LOSING IT when I saw it haha .

The first episode is so funny to listen to now. Things have changed pretty considerably since, but it's still incredibly fun to do when our schedules allow. I think it would be awesome to have a best of episode at 50 or so haha.

One last thing I remember, is our several attempts at trying to make a game haha. We'd always have some cool concepts, but it never amounted to anything. I remember at one point even Proj wanted to help us out. What do ya say fellas? How about we get that AT beat em up out there sometime this decade!

I'm sure there's more, but that's the best things off the top of my head. Here's to many more awesome years guys. at-emote1.gif

--------------------
<center>
"You Need The D? Then You Need Me!"

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:00 AM