Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, FF14 2.0's official release
Crushinator
post Jul 26 2012, 10:54 AM
Post #1

Holding these random memories

Group: Magister
Member No.: 8

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/

So they finally got their shit together and "2.0" is on the horizon. This includes the PS3 release.

Apparently there's been a shitload of changes to the game in the time since we last gave a fuck about it. I won't lie, I've kept the game installed on my computer this whole time with the hope that they'll somehow make it good and fun so I can try it again. I'm definitely going to give it another month spin once this 2.0 version drops. It certainly LOOKS very much like the Final Fantasy MMO I actually wanted.

A boy cat furry?

--------------------

Steam: MrCrushin PSN : MrCrushin XBL: Mr Crushin
I'm not a playa I just crush a lot.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
HC82
post Jul 26 2012, 05:52 PM
Post #2

Badass Billionaire Extraordanaire

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 4

It looks like they just totally remade a completely new game. The last FF wasn't exactly a completed game to begin with. It had empty dungeons with no quests and empty frontiers with nothing to do.

I still feel Squaresoft owes me a free gift card for playing their paid alpha test of FFXIV.

+Quote Post
AC9breaker
post Jul 26 2012, 07:18 PM
Post #3

Soul Hunter

Member No.: 23

Godammit, I'm not falling for this shit again. Read up on Guild Wars 2 and get excited for that instead.

--------------------
"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

--an Excerpt from a Night Lords Novel Void Stalkers Chapter X: Revenge

+Quote Post
Retehi
post Jul 27 2012, 12:15 AM
Post #4

Show-off

Group: Arbiter Caste
Member No.: 10

And then everyone plays it for 5 days, and it's forgotten about again.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Jul 27 2012, 10:28 AM
Post #5

QUOTE(HC82 @ Jul 26 2012, 05:52 PM) *
It looks like they just totally remade a completely new game. The last FF wasn't exactly a completed game to begin with. It had empty dungeons with no quests and empty frontiers with nothing to do.

I still feel Squaresoft owes me a free gift card for playing their paid alpha test of FFXIV.

It really is a whole new game. They built a new graphics engine, and they're having some kinda "cataclysm" event in the story as an excuse for entirely new world maps and such. The game itself has (apparently) been evolving away from the old leves/class system to something more in line with traditional FF classes as well. And they totally removed "Battle Regimen" since it didn't ever actually work in the first place.

I do hope there's some kind of free "we're sorry the game sucked before" pass or something, I'm with you on that. Paid $50 for a shitty incomplete game a year ago, what a rip!

--------------------

+Quote Post
AC9breaker
post Jul 27 2012, 04:56 PM
Post #6

Soul Hunter

QUOTE(Crushinator @ Jul 27 2012, 12:28 PM) *
QUOTE(HC82 @ Jul 26 2012, 05:52 PM) *

It really is a whole new game. They built a new graphics engine, and they're having some kinda "cataclysm" event in the story as an excuse for entirely new world maps and such. The game itself has (apparently) been evolving away from the old leves/class system to something more in line with traditional FF classes as well. And they totally removed "Battle Regimen" since it didn't ever actually work in the first place.

I do hope there's some kind of free "we're sorry the game sucked before" pass or something, I'm with you on that. Paid $50 for a shitty incomplete game a year ago, what a rip!

I'm not falling for your wiley tricks crushinator, I'm on to you. You try to humanize your self by relating to us then continue selling FF14! Fool me once shame on you!

--------------------
"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

+Quote Post
Scan_Man
post Jul 27 2012, 05:11 PM
Post #7

Grand Armor

Group: AT Certified
Member No.: 71

Is there a gameplay trailer somewhere? I can't seem to find one. If not I feel that the management at Square-Enix still don't seem to get it. They seem to be stuck in the early 2000s showing off pre-rendered cutscenes. The screenshots are nice and show off a pretty damn slick UI, but if they want to restore faith in players they need to show off gameplay after gameplay as soon as possible. A lot of people got burned by this game, and after FFXIII-2 and cancellation of Versus rumor, are feeling burned by Square-Enix as a whole. I am in the latter. Not a good start to regain the faith in fans in my opinion. I will buy Tomb Raider though.

I am still keeping my eye on this, however.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Aug 8 2012, 10:25 AM
Post #8

Another CG trailer...

First gameplay footage and details about the actual new gameplay will be revealed next week at Gamescom.

--------------------

+Quote Post
DarkEpyon
post Aug 9 2012, 08:32 AM
Post #9

Revolution to the Destruction

Member No.: 21

And then you have the folks like me that shelled out for the collector's box. Maybe I'll give this another shot if they add a blue mage type job.

--------------------

"Computers are incredibly fast, accurate and stupid. Human beings are incredibly slow, inaccurate and brilliant. Together they are powerful beyond imagination."
-Albert Einstein

+Quote Post
AC9breaker
post Aug 9 2012, 07:59 PM
Post #10

Soul Hunter

No DE STOP! Don't let Crushin fool you! that cocksucker. He knows this game is bad and is trying to hype it up so that we all play it again! crash.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
DarkEpyon
post Aug 11 2012, 07:43 AM
Post #11

Revolution to the Destruction

Member No.: 21

QUOTE(AC9breaker @ Aug 9 2012, 09:59 PM) *
No DE STOP! Don't let Crushin fool you! that cocksucker. He knows this game is bad and is trying to hype it up so that we all play it again! crash.gif

It was partially responsible for bringing me back to FFXI. I'll probably be playing PSO2 JP until they decide to kick us filthy foreign devils out.

--------------------

"Computers are incredibly fast, accurate and stupid. Human beings are incredibly slow, inaccurate and brilliant. Together they are powerful beyond imagination."
-Albert Einstein

+Quote Post
Alisha
post Aug 14 2012, 05:20 PM
Post #12

Monk Princess

Member No.: 11

QUOTE(DarkEpyon @ Aug 11 2012, 09:43 AM) *
QUOTE(AC9breaker @ Aug 9 2012, 09:59 PM) *

It was partially responsible for bringing me back to FFXI. I'll probably be playing PSO2 JP until they decide to kick us filthy foreign devils out.

i might try the ps3 version. dont like what i see of pso2 so far so i'll wait till they actually add some weapons.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kazicht
post Aug 17 2012, 09:13 AM
Post #13

System Id

Member No.: 45

QUOTE(Alisha @ Aug 14 2012, 05:20 PM) *
dont like what i see of pso2 so far so i'll wait till they actually add some weapons.

What? You cray. PSO2 is amazing so far.

Also, here's some Gamescon footage of 2.0 actually being played. Shit camera work, but from what could be seen... FF14 looks totally different visually. I hope that smooth looking gameplay holds up.

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Aug 17 2012, 12:49 PM
Post #14

QUOTE(Alisha @ Aug 14 2012, 05:20 PM) *
i might try the ps3 version. dont like what i see of pso2 so far so i'll wait till they actually add some weapons.

Are you just bent there's no offline mode? Or no beasts?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alisha
post Aug 21 2012, 11:47 PM
Post #15

Monk Princess

Member No.: 11

check my post again specifically the part about "weapons" i only cared about offline mode in phantasy games back when i only had dial up. i'm told future updates are adding more weapons though. as for beast...i played my human the most in psu and phantasy star portable. and its not like cast has a 400 point lead in atp like they did in pso1.

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 04:28 AM