IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

GG, GG, Hooray for useless security software!
Kupi
post May 12 2007, 04:31 PM
Post #1

Frame

Group: Associates
Member No.: 396

This is something I've seen a lot of people struggling with over at PSOW, GameFAQs, and the official boards, and considering how much cross-posting goes on, I doubt I'll find the magic bullet here either (because I've already asked everyone at some point). But just in case, here's the situation I'm up against:

Ever since the last GameGuard update, I get this error message whenever I try to start Network Mode:

IPB Image

Naturally, I tried to find anything that could possibly be colliding with everyone's favorite rootkit. I axed Windows Firewall and my other antivirus software of choice, deleted the GameGuard folder so it would re-download, ran my spyware checkers and scanned for viruses (which uncovered a completely unrelated trojan), and even tried a full reboot (which uncovered a completely unrelated 90's cartoon show). Still the same error.

This has happened once before, and I was never able to find a solution. The only thing that got me back in the game was the fact that the next GameGuard update (two weeks later) wasn't screwed up.

Has anyone had this problem before and won? If not... well, just let me know when the next GG update comes out.

--------------------
IPB Image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th May 2024 - 01:55 PM