IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Rock Band, Apocalypse Tribe sounds like a good band name...
Crushinator
post Nov 19 2007, 08:25 PM
Post #1

Holding these random memories

Group: Magister
Member No.: 8

Tomorrow is the day! Who is going to be online for AT to take the world by storm with our grinding guitars, pounding drums, and thrilling vocals?

Expert Level Guitarist/Level 1 Drummer LFG
Need 3 more for epic leather jacket raid
Vocalist main job preferred orz
(Gather Together) THE STAGE OF FUCKING HISTORY!!!

GT Review:

--------------------

Steam: MrCrushin PSN : MrCrushin XBL: Mr Crushin
I'm not a playa I just crush a lot.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Nov 21 2007, 01:22 AM
Post #2

Oh shiiiiiit this game is fucking awesome! guitarist.gif

I'm terrible at singing, as I predicted, but I'm picking up the drums pretty well!

The guitar parts aren't as difficult as GH so far (I would say that everything is ratcheted down a level, i.e. RB hard is equivalent to GH normal as far as note patterns go) but playing with a room full of people is just awesome. The main component of the game is all co-op based too, so instead of battling to see who does the best, everyone works together to make sure you do well at the gig. In the career mode you actually choose which cities/venues/gigs to play, then you can create setlists or play pre-determined ones, and your performance results in more gig money, more fans, and a bigger rep for your band to get even bigger gigs. You get special challenges occasionally too, like performing a certain level with 5 stars to get quadruple money, with the caveat that if you don't get ALL 5 stars on every song on the set you get NO money. You can also do speical events where you win vehicles to travel to other cities, get roadies to help you carry better equipment, and of course customize your characters with new clothes/tats/piercings/moustaches.

I haven't dived into the online mode yet, I'll try to post more impressions of that later.

--------------------

+Quote Post
donkeybeatz
post Feb 21 2008, 03:35 PM
Post #3

McDonald's!

Member No.: 32

Oh shiiiiiiit!
Let me cut out a snippet here:

That is when we jumped on-stage and pulled out our Rock Band equipment piece by piece. Dan Teasdale (one of our senior designers) started picking a three person band with Jonathan and Alex Rigopulos (co-founder of Harmonix and head honcho). When they got to the song list they scrolled through an almost infinite amount of DLC until eventually they stopped on one-

"Still Alive" by GLaDOS

alert- THIS WAS A SPECIAL PREVIEW OF THIS SONG. IT WILL BE MADE AVAILABLE AS DLC AT A FUTURE DATE. WHEN I KNOW WHEN I'LL LET YOU KNOW. I NOW RETURN YOU TO THE NARRATIVE.

Yup. That is the song that Jonathan wrote that is the credits song at the end of Portal. The crowd went nuts. Earlier we had turned the backing vocals all the way down and the microphone vocals all the way up so we could actually hear his voice instead of GLaDOS. Alex was on drums ruling it, and Dan Teasdale held his own on guitar. By the end of the song even the people in the back of the room were screaming. It was an awesome way to debut a song we've been working on.

Source

Oh yeah, Rock Band rocks. buttrock.gif buttrock.gif buttrock.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Feb 22 2008, 01:28 AM
Post #4

You can't stop the rock. HEL YEH!

guitarist.gif buttrock.gif guitarist.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Henge
post Feb 22 2008, 02:18 PM
Post #5

OpSec

Group: Dark Templar
Member No.: 2

Damn that looks awesome, i picked up GH3 last week and my skills are finally coming back to me, it had been a while since i played GH2.

now i gotta pick this up haha, GH3 online is kinda lacking but it looks like rock band delivers in that dept.

+Quote Post
AC9breaker
post Feb 22 2008, 03:09 PM
Post #6

Soul Hunter

Member No.: 23

Yeah Im saving up my pennies too for Rock Band. They have a shitload of DLC.

--------------------
"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

--an Excerpt from a Night Lords Novel Void Stalkers Chapter X: Revenge

+Quote Post
donkeybeatz
post Feb 22 2008, 03:40 PM
Post #7

McDonald's!

QUOTE(Henge @ Feb 22 2008, 02:18 PM) *
Damn that looks awesome, i picked up GH3 last week and my skills are finally coming back to me, it had been a while since i played GH2.

now i gotta pick this up haha, GH3 online is kinda lacking but it looks like rock band delivers in that dept.

Online co-op is pretty straight forward but its always fun to rock out with a few buddies. There's certain aspects that I don't like but I understand why they did it. You can't hear the person that is singing for example. If you could, their voice will lag behind what you see on the screen. Same for the drum fills. And for some odd reason, if you have 2 or more people on the same xbox, the voice chat gets cut.
I haven't played any of the Vs. modes, so I can't really say anything about that.

QUOTE(AC9breaker @ Feb 22 2008, 03:09 PM) *
Yeah Im saving up my pennies too for Rock Band. They have a shitload of DLC.

Yeah dude. The list is massive compared to GH3.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Feb 22 2008, 03:49 PM
Post #8

QUOTE(donkeybeatz @ Feb 22 2008, 02:40 PM) *
Online co-op is pretty straight forward but its always fun to rock out with a few buddies. There's certain aspects that I don't like but I understand why they did it. You can't hear the person that is singing for example. If you could, their voice will lag behind what you see on the screen. Same for the drum fills. And for some odd reason, if you have 2 or more people on the same xbox, the voice chat gets cut.
I haven't played any of the Vs. modes, so I can't really say anything about that.

Even though the voice lags a bit online, its still fun to have everyone yell the chorus parts into the mic beigelaugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
donkeybeatz
post Feb 23 2008, 12:30 AM
Post #9

McDonald's!

--------------------

+Quote Post
donkeybeatz
post Mar 21 2008, 10:29 AM
Post #10

McDonald's!

awww junk I just received an update to rock band and now they have a music store within the game!
It's way better than going through the marketplace.

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36811

buttrock.gif buttrock.gif buttrock.gif buttrock.gif buttrock.gif buttrock.gif buttrock.gif buttrock.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Mar 21 2008, 10:46 AM
Post #11

QUOTE(donkeybeatz @ Mar 21 2008, 10:29 AM) *
awww junk I just received an update to rock band and now they have a music store within the game!
It's way better than going through the marketplace.

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36811

buttrock.gif buttrock.gif buttrock.gif buttrock.gif buttrock.gif buttrock.gif buttrock.gif buttrock.gif

Niiiiiiice, I read about this update earlier this week, but I didn't think they'd have it up so soon. You can listen to previews of the songs in the shop too, right? guitarist.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
donkeybeatz
post Mar 31 2008, 10:54 AM
Post #12

McDonald's!

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40092

This is a triumph.
It's only one song but I'm not complaining. Its free and Harmonix's been pretty generous on the DLC side.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Jun 5 2008, 04:38 PM
Post #13

Rock Band 2 confirmed?

http://www.destructoid.com/rock-band-2-exi...nfo-89289.phtml

"Rock Band 2 lets you and your friends play as a virtual 4-person band, in person or online, to rock out to some of the biggest rock anthems from the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s and 2000s. Rock Band 2 will be a full featured sequel, similar to full featured sequels you see released by other big video game franchises, such as Need for Speed, Devil May Cry, Final Fantasy, Call of Duty, or Halo. In the music/rhythm genre, it is similar to the feature jumps made from Guitar Hero I to Guitar Hero II or Guitar Hero II to Guitar Hero III."

Not much to go on... my big question is, will it be backwards compatible with all the DLC songs we've added into RB? I have faith that Harmonix won't drop the ball on it... but you never know.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 11:45 AM