IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

A moment of stupidity!, Complete with Pictures!
AC9breaker
post Jan 16 2006, 12:24 AM
Post #1

Soul Hunter

Group: Magister
Member No.: 23

Twas the night before Christmas and all through the ghetto, not a gunshot was heard not even a tech! I sat in my PC chair browsing the Newegg website while thoughts of video cards and PSU for my PC danced in my head. All of a sudden who do I see on AIM? None other but Dj Donkey and Sgt Retehi. I open a chat room and boast on what I plan to purchase for my PC. Donkey then informs me that the videocard I wanted may not fit my port slots. I told him that I would have access to a digital camera later that night and would pop open my PC and take pics and show it to them.

I log off and get ready to go to a party later in the evening. With lots of time left before the festivities would begin I decided I would open up my PC and take a peek around. Inside I was like a toddler at a toy store. Touching everything and messing around. Surprised at the big fan in my PC I decided I would take it off just to see what my procescessor chip looked like. Anyway, wahetever, I put everything back the way it was and logged back on. At that moment I thought I smelled something, but I payed it no mind. I then inform donkey of my doing, promptong him to warn me that perhaps what I did wasn't a good idea. I then immedieatly became paranoid. Thinking maybe I put the fan back on wrong I would somehow cause my PC to explode or melt. Then all of a sudden that strange smell lurked once again around my nose. In my mind it was the smell of burning plastic computer equipment. But In actuallity it was Vic's Vapor Rub
user posted image
"OH SHIT MY MOTHERBOARD IS MELTING", I thought to myself.

Scared that I would lose my PC, I immediatly reached to shut off my PC by pushing the power button. 2 seconds passed and it wasn't going off fast enough. This called for drastic measures, for my PC was at stake! So I went for the powercord.

user posted image

I then opened up my PC again to see what the damage was...
Nothing!
But I surely smelled the smell which caused me to take drastic actions. I then looked around the house, and It turned out my Grandmother had rubbed some Vics Vapor Rub on my neices chest. Relieved that my PC was safe, I laughed at my paranoid actions and went back on to convey the humerous story to Donkey and Sgt Retehi.

But low and behold a new problem showed up. I couldn't access any of the 4 days worth of music I had ripped in my PC. Cosulting with Donkey and Sgt on what actions I should take I decided to restart my computer. Thinking maybe I fucked up something with the harddrive of my PC by pulling the plug so hastily I was thinking what I could do to fix it.Then I noticed the option "F10 For System Recovery" I figure hey maybe I can fix whatever happened to my PC with that. I pressed it and ignored all the text and just began performing a system recovery......

All I can say is cry2.gif

I totally fucked up my computer, Lost every program I installed on my PC all my configurations and what was worth I was getting alot of random errors and couldn't operate many programs. In the end Thank fully I had made Recovery Discs a long time ago So I was able to restore my PC back to working order and I ended up reformatting my PC.

Some final images of the stupidity of that night.

user posted image

user posted image

PS. Oh yeah Donkey was right, the video Card I wanted wouldn't fit in my PC. beigerolleyes.gif

--------------------
"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

--an Excerpt from a Night Lords Novel Void Stalkers Chapter X: Revenge
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 04:24 PM