Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Fall gaming season, It begins!
Crushinator
post Sep 1 2006, 04:29 AM
Post #1

Holding these random memories

Group: Magister
Member No.: 8

So after the long summer drought, its finally time for VG releases to pick back up! August wasn't so bad, I guess, what with the Dead Rising, Madden, Saints Row, and all. But now its time for the real deal holyfield!

What is everyone in AT looking forwards to? Plenty of good PS2 games on the horizon, some long-awaited RPG sequels. DS and PSP are rocking this season, and X360 is really hitting its stride. And of course two, count 'em, TWO new console launches means game MADNESS! ...and empty wallets.

Here's my choices for September:

IPB Image
Yakuza - An action RPG in the vein of Shenmue (but with more ass kicking and prostitutes, and possibly less sailors) where you are an ex-Yakuza thug beating down scrubs for revenge.

IPB Image
Okami - A Zelda-like adventure where you play as a japanese wolf-god Ameretsu, saving nature or some crap. The graphics are like a japanese wood-block painting jumping to life, and to do spells and special abilities in the game you actually "paint" on the canvas of the game world.

IPB Image
Valkyrie Profile 2 - Sequel to the uniqe PSOne classic. This one's a long time coming, but it looks like it will be totally worth the wait. The cool combat system and 2D platforming makes up for the normal JRPG story bullcrappery.

Other stuff on my radar include:

PS2-
God Hand
Final Fantasy 12
Guitar Hero 2

DS-
Mario Vs. DK 2
Final Fantasy 3
Contact
Children of Mana
Yoshi's Island 2
Elite Beat Agents
Castlevania: PoR

Xbox 360-
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Gears of War
Sonic the Hedgehog
Rainbow 6: Vegas
Splinter Cell: Double Agent

Damn, after compiling that list, there's no way I can afford all those cry2.gif . Of course I'm also all about the Wii this year too, and with Zelda, Mario, and Metroid all as launch titles, thats just more must-haves coming up.

Crushinator wallet am cry.

--------------------

Steam: MrCrushin PSN : MrCrushin XBL: Mr Crushin
I'm not a playa I just crush a lot.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
AC9breaker
post Sep 1 2006, 08:27 AM
Post #2

Soul Hunter

Group: Magister
Member No.: 23

Yeah with out a doubt I'm gonna get a Nintendo Wii day 1.
I'm really excited about Red Steel, the game looked badass to me.

My top 5 list would be

#1 Zelda
#2 Red Steel
#3 Final Fantasy III
#4 Okami
#5 Phoneix Wright 2! Ace Attorney!

Sucks though cause I'm sure I won't even get half the games I want and even then I won't have enough time to play them, haha.
I'd also like to pick up an Xbox360, but I don't think I've been good enough this year for Santa to hook me up with one. beigelaugh.gif

Gears of War looks incredibly awesome.

--------------------
"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

--an Excerpt from a Night Lords Novel Void Stalkers Chapter X: Revenge
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:36 PM